Overwatch reportedly headed to the Nintendo Switch next month

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Sep 4, 2019.

Front-page
    C280C70A-C44D-4D2F-B712-37E4E6571431.

Revealed just a few hours prior to today’s Nintendo Direct is a new Switch port. After having been hinted at last week, due to a case design featuring the logo being leaked, Overwatch appears to almost certainly be headed to the Nintendo Switch. A European retail chain has listed Overwatch on Switch for a release date of October 18. Kotaku has also reported that their “inside sources” have confirmed the details, and that the official reveal will occur during the Nintendo Direct. It’s worth noting that the retailer previously leaked the existence of a new Plants Vs. Zombies game before EA officially announced such.

:arrow: Source

Discussion (44 replies)
  1. leon315

leon315 POWERLIFTER

Nov 27, 2013
    Italy
    How to play a fast paced FPS on an obsolete HW at 20fps?

atoxique likes this.
  2. sup3rgh0st

sup3rgh0st Top Tier Ghost

Apr 22, 2010
    United States
    It's good to see more well crafted online games being put on Nintendo hardware. Maybe one day this will be the wakeup call for Nintendo to realize that their laggy implementation of multiplayer is leagues behind everyone else, even though it's on the same console. I might consider playing it on Switch if there's motion controls.

atoxique likes this.
  3. Eastonator12

Eastonator12 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 16, 2016
    United States
    Well it'll either be 25/20fps on high/medium settings, or 30+ on low...hopefully it's at least playable. They REALLY need cross platform Overwatch if they want this to work, as most people have the game on a different console/pc

4. Dartz150

Dartz150 Hat Gurl Official Fan™

May 5, 2010
    Mexico
    Under your bed
    Good Idea: Making asumptions after reviews and tests to the final product are made.
    Bad Idea: Making baseless asumptions before having the final product.

5. leon315

leon315 POWERLIFTER

Nov 27, 2013
    Italy
    the x1/ps4 version is nerfed pc one at minimum setting, assume that Switch has inferior HW, how you suppose to run this game expecting same result as it on X1/ps4?

atoxique likes this.
  6. Kamiyama

Kamiyama GBAtemp Fan

Mar 14, 2007
    Finland
    Actually, Paladins is playing stable 60fps with no problems. The graphics are also outstanding for Switch, even in handheld mode. I don't see any reasons why Blizzard cannot do that with Overwatch too. At least Overwatch is much better than Paladins gameplay wise.

atoxique, Erick8x, DarthDub and 7 others like this.
  7. Dartz150

Dartz150 Hat Gurl Official Fan™

May 5, 2010
    Mexico
    Under your bed
    I'm not supposing anything, the one supposing is you and that's not a good idea as I said. I'm not one of those who make statements with no base, so I will not say anything technically-wise about this game until we see actual gameplay or have at least a glimpse of a demo to judge properly.

The only thing I can say is that I'm glad that the game is expanding to the switch, I have spent hours with the PC version and is one of the funniest online shooters I have ever played.

DarthDub, vinstage, Seriel and 2 others like this.
  8. Josshy0125

Josshy0125 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 16, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Stop that.

9. Harsky

Harsky Madmin

Aug 2, 2004
    In all honesty, I only really watched and enjoyed the trailers for each characters and haven't actually played the game at all. Is it really FPS multiplayer or am I oversimplifying it?

10. DeoNaught

DeoNaught I'm here to steal memes and break dreams

Aug 22, 2016
    United States
    Constant Fear
    Well I guess we'll find out in the Nintendo Direct :P

11. hamohamo

hamohamo GBAtemp Regular

Jan 16, 2017
    lol y'all saying it's gonna be 30fps. the switch is really underpowered but overwatch requires barely anything. it's not graphically demanding at all so i'd sy it'll be 60fps on low or something.

vinstage, Seriel, VinsCool and 2 others like this.
  12. TerminatR

TerminatR Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2006
    Canada
    I thought this game had already run its course on other consoles?

What is the online community still like for this one? I had heard that many people dropped this in favor of fortnite.

PS I dont follow this particular gaming niche normally so no need to get upset. a normal explanation will suffice thanks.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

13. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein There's hope for a Xenosaga port.

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    With the gamepad.

14. NoNAND

NoNAND The missing chip

Aug 22, 2015
    Antarctica
    I had a feeling this would happen someday, it was bound to happen, my gut feel didn't lie to me.
    Wonder how this would perform on the switch. Hopefully as DOOM or fortnite least said. Not that it's much of a graphics intensive game though.
    @MartyDreamy I bet this would interest you.

MicmasH_W and MartyDreamy like this.
  15. wurstpistole

wurstpistole I got 8 warning points

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    It baffles me how any user can find to a website called gbatemp, which obviously hints at some kind of connection to Nintendo-related products, and then bash their latest and greatest console that has the potential to outsell the Wii.

Hielkenator2 likes this.
  16. kisamesama

kisamesama GBAtemp Fan

Sep 29, 2008
    United States
    overwatch much better than Paladins?... at least on pc, I prefer paladins much more to overwatch and the latter is not even free...

Hielkenator2 likes this.
  17. Hielkenator2

Hielkenator2 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 18, 2017
    Albania
    Hmm You have copy allready? Please stop and take a look at palladins, Smite and Warframe. If it's like those, that Old Old game of Overwatch will be fine, probably.
    And stop ignoring the punch Switch can deliver with Far far less power consumption, The Switch is a succes no matter how you put it.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

No that's it. and you have to pay upfront for the game. No free to play here.

Last edited by Hielkenator2, Sep 4, 2019
  18. Tumoche

Tumoche GBAtemp Regular

Apr 30, 2017
    Spain
    Have you even played the game people? At 720p I was able to run it on medium settings 60fps on a hd530, the integrated graphics of a 2015 CPU

THYPLEX, sup3rgh0st and Rahkeesh like this.
  19. Josshy0125

Josshy0125 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 16, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Yeah it can easily hit 60fps and still look good on the Switch. Some people just like to baselessly hate just to hate...

MicmasH_W and sup3rgh0st like this.