Hacking Official Xbox One Retroarch Thread

Rafciu

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Dominater01 You said that devs abandoned retroarch.What's about official release It's terrible info... so there is no chance to see more working cores in near future? I think it's right time to do some bounty for not working cores. I will throw my money for somone who can fix cores issue.

moviecut

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey there,

i am new to retroarch for xbox one. Got my dev mode working some weeks ago on my one s, as it was available for free and a read about retroarch coming to the xbox one
Now i see this build 14, that has just been posted (thanks!). Is it the best way to start with? Or should i use an older build for the beginning? Do I need any additions (bios files etc) or are all the working cores in that package?

Thank you so much for making all this possible even if there are some cores not working. For the start I whould be happy with amiga, snes and pc engine running at full speed, which i hope is possible ;)

dominater01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there,

i am new to retroarch for xbox one. Got my dev mode working some weeks ago on my one s, as it was available for free and a read about retroarch coming to the xbox one
Now i see this build 14, that has just been posted (thanks!). Is it the best way to start with? Or should i use an older build for the beginning? Do I need any additions (bios files etc) or are all the working cores in that package?

Thank you so much for making all this possible even if there are some cores not working. For the start I whould be happy with amiga, snes and pc engine running at full speed, which i hope is possible ;)
well its up to you but build 14 should be a good place to start but if you have problems with it maybe try other builds

these builds include all the working cores already

i warn you tho atm retroarch is slow and buggy since its unofficial but it does work

Reactions: moviecut

SickPuP

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This may sound like a stupid question but I have search everywhere and not found any good answers..."How do you load a rom?" I tried using the LocalState\download folder but it did not recognize that directory in RetroArch. I also tried a USB stick. The USB stick showed the correct directory but the scan found no files. I tried scanning an individual file (it saw all the roms) but none showed on the main menu after scanning. There does not appear to be a way to access the DeveloperFiles folder. I am at a loss for the simplest task.

dominater01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This may sound like a stupid question but I have search everywhere and not found any good answers..."How do you load a rom?" I tried using the LocalState\download folder but it did not recognize that directory in RetroArch. I also tried a USB stick. The USB stick showed the correct directory but the scan found no files. I tried scanning an individual file (it saw all the roms) but none showed on the main menu after scanning. There does not appear to be a way to access the DeveloperFiles folder. I am at a loss for the simplest task.
do you have the latest version? do you have a 3.0 usb hdd? you cant scan for roms to have to just load them up

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yay this ones been a long time coming!! Update guys this one bring the best of both worlds, Speed + USB support!!

Oh and OP updated!

Last edited by ploggy,

Joel Schmidt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not seeing any kind of speed increase when attempting to access my external USB drive.
I also can not scan files/folders to make a playlist anymore.

This is using a clean install of Retroarch. I had actually stopped using it months ago and did a full factory reset on the system, going back to just using retail mode.

Also, very strange thing: the Xbox Device Portal file explorer shows an additional entry now present under LocalAppData - Unregistered Content (Microsoft.Title.StubApp_1.0.0.0_neutral__8wekyb3d8bbwe). I have never seen this occur before.

Last edited by Joel Schmidt,

dominater01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not seeing any kind of speed increase when attempting to access my external USB drive.
I also can not scan files/folders to make a playlist anymore.

This is using a clean install of Retroarch. I had actually stopped using it months ago and did a full factory reset on the system, going back to just using retail mode.

Also, very strange thing: the Xbox Device Portal file explorer shows an additional entry now present under LocalAppData - Unregistered Content (Microsoft.Title.StubApp_1.0.0.0_neutral__8wekyb3d8bbwe). I have never seen this occur before.
when i said it had fast usb support i meant its alot faster and it boots everytime and it has usb support

yea i noticed this build wont let you make playlists idk whats up with that

i did mine on my pc, and they turned out great

Rafciu

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
PPSSPP core seem's not working for me. Did i must do some additional settings to make this happen ?

