ROM Hack Ok,I have a few questions.

amazingwilly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I am very new to this site, I practically just signed up.

So I have an r4, and for some reason a few of the games I play won't fully work.
Such games would be pokemon soulsilver/ heatgold, platinum, and yugioh 2010 for the ds.
So the question is how do I make these games work on my ds on its r4 card.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
It depends.... (mainly on the TYPE of R4 card you have)

Firstly - when you got the r4, was the firmware (or operating system) already on it ??
If so... visit the R4 website (usually shown on the sticker of the R4 card) to see if there had been an updated version of the firmware...

If there has been - download & install it - it MIGHT help

Secondly, What R4 have you got ??? (ther are soooo many of these thngs)
- where did you buy it & what's the website on the sticker ??

....that MIGHT help us determine if it's a bad 'clone' (which usually don't have that much in the line of support) or whether it's a '1:1' copy of the original R4 (which should be able to use the 'Wood R4' firmware which is usually updated quite regularly)

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
amazingwilly said:
Ok, I just checked the box and its says its an r4-III upgrade revolution for the ds.
Also what is a good website to download the r4 firmware from?
Well I'm not sure but I think that's a 'clone', but IF it's the one I'm thinking of then this is the website that should be the one for it (in fact it should be the same web address as on the sticker on the R4)

If so then the latest firmware for that is v3.13 firmware (if your card was a R4 III i then it'll be v4.03)
Another site I usually recommend is http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/ this usually keeps the latest avaliable firmware for virtually every possible flashcard around (even the multitude of R4 clones)

Whether this will work with 'Wood R4' I cannot tell - sorry

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
amazingwilly said:
Another question, where can I buy acekard from which is the true r4 card.??? Acekard is NOT a R4 - R4's are usually 'clones' (or poor quality knockoffs) of popular cards like the Acekard
If anything, if you are thinking of buying a new card - IMHO I would suggest you would be better off getter the Acekard 2i or a Supercard DSTwo (if you can afford it) & avoid (almost) all the cards labelled up as 'R4' - except those that actually say they work with the WoodR4 firmware

QUOTE(TheHunted1 @ Feb 12 2011, 07:48 PM) dont use that filmware, its last update was in 2009 -_-,, use WoodR4,, it gets updateted regullary.
So 'WoodR4' does work with the 'r4-III upgrade revolution' then ???
Wasn't sure about that it was a 1:1 copy !!
unsure.gif

EDIT: (You posted while I was typing out the above post)
FYI - WoodR4 (IIRC) is actually a version of the popular firmware called AKAIO (for Acekards) made to work on 1:1 R4 copies.
the problem is knowing which R4 cards are actual 1:1 copies capable of running the WoodR4 firmware

For more info on WoodR4 try this post It's a bit old but still quite relevant

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y23PPkftXIY