OLED - HWFLY - MicroSD swap issue

prepster10

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all, so I bought a OLED switch that came premodded. It autoboots into atmosphere and played games just fine. I transferred all of the contents of the 1 tb micro sd card to my pc; formatted the card from Fat32 to ExFat; transferred all of the contents back to the micro sd card.

Now, when I turn on the switch, it loads into atmosphere but when I try to start a game I get a message stating the software is not currently on the console. In settings/data management, I do not see the micro sd card as inserted. If I go into Tinfoil, I am able to see the micro sd card under file browser/sdmc.

If I hold R and press album, i'm able to get into the hbmenu.

I think I may have missed a hidden partition. Not sure. Does anyone know how I can fix my issue so I can play games again? I assume maybe I have to press something while it's booting to not skip hekate and boot into atmosphere, to then format to add a hidden partition; but i'm not sure.

prepster10

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's only 1 card. I transferred the contents of the main partition to desktop; formatted it; and then transferred the contents back. So I must have formatted ALL partitions on it. I formatted it back from exFat to Fat32 thinking that would possibly fix it but it didn't. I suspect it's because I no longer have a hidden partition emunand.

I just attached the 2 partitions on this 1 TB microSd card. There is one with 64 mb unallocated and another with the main size 950+GB.

Do you know how I can create a hidden partition emunand?

Attachments

• Disk Management.jpg
    Disk Management.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 43

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's only 1 card. I transferred the contents of the main partition to desktop; formatted it; and then transferred the contents back. So I must have formatted ALL partitions on it. I formatted it back from exFat to Fat32 thinking that would possibly fix it but it didn't. I suspect it's because I no longer have a hidden partition emunand.

I just attached the 2 partitions on this 1 TB microSd card. There is one with 64 mb unallocated and another with the main size 950+GB.

Do you know how I can create a hidden partition emunand?

Well it is hard to tell if there was a emunand, since you format the SD card, you shouldn't really be using exFAT anyway, should just left it alone on FAT32.

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
if you use a program like Rufus to format the SD card it will wipe the hidden partition for you

also if it cant read the exfat card sounds like the exfat driver isnt installed which you select when updating the console firmware in daybreak
or if your on sysnand before making an emunand you plg in an exfat card and it will inform you to update to install the driver.

either way the seller did the right thing giving you the switch premodded with fat32

exfat causes corruption issues on the switch with homebrew/cfw over time

prepster10

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please recall I am now on Fat32 again. I formatted back from exFat to Fat32.
If I hold R + - volume and turn it on I am presented with this screen. If I select emunand I get into atmosphere and I'm presented with a message that says microsd card is unaccessible; so I'm unable to load games.

If I use Rufus to format the drive again; do I format it into 2 partitions; one that is smaller and the other for the main drive? Is there anything I need to put on the smaller one or is there any guide?

Attachments

• hekate.jpg
    hekate.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 40

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If I hold R + - volume and turn it on I am presented with this screen. If I select emunand I get into atmosphere and I'm presented with a message that says microsd card is unaccessible; so I'm unable to load games.

If I use Rufus to format the drive again; do I format it into 2 partitions; one that is smaller and the other for the main drive? Is there anything I need to put on the smaller one or is there any guide?

rufus formats the entire drive as 1 partition as at least for all the times i have used it

HB3SlQj.png

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

looks like your emunand is gone.

prepster10

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@izy Ok, I will format using Rufus to Fat32, 32 kb cluster. Then transfer all my files from my PC back on to it; and check if it fixes my problem.

@Hayato213 do you know what I have to do to get it back? Is this hidden partition emunand something I need?

prepster10

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By create another one, do you mean create 2 partitions with Rufus; one with 32 GB and another partition with the rest of the size?

If there is more to it than that, is there any guide you recommend for Oled switch?

prepster10

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After following that guide I'm now able to see the microSD.

I'm now going to work on tinfoil. I lost everything but at least I have a functioning microSD now. Thank you @Hayato213!

If you have any other guide that you recommend after this one please let me know; otherwise thanks for your help. This was just what I needed!

Reactions: Hayato213

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After following that guide I'm now able to see the microSD.

I'm now going to work on tinfoil. I lost everything but at least I have a functioning microSD now. Thank you @Hayato213!

If you have any other guide that you recommend after this one please let me know; otherwise thanks for your help. This was just what I needed!

People here recommend rentry.

Reactions: prepster10

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1