Hacking Old saves dont work with AKAIO 1.6?

8ballll

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've recently upgraded from AKAIO 1.5 to 1.6RC2. All my previous saves i had while using 1.5 are now not being recognized. I then rolled back to 1.5 and they all still work again, but i need 1.6RC2 for smt: strange journey to be working properly. Is there any way or a fix to get all my old saves to work with 1.6RC2?

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There is an issue (well not really an "issue") with AKAIO1.6. If any of your saves are *.SAV you must rename them to *.sav. You can download this file, extract it, and place it on your MicroSD card wherever your saves are located. It will automatically rename all *.SAV files to *.sav. Credit for this file goes to tk_saturn. Link.

8ballll

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, none of that seems to have made any of the old saves work again with 1.6, plus nearly all of them were ".sav" in the first place. I compared the "properties" of the old save files from 1.5 to the newly made saves created when using 1.6, and they both seem identical.
Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

penthaler

Trophies
XP
Country
Sounds really wierd... I use old saves from ACEKARD 4.16 (*.nds.sav) till today. They worked well with AKAIO 1.5 to 1.6RC2 and never had problem with them.

There must be an error with ->
-> chosen sav extension
-> formated msd in wrong way

OR

-> you didnt tell us, what AK do you have... (I guess AK2.1, or am I wrong?)

8ballll

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an acekard2 2.1, but i also have and now use an acekard2i, but im unsure of the version(as my other AK2 says right on the label, unlike my AK2i).

But the problem is the same on both of them.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Try what everyone else has suggested and at a last resort do this:

Goto My Computer
Hold down the shift key and Right Click on your SD Card Drive.
Select "Open Command Window Here"
You will get a black box come up
type
Code:
dir /x > dirlist.txt
and press enter
Double click on dirlist.txt and copy the contents to a post on here.

It won't do anything to help you, but it may make it easier for other posters to help you.

8ballll

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, reformatting my microsd did not solve the problem.

Here is the info from my sd card drive...

Volume in drive F has no label.
Volume Serial Number is 704C-13A6

Directory of F:\

04/17/2010 01:08 PM games
03/24/2010 09:39 PM 614,976 akmenu4.nds
03/24/2010 09:39 PM 14,612 LOADER~1.TXT LoaderChangelog.txt
03/24/2010 09:39 PM 15,393 README~1.TXT readme_AKAIO.txt
04/17/2010 09:57 AM 2,609,971 10063-~1.RAR 10063-AKAIO.1.6.RC2.rar
03/24/2010 09:39 PM __aio
04/17/2010 01:33 PM 0 dirlist.txt
5 File(s) 3,254,952 bytes
2 Dir(s) 26,476,544 bytes free

I only had a handful of game saves with somewhat major progress that id still want, if i cant solve it, then ill buy myself another microsd card and keep those saves/games on there with AKAIO 1.5 for whenever i want to continue them.

Thanks for all the help though

8ballll

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I fixed my issue. As some of you were saying about the ".sav" issue, all of my old saves were ".nds.sav". So I changed them all to ".sav", and they seem to be all working again with AKAIO 1.6rc2

Tim 13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know it's an old topic, but I just wanted to stop in and say thanks. I did a crap-ton of grinding in FF IV yesterday, then I switched the standard AK firmware to AKAIO 1.6, and suddenly, it couldn't find my FF IV data anymore. I was PISSED.

So anyway, I'm actually in the process of changing all the extensions now, but even if it doesn't work, I figure I don't really have anything to lose, so again, just stopping in to say thanks.
bow.gif

EDIT: Worked like a charm. Thanks a lot!

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Tim 13 said:
I know it's an old topic, but I just wanted to stop in and say thanks. I did a crap-ton of grinding in FF IV yesterday, then I switched the standard AK firmware to AKAIO 1.6, and suddenly, it couldn't find my FF IV data anymore. I was PISSED.

So anyway, I'm actually in the process of changing all the extensions now, but even if it doesn't work, I figure I don't really have anything to lose, so again, just stopping in to say thanks.
bow.gif

EDIT: Worked like a charm. Thanks a lot!
Tim, I have a batch file which will do it all for you. It will rename them all at once, even if they are in subdirectories, it will also back them up first. You can download it here Download and extract to the root directory of your MicroSD card, doubleclick on renamesav and then you're done.

Tim 13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol, I did them all individually before, I would have loved to have that thing though. Actually, you wanna hear something funny? I highlighted all the .nds.sav files, then right-clicked one, clicked "Rename," deleted the .nds extension, and hit enter. Well, wouldn't you know it, it renamed ALL the .nds.sav files to the exact same thing. So then I had to go through the entire list of saves in alphabetical order, rename them to what I thought and hoped they were, and prayed to God that I was right.

Luckily, I was right, because the first day that I got the Acekard, I booted up all the ROMs one-by-one to get that annoying 30-second initialization period over with for all the games. I dodged a bullet there, though
biggrin.gif

kaputnik

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Had some problems with AKAIO 1.6 RC2 all of a sudden corrupting my Glory of Heracles saves, or at least making the game think the saves were corrupted. I played it for a few sessions before it happened.

Dont know if it helps anyone, but fixed it by switching flashcart to my M3 Zero, and it worked just fine. They both use the same save format.

RSK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah well and about that, akaio 1.6 just overwrote my spirit tracks.SAV with a new empty .sav.... this made me so angry I wanted to throw the devilish thing out the window
smile.gif
I was at the 5. dungeon, anyone happen to have a savefile around this place? thanks.

Tim 13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kaputnik said:
Had some problems with AKAIO 1.6 RC2 all of a sudden corrupting my Glory of Heracles saves, or at least making the game think the saves were corrupted. I played it for a few sessions before it happened.

Dont know if it helps anyone, but fixed it by switching flashcart to my M3 Zero, and it worked just fine. They both use the same save format.
By the way, if anything similar to this happens to anyone else, go to your ROMs directory, which is where the .sav files are; first, clear the new .sav file, then rename the .nds.sav file to just .sav. I booted up FFIV after I thought my memory was cleared, so it created a new .sav file. Before I could restore my old one to be the default .sav, I had to clear the new one. Hope that makes sense. lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, Sup