Hardware OG 3DS only turns on blue light, without image, Wifi and 3D LEDs are off

DarkraiPK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I ran on this problem recently: Yesterday I was playing some NDS games within Twilight Menu++, then after that I went to sleep and then turned off my console.
Everything went normal after that, but today I went to turn it on to continue playing, and it only lighted up the power LED, nothing else was working, WiFi and 3D LEDs were off, and screens were off, too.

I tried the L+R+A+Up key combo, but nothing happened, still frozen. Then I tried holding SELECT when turning on the 3DS (I have B9S + Luma3DS 10.2 + GM9 1.9.1, running 11.13 something.. Not even GodMode9 worked.

Tried with the SD card out, were still dead...

Did many things to see if it turned on again, but yet still had no life.. Never made a NAND backup, now I regret.
Anything I can do for taking it back to life? Any help is appreciated.

edit: a minute or so before replying, my 3ds booted up to gm9, but after 3 secs or so, it gone black and started scrolling a white line in both screens, like if it were a printer reading paper! then it shut down and came back to the same dead state....

Last edited by DarkraiPK,

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I ran on this problem recently: Yesterday I was playing some NDS games within Twilight Menu++, then after that I went to sleep and then turned off my console.
Everything went normal after that, but today I went to turn it on to continue playing, and it only lighted up the power LED, nothing else was working, WiFi and 3D LEDs were off, and screens were off, too.

I tried the L+R+A+Up key combo, but nothing happened, still frozen. Then I tried holding SELECT when turning on the 3DS (I have B9S + Luma3DS 10.2 + GM9 1.9.1, running 11.13 something.. Not even GodMode9 worked.

Tried with the SD card out, were still dead...

Did many things to see if it turned on again, but yet still had no life.. Never made a NAND backup, now I regret.
Anything I can do for taking it back to life? Any help is appreciated.
Did you just let the console turned on for a several minutes (and perharps pressing the HOME button at any moment)?

Do yo know if the console has Luma payload on CTRNAND? Pressing SELECT button while turning on and with the SD/microSD out from the console does anything different?

Edit: And about GodMode9: do you have another .firm payload on the "SD:/luma/payloads" location? Because it's well-known that if you only have one .firm payload on that location, it just doesn't work (screen init failure)

Last edited by fmkid,
Reactions: DarkraiPK

DarkraiPK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Sounds like hardware failure. The first thing to try is a different SD card, with a fresh copy of Luma3DS on it and nothing else.

I'll try when I get hold of a SD card reader, because I don't have one atm.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Did you just let the console turned on for a several minutes (and perharps pressing the HOME button at any moment)?

Do yo know if the console has Luma payload on CTRNAND? Pressing SELECT button while turning on and with the SD/microSD out from the console does anything different?

Edit: And about GodMode9: do you have another .firm payload on the "SD:/luma/payloads" location? Because it's well-known that if you only have one .firm payload on that location, it just doesn't work (screen init failure)

Yes, I left it turned on until the battery died.

I pressed several times bot HOME and Start buttons, but still nothing..

I remember a week ago I updated Luma3DS from the updater for both CTRNAND and SD, so it's still there.

No, I have nothing on the luma/payloads dir. Except for GodMode9.

Last edited by DarkraiPK,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: get a used series X?