Officially-licensed Overwatch case for the Switch appears, hinting at a possible port

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Aug 27, 2019.

Front-page
    F20F4E74-9195-4CF6-87C5-1082D49F1DD4.jpeg

Porting older titles to the Nintendo Switch has become a common occurrence. Many well-received games, from a wealth of different developers: Rockstar’s L.A. Noire, Bethesda’s Skyrim, Capcom’s Okami HD, and dozens of others have managed to find a new home on Nintendo’s incredibly popular console. That’s why it’s not really so surprising to hear of the latest port tease, which happens to be Overwatch. What is a surprise, however, is the method of the possible reveal. An accidental Amazon listing from accessory manufacturer PowerA happened to go live clearly before it was meant to. The product is your average everyday Switch carrying case, but with the colors and logo of Blizzard’s massively popular shooter, Overwatch, plastered upon it. Before the listing was taken down, the product description noted that the case was officially licensed by both Nintendo and Blizzard, leading to massive buzz over the possibility of a port of the game to the Nintendo Switch. The page also notated that the case would release on September 15th, which, if the listing is to be trusted, hints at us seeing an official announcement prior to that date.

:arrow: Source

FateForWindows, Owenge, Xzi and 7 others like this.
    Discussion (23 replies)
  1. MythicalData

MythicalData GBAtemp Maniac

May 11, 2017
    United States
    What's Overwatch?
    Case logo kinda reminds me of a Borderlands logo

2. Veho

Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Former Staff
    Apr 4, 2006
    Croatia
    Zagreb
    Yaaay, I can't wait to play a fast-paced precision shooter at 15FPS and with a dual analog controller ;o; [/p1ng]
    Sweet case, though.

3. RedoLane

RedoLane GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 16, 2016
    Israel
    Case of the Game

JavaScribe, Xabring and mironicurse like this.
  4. GoldenBullet

GoldenBullet That One Guy

Oct 27, 2014
    United States
    Funny but Overwatch isn't that hard to run. Willing to bet that it will be better than Fortnite on the switch. Definitely can see it running at 60 fps with dynamic 720p

Last edited by GoldenBullet, Aug 27, 2019
  5. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

GBAtemp Patron
    Hells Malice is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 9, 2009
    Canada
    They were so busy with seeing if they could, they never stopped to ask if they should.

6. Xandrid

Xandrid GBAtemp Maniac

GBAtemp Patron
    Xandrid is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 27, 2016
    Nigeria
    This is cool, but it's already too late if they do put it on the Switch, I like Paladins more

7. Viri

Viri GBAtemp Addict

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    What the fuck took them so long? This should have been on Switch last year.

The_Green_Nerd and DuoForce like this.
  8. Orangy57

Orangy57 bruh

Aug 17, 2015
    United States
    New Jersey
    wait there's an overwatch wallet, credit card port when??

9. Unleanone999

Unleanone999 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 15, 2018
    Togo
    Well paladin runs well on the switch given that it's almost similar graphicwise and gameplaywise with overwatch. So yeah wont be surprised if overwatch will find its way on the switch eventually.

10. fanheavy

fanheavy Member

Newcomer
    Aug 17, 2019
    Serbia, Republic of
    Forgot overwatch was a thing to be honest, should run fine on the switch its a pretty easy game to run.

StrayGuitarist and DuoForce like this.
  11. DuoForce

DuoForce GBAtemp Fan

Mar 19, 2017
    United States
    Maybe a reveal at Blizzcon? That is really weird that they would make a carrying case but not a port. The switch could for sure handle a port of Overwatch too

12. Sakitoshi

Sakitoshi GBAtemp Official Lolimaster

May 8, 2012
    Chile
    behind a keyboard or a gamepad
    Well. In overwatch you absolutelly need a locked 60 if you want to be able to play decently, even half a frame dropped can make you lose a team fight.
    On top of that you need good visual fidelity to be able to aim, so dynamic resolution is a no go.

Last edited by Sakitoshi, Aug 27, 2019
  13. StrayGuitarist

StrayGuitarist A genuine feline disaster.

Mar 28, 2019
    United States
    Pallyfornia
    Overwatch never really interested me much. I'll stick to TF2 and Splatoon 2.

14. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

Supervisor
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    >Overwatch
    >Precision

Overwatch registers eliminations if the enemy smelled your bullet from across the room, there's nothing precise about that game. It's fun, don't get me wrong, and it is very fast-paced, but precise? Compared to what, underwater duck hunt? :lol:

xyrad, StrayGuitarist and Xzi like this.
  15. Tumoche

Tumoche GBAtemp Regular

Apr 30, 2017
    Spain
    As someone who has a switch and plays overwatch on pc regularly, it's great news, and i'm confident it will run great, as even with hd530 graphics back in the day, I was able to run it at 50-60 fps at 720p low-medium.

16. CrisFTW

CrisFTW GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    Overwatch for the Switch? I can see the pirates getting mad they cant play it since it requires to be online

StrayGuitarist likes this.
  17. UltraSUPRA

UltraSUPRA Born in '04, living in '96.

May 4, 2018
    United States
    TF2 when?

18. fanheavy

fanheavy Member

Newcomer
    Aug 17, 2019
    Serbia, Republic of
    Don't think the switch could handle the unoptimized source engine these days. Source 2 port?

19. snobbysteven

snobbysteven Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 14, 2019
    United States
    Chicago
    This would get me to pick up overwatch again. I got bored playing on pc, but it would be nice to do a quick match from bed :D