Hacking Hwfly and booting to OFW issue, Yet CFW works fine.

kh602

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I recently installed hwfly v5 core on my v2 patched Mariko switch 16.0.3 and everything seemed to be running fine using HATs pack and tutorials, doing all the backups and things, got CFW working from Hekate etc.

I later came back to the switch to turn it on the next day I noticed it was stuck flashing green in toolbox mode (I think) and a blank screen. I couldn't get back to Hekate so I hooked the board up to the pc and reset hwfly through putty. I eventually got back to Hekate, again CFW working fine but when I reboot to OFW, nothing happens and I get a blank screen. Even though it used to work fine switching between CFW and reboot to OFW at the start.

So then I restore the emmc boot0&1 I made at the very start thinking it's corrupted. This enables me to reboot and get back into OFW but then soon as I power down or restart, it goes back to blank screen stuck flashing green in tool box mode. So then the reset cycle continues.

Anyone have an idea what this could be after having everything working fine with tinfoil and switching between CFW and clean OFW???

I've also tried a fresh SD and started again but that didn't make any difference.

Thanks in advance.
Post automatically merged:

I've figured it out now for anyone that has a similar issue. These clone hwfly v5 core type chips from china are designed to use 'special' bootloader firmware. I guess it's a Chinese modded version of the nx firmware that's specific for the clone boards to work correctly. I updated the firmware with the genuine hwfly-nx on GitHub and it works to some extent with CFW but its slow and corrupts boot0 when doing a reboot to OFW not work at all or partially at times. Soon as I asked and was sent a link for 'hwfly 0.71-p2-sx.zip' on a Google drive link, I reflashed the bootloader and it works Instantly and reboot or OFW is fine too. I guess if there are any firmware updates, I have to wait for china mod them for any future releases and reflash the chip.

Last edited by kh602,
Reactions: leerz

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto