Omega Labyrinth (Menu) Translation [Help Needed]

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by AlternativeZero, May 12, 2017.

1. AlternativeZero
    OP

AlternativeZero GBAtemp Regular

Apr 7, 2017
    [​IMG]
    Released in 2015 Omega Labyrinth (ωLabyrinth) is a rougelike dungeon crawler centering around Akemiya Aina, who wishes to use the Holy Grail of Beauty hidden in an ancient cave that only opens on the school's founding day to make her breasts bigger, the story is from your typical girls only ecchi anime but the gameplay is actually very good.

Patch v0.01 Release

1. Download the patched files here.
    2. Install a copy of the game (NoNpDrm works fine) then download the update patch.
    3. Open VitaShell, goto the patch folder then open PCSG00550 decrypted and FTP the contents to your PC then delete the folder.
    4. Delete clearsign and keystone in the sce_sys folder and copy the English patch to it's relevant location
    5. Plug your Vita into the PC and copy the patch folder back and your game is now translated.

NOTE: The game itself is translated but is unedited because many wanted it released early so expect some typos and things not appearing properly, if there is any problems then feel free to tell me and I'll fix it, next release should have most problems fixed but for the time being enjoy.

Release Notes
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

Credits
    - @AlternativeZero (Project leader, lead editor, secondary translator)
    - @happydance (Hacking and graphics)
    - @SSShowmik (Translator)
    - @Taberis (Translator)
    - Yuuko Shionji (editor)

Join our Discord server to discuss the translation or to contribute.
    Outdated Screenshots

Thanks for reading.

Last edited by AlternativeZero, Nov 23, 2017
  2. LEGOF

LEGOF Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 31, 2015
    United States
    I for one am interested. I'm unable to help out, but I want to offer my applause for starting a TL project for the menus.

3. happydance

happydance GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 16, 2009
    I usually enjoy messing around with games like this, but got no idea about unity file types

Last edited by happydance, May 15, 2017
  4. AlternativeZero
    OP

Apr 7, 2017
    Yea, me neither. I took a look at them though a Unity Assets Explorer and while I found some image files I couldn't locate the text that needs changing.

5. happydance

Jul 16, 2009
    try this https://github.com/RaduMC/UnityStudio/releases and some text will be extracted to "TextAsset"

the 1st dialog is on J_msg_story #3801821.txt

6. AlternativeZero
    OP

Apr 7, 2017
    Works great, I'm able to extract some of the menu texts.

Now comes the hard part, putting the text back.

7. happydance

Jul 16, 2009
    you can just HEXedit it since it's just in Raw format and make a tool for quick injection, but this will limit your translation space.

Hexeditor:
    [​IMG]

or you can use this tool to import the modded file and will create a new resource.asset file

Unity Assets Bundle Extractor: (sorry for the quick google translate, can't read Japanese)
    [​IMG]

8. AlternativeZero
    OP

Apr 7, 2017
    Guess I'll use the Unity Assets Bundle Extractor since it gives me more room for the translation.

Thanks so much for the assistance @happydance, you've been a great help in pushing the project forward.

I'm slowly going through the messages right now and will hopefully be able to post some screenshots in the upcoming days.

9. SSShowmik

SSShowmik Member

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2016
    Bulgaria
    If yall need help with some JP texts I can get those translated but I have no experience with hex editing and file editing.

10. AlternativeZero
    OP

Apr 7, 2017
    Of course, I'm not one to turn away help.

But I have to mention that once exacted the files are actually very easy to work with since the text is just structured very simply.

Code:
    [
    Yes
    ]
    Therefore editing is simple but it's better if you leave that to me since I have to make sure the sentence doesn't overflow in-game.

I'm not sure what you prefer to work on so here I uploaded the menu messages which seem important, it's a lot of stuff to get through though.

11. happydance

Jul 16, 2009
    @AlternativeZero you can let @SSShowmik work on the menu images translation so people working on the graphics can start simultaneously as you deal with the text

and maybe it doesn't hurt to make a discord server for this translation

12. SSShowmik

SSShowmik Member

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2016
    Bulgaria
    I do not have any problem with translating Japanese text. I am a noob in modding. Plus dont have a vita to test out. But if you can send me a text file with hundreds of JP text organised per script, I'll try an get those translated.

13. AlternativeZero
    OP

Apr 7, 2017
    I've made a discord for anyone who wants to join.

And I've also uploaded the text files used in the update that needs translating here.

I'll dig through the base game files tomorrow and see if there is any additional ones that can be extracted.

Right now the main goal is to get the text translated.

Also if anyone finds the image text, feel free to upload to the discord.

14. SSShowmik

SSShowmik Member

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2016
    Bulgaria
    Holy Shat, the texts are so messy. Weird symbols make it hard to translate. Any tools that recognize this kinds of texts?

Update : Got myself Madedit. It seems to recognize the txt files and shows Japanese texts that I can (finally) understand. However how am I to edit these files? Do I use Madedit to read the JP texts and use word pad to edit and put in the english translations? I'm a noob but I want to help.

Last edited by SSShowmik, May 17, 2017
  15. AlternativeZero
    OP

Apr 7, 2017
    Sorry for not seeing your post @SSShowmik, but for anyone wanting to help with the translation you are better off using Notepad++ to alter the text since it formats it properly.

Anyways, to update anyone who doesn't check the OP, all the images with text and important texts has been extracted and translation of them are commencing at a steady pace.

16. SSShowmik

SSShowmik Member

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2016
    Bulgaria
    Thanks man. I'm one third done with the abilities text. Progressing smoothly. Although u might need to edit the spaces and capital letters and shizz. Madedit seems to work better than notepad++. It recognizes more jp text than notepad. Don't know why. I'll update more tomorrow.

17. Versa

Versa Member

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2014
    Bumping, looking forward to this. :)

18. SSShowmik

SSShowmik Member

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2016
    Bulgaria
    Most has been translated. Look forward to it. Still not a good translator, so forgive me for any mistakes you find.

Versa likes this.
  19. AlternativeZero
    OP

Apr 7, 2017
    So here is a big update for everyone who hasn't been following the discord.

Everything apart from the story has been translated and is in editing right now, so a proof of concept as well as a menu patch will be released once that has been completed, also because our current translator @SSShowmik decided to continue and another has volunteered to help, the story will be fully translated so this has become a full translation patch.

Outside of that a few graphics still need to be tweaked but that is currently being worked on by @happydance who has done a wonderful job.

7MinutesDead and Versa like this.
  20. AlternativeZero
    OP

Apr 7, 2017
    Screenshots are up, the story isn't edited yet so wait a few more months for that but the rest of the game is slowly getting completed. Look forward to it.

7MinutesDead, Versa and reinzhart like this.