OFW will update next time i boot it, will I need to retrain HWFly?

Leaffar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
My setup:

- switch oled

- hwfly v5 or v4.1

- clean, unbanned OFW 16.0.1 on sysNAND

- newest Hekate + Atmosphere + fusee on CFW 16.0.3 on emuNAND

While using OFW I was being nagged every time I've tried to open a game that an update is available. Unfortunately naive me thought those were game updates and I chose Update option. It turns out it was firmware update (I guess 16.0.1 - > 16.0.3). Fortunately for me after selecting that option console rebooted to finish the update and I ended up in hekate. Since than I haven't started OFW because I assume next time I start it the update will commence.

What will happen if I'd like to open OFW one day? Will I need to retrain the chip? I know fuses will most likely get burned so I won't be able to downgrade but I'm fine with that but everything on emuNAND is up-to-date.

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since than I haven't started OFW because I assume next time I start it the update will commence.
The update is already applied before the switch shuts down.
Will I need to retrain the chip?
Only major version updates (14.x to 15.x, or 15.x to 16.x) will cause the chip to retrain, because the update overwrites payload in boot0/1 and the chip will fail to glitch. Anyway the chip should be able to rewrite the payload. You'll see yellow light flashing several times then pulsing purple, and it will boot back to hekate

Reactions: Leaffar

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: Lol not me trying to get people to make an uncensor patch for imagine makeup artist