Officially-licensed Overwatch case for the Switch appears, hinting at a possible port

F20F4E74-9195-4CF6-87C5-1082D49F1DD4.jpeg

Porting older titles to the Nintendo Switch has become a common occurrence. Many well-received games, from a wealth of different developers: Rockstar’s L.A. Noire, Bethesda’s Skyrim, Capcom’s Okami HD, and dozens of others have managed to find a new home on Nintendo’s incredibly popular console. That’s why it’s not really so surprising to hear of the latest port tease, which happens to be Overwatch. What is a surprise, however, is the method of the possible reveal. An accidental Amazon listing from accessory manufacturer PowerA happened to go live clearly before it was meant to. The product is your average everyday Switch carrying case, but with the colors and logo of Blizzard’s massively popular shooter, Overwatch, plastered upon it. Before the listing was taken down, the product description noted that the case was officially licensed by both Nintendo and Blizzard, leading to massive buzz over the possibility of a port of the game to the Nintendo Switch. The page also notated that the case would release on September 15th, which, if the listing is to be trusted, hints at us seeing an official announcement prior to that date.

:arrow: Source

GoldenBullet

That One Guy
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yaaay, I can't wait to play a fast-paced precision shooter at 15FPS and with a dual analog controller ;o; [/p1ng]
Sweet case, though.
Funny but Overwatch isn't that hard to run. Willing to bet that it will be better than Fortnite on the switch. Definitely can see it running at 60 fps with dynamic 720p

Last edited by GoldenBullet,

DuoForce

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe a reveal at Blizzcon? That is really weird that they would make a carrying case but not a port. The switch could for sure handle a port of Overwatch too

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
Funny but Overwatch isn't that hard to run. Willing to bet that it will be better than Fortnite on the switch. Definitely can see it running at 60 fps with dynamic 720p
Well. In overwatch you absolutelly need a locked 60 if you want to be able to play decently, even half a frame dropped can make you lose a team fight.
On top of that you need good visual fidelity to be able to aim, so dynamic resolution is a no go.

Last edited by Sakitoshi,

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yaaay, I can't wait to play a fast-paced precision shooter at 15FPS and with a dual analog controller ;o; [/p1ng]
Sweet case, though.
>Overwatch
>Precision

Overwatch registers eliminations if the enemy smelled your bullet from across the room, there's nothing precise about that game. It's fun, don't get me wrong, and it is very fast-paced, but precise? Compared to what, underwater duck hunt? :lol:

Tumoche

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
As someone who has a switch and plays overwatch on pc regularly, it's great news, and i'm confident it will run great, as even with hd530 graphics back in the day, I was able to run it at 50-60 fps at 720p low-medium.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    ^ that's some honest internet advise
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    No...I need help to resolve this situation. MOTHERFUCKER
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    putting me into a shrink is not going to help anyone but *THEM*
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Poor Leo. Everyone out to harm you.
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes see? the fault is within you
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Same here, I struggle too. Its highly suggested to maybe take a break from the site just to calm down.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and ones like yuou
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so leave me alone and stop sending me pms
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    you started
    Im pretty certain most people here, Leo, don't believe much of what you say about your situations, if anything at all.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    you sent me pm and brought me up here
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    stupid motherfucker
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yea...you don't want to hear the truth
    Yeah. After you litter the forum with your sob stories. Im calling you out.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    then mind your own business
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    knock it off now
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    otherwise fuck off
    Show us some proof. Lets see police reports, court documents, video and/or audio recordings, etc. etc.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I already did show part of it, you ridiculed me instead
    Like I said, people with criminal records tend to play the victim an awful lot. Thats all the more im going to say
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    in the wanted list thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    because you are an awful liar and narcissistic hypocrite
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    LEOtek? who's he? never 'erd of the las. :)
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I only show the mirror to people and you all can't stand what you're seeing
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: I only show the mirror to people and you all can't stand what you're seeing