EDIT:
OK i know i need to put ppsspp folder from Dominater under the retroarch system folder... But i see only "systemAppdata" it's the right folder? Second thing is that i can't transfer whole folders via file explorer...

Last edited by Rafciu,

dominater01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PPSSPP core seem's not working for me. Did i must do some additional settings to make this happen ?

EDIT:
OK i know i need to put ppsspp folder from Dominater under the retroarch system folder... But i see only "systemAppdata" it's the right folder? Second thing is that i can't transfer whole folders via file explorer...
are you using file explorer app made by T3? if so at the top of the screen you can go back to packages then look for 1e4 etc then local appdata? i forgot what its called but you will see the system directory in there so goto where the bios are located press start goto copy then press b until your back to the system folder then at the bottom goto paste and it should be ready

Reactions: Rafciu

Joel Schmidt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when i said it had fast usb support i meant its alot faster and it boots everytime and it has usb support

yea i noticed this build wont let you make playlists idk whats up with that

i did mine on my pc, and they turned out great

I'm not seeing any kind of speed increase anywhere, except for making playlists. It turns out that it does work on the xBox, just takes forever to get started. I thought it was hanging on "preparing for content scan".

Still can't change directories to locations external drives when using RetroArch as an APP. File picker throws the usual error about location "" not being found or something like that.

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
much better build. could i put thumbnails on usb and have retroarch read them from there? it doesnt seem to want to extract them all if i download through content download. and can ps1 games work from usb now as well?

Last edited by jammybudga777,

Rafciu

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
are you using file explorer app made by T3? if so at the top of the screen you can go back to packages then look for 1e4 etc then local appdata? i forgot what its called but you will see the system directory in there so goto where the bios are located press start goto copy then press b until your back to the system folder then at the bottom goto paste and it should be ready

No im using Xbox device portal, never heard about app for file explorer.. Could You please send me a link ?

Now im facing another issue. I tried to play some ps1 games but i have problems with saving data. When i wan't to save it says memory card is not there i think it's because i need ps1 bios. I putted bios into retroarch but i still receive massage "bios not found". Then i tried to use save state. State was seved but when i load retroarch freezes and gets me back to developer mode menu.

dominater01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not seeing any kind of speed increase anywhere, except for making playlists. It turns out that it does work on the xBox, just takes forever to get started. I thought it was hanging on "preparing for content scan".

Still can't change directories to locations external drives when using RetroArch as an APP. File picker throws the usual error about location "" not being found or something like that.
are you sure you updated? the new build broke making playlists

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I thought they always could work from usb. I know that's where mine have been at since usb support first appeared.
they always worked from usb, i made video on it

No im using Xbox device portal, never heard about app for file explorer.. Could You please send me a link ?

Now im facing another issue. I tried to play some ps1 games but i have problems with saving data. When i wan't to save it says memory card is not there i think it's because i need ps1 bios. I putted bios into retroarch but i still receive massage "bios not found". Then i tried to use save state. State was seved but when i load retroarch freezes and gets me back to developer mode menu.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ttitvjxcltg1tdz/file_explorer_1.0.5.0_x86_x64_arm.appxbundle/file

psx savestates have always froze when loading them

bios arnt loading which is a problem that has always existed

pointing anything to the usb hdd will not save on retroarch you have to edit the retroarch.cfg file since thats the only way

Reactions: Rafciu

Rafciu

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
are you sure you updated? the new build broke making playlists

they always worked from usb, i made video on it

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ttitvjxcltg1tdz/file_explorer_1.0.5.0_x86_x64_arm.appxbundle/file

psx savestates have always froze when loading them

bios arnt loading which is a problem that has always existed

pointing anything to the usb hdd will not save on retroarch you have to edit the retroarch.cfg file since thats the only way

Thank You i will try this when i got home from work. Im also having issues playing ps1 games from usb. After the first installation it works fine but in time i've got an error "location of the file cannot be found" something like that. I will try reinstall retroarch and i use another usb stick maybe thats the reason...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Andy didn't get any catholic toys because they wouldn't go limp when they saw him