On improving Screens for DS2

What do you think is more important if Nintendo were to improve the DS screens for DS2?

• Bigger Screens

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shorter Distance Between Screens

• Double Touch Screens

• Better Screen Resolution

• Improved Touch Sensitivity

• More Scratch-Resistant

• Total voters

Skyhunterjim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
I am curious as to what you guys would say.I'm more inclined towards the Double Touch Screens,but shortening the distance even further would be really nice too.I am perfectly ok with the size but IMHO an increase in resolution is absolutely necessary for the next console, when it appears

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
Personally I hope they won't continue with Dual Screen!
One big screen is enough. GameBoy ftw
gbasp.gif
gba.gif

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, me too Elrinth,
I voted "closer screens" but then realized the solution to putting them close enough was to just use one big widescreen.
It would be cool if you could set the controls in such a way as to use it in "portrait" and "wide".
And while we're at it throw some faster processing in there so we could up the emu capabilities as well.
Maybe they could just knock Sony over the head and Nintendo-ize a PSP!

Skyhunterjim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
I don't know.I actually like the two separate screens, although I would like them to be close enough.I see most people ask for better resolution.I 'm guessing 3d is playing its role, as FF3 showed that you can't have a detailed 3d game, without a screen with high pixel-count.

Excelerate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd prefer one big touchscreen. (I really try to avoid most dual-screen games, I have a hard time following both screens with my eye problems)

The only problem is how to make it portable.

In the case of keeping both screens, I'd go for closer screens.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm, now i reckon they're probably all pretty good ideas.

I wouldn't mind them abandoning the dual screens, but i wouldn't be upset if they kept them either.

better resolution (at least as good as psp) and slightly bigger (u don't really need it much bigger) is a definite, but moreso if they abandon 1 of the screens.

touchscreen is a definite keeper and increasing the sensitivity would be brilliant.

that said, the next ds is likely to be backwards compatable and thus have two screens.

kingeightsix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
heck, why not add a third screen??? that shit would be bomb!

seriously, though... i'd say what osw did; higher res & larger screens.

they should add rumble feature to the pen, though... but i wonder how that'd work.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I like the DS lite the way it is. The way I would improve it though is to make sure the build quality was as good as the phat DS quality. So the DS2 would need to be like the DS lite but better build quality and no dead pixels.

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
I'd like to see Rumble implemented as a standard feature in the next handheld, it's about time. Closer touch screens would be nice, however, I don't necessarily see the point in dual touch screens. It might get a tad confusing.

Trigger Shoulder Buttons would be great (like on GCN) and an analogue stick would be great. How it could be done is that it can be spring loaded, so when you want to close it, all you'd have to do is just press it in.

I wouldn't mind seeing 3 degrees of tilt (a la Nunchuk) as well as IR/Bluetooth support. Oh, and an SD Slot would be fantastic. They could even port the Wii Channels.

Bigger Resolution is necessary, do you think it would be possible to make it at 480p?

Extreme Coder

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
I'd rather have a TS than a DS2, thank you. The touchscreen experience was a much better one than the dual screen experience.
So I want the next handheld to be something like the PSP that is NOT a widescreen and has a touchscreen.(Something like the GP2X with a touchscreen would be better even)

DestyNova

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm happy with my
yaynds.gif
, but to be honest there are some things I would want to have in case of a DS2:

- 2 Bigger screens or 1 big touchscreen, emulation of DS1 could be handled by the Wide/portrait Mode
Idea...

- a REAL mobile 3D GPU instead of a that secondary ARM CPU for the graphics, ATI anyone?
biggrin.gif

- bigger Res is good when we have bigger screens,

- Touchscreen technology should use the System used by Wacom, not the sensitive foil like the DS.
Wacom showed the technology can be used for a Touchscreen TFT...

- Optical Media instead of Gamecarts, so they have more space for Games!

- Backward compatibility to DS!

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I hope that they don't use the D pad again. I want something like the one used on Neo Geo Pocket. Also more scratch resistance.

Kyoji

ウッーウッーウマ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bigger Resolution is necessary, do you think it would be possible to make it at 480p?
Lol, dude, I dont even think the DS's screens are VGA. QVGA at best. 480p would mean a slightly bigger screen, but much much higher resolution. Thats going to cost some serious dollars to manufacture.

As for trigger "buttons", wouldn't these totally screw the form factor of any handheld? Most handhelds are flat so they fit in small places, triggers hanging down would ruin it. Unless the triggers were placed sideways..which could work, but that would be awkward.

iza

gbatemp, the new crack
Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
As for trigger "buttons", wouldn't these totally screw the form factor of any handheld? Most handhelds are flat so they fit in small places, triggers hanging down would ruin it. Unless the triggers were placed sideways..which could work, but that would be awkward.
as with the analog idea...they would be spring loaded...

HugeCock

Oh My....
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I like my DS lite ....screens are a perfect handheld size my PSP is just tooo bulky, my DS phat is too bulky....DSL for the win. I also like the screen being protected so a lid kicks ass and if there is a lid...why not put a screen there. I'd love the screens to be closer but I don't think it's possible. The only idea I see that I like so far is the spring loading stick. Seriously any bigger on the screens and it would be a nother home portable like my PSP.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, See, the thing with these AI-generated videos, is that they want money.