Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
>Remembering Sonic Rush as a great game
>Tried to replayed it recently
>Level design is crap
>Drop it immediately

Any old games you remembered as great ones but you changed your mind after replaying them years later?

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
>Remembering Sonic Rush as a great game
>Tried to replayed it recently
>Level design is crap
>Drop it immediately

Any old games you remembered as great ones but you changed your mind after replaying them years later?
Whilst I still think it's a great game. I gotta say Pikmin 2. My first playthrough of that game I loved every moment of it and thought it was perfect. But every single time I have gone back through it I kinda hate it more and more. The difficulty in the game isnt fair difficulty. It's just straight up fuck you moments.

Darkshadow1997

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
This is hard for me to answer but if anything, I struggled with the controls of the older games, playing them after more than a decade and I am suprised that my past self could complete those games with ease. But if there was a game, then the knuckle levels on Sonic adventure 2.

Deleted member 591971

Trophies
XP
I'm not sure if this is cheating: I thought Sonic Adventure 2 was The Best Sonic Game (I didn't played it as a child) I played it a few months and I thought it was atroucious, the Sonic stages were the most fun stages but they were still not that fun (except City Escape). Ever since I tried to give it chances but it's still a bad game.

Another game that I thought was great was New Super Mario Bros Wii, This game is only good when you play multiplayer, single player it's boring (I played it single player though) and I would even say, my own game (Darnell) is better. Super Mario 64 DS I beated it like 20 times when I was a child, coming back to it, the controls ruin the entire game, with the circle pad patch is A LOT MORE bearable but the camera sometimes is even worse than the N64. To be honest when I was a child I didn't played that much games and the ones I played were good ones.

amusingmuse22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I tried Super Mario Kart on the SNES lately, and it's a very tough sell these days... I was like forcing myself to have with it, but it didn't work... Can't exactly put my finger on what's my biggest gripe with the game, perhaps it's a combination of outdated visuals, the task of memorizing the maps not being exactly a "fun" endeavor, the unfair difficulty of certain tournaments, etc...

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I named rogue legacy as one of my best games of that year (about 5 years ago). Tried replaying it, and...I can't say it's bad, but after dead cells the standards are much higher. (rogue legacy 2 is a whole lot better in that regard...hopefully my future self will agree on that).

Abe's Oddyssey. It hurts to admit, but the movement is so clunky and the level design pretty unfair at times. Aesthetic's still awesome, though.

And though it's probably heresy: frankly everything on the NES. I loved the crap out of bubble bobble, double dragon 2 and (of course) Mario bros (I also tried original Zelda on multiple occasions, but that was much later). Emulating anything now is like...I don't get how I ever played it. Heck, I actually get why parents back then couldn't understand why video games were popular.

Jacobh

Trophies
XP
Country
Super Mario 64 DS I beated it like 20 times when I was a child, coming back to it, the controls ruin the entire game, with the circle pad patch is A LOT MORE bearable but the camera sometimes is even worse than the N64. To be honest when I was a child I didn't played that much games and the ones I played were good ones.

The best way to play Super Mario 64 DS was with the thumb pad that came on the “phat” DS wrist strap.

nintendo-ds-feature-a-day-2-20041110005749087-001.jpg

It took a little while to get used to, but you essentially got analog support.

At the time it was amazing to have an enhanced version of that game on a portable, but you are probably right that I’d find it way to frustrating to play if I tried it now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maxouter @ Maxouter: yo