Hacking Official Xbox One Retroarch Thread

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
Has any changes or progress been made on the xbox version? Dunno if it's just me but seems nobody has been developing for it for a while now?

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

havent been able to get ahold of him even when he is online on discord

whatever he does i hope he comes back we need his help still
I get he/she is probable busy with real life exc. But would be nice to have some sort of answer from him/her if they are continuing with it or planning too.But personally I get the feeling we will be waiting for someone else to make this happen unfortunately :(

izenn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I prefer using beetle psx since it doesn't need to copy anything over to the internal drive first. But I did find that both PCSX Reloaded and mGBA would not see the bios files on my various external drives (Samsung 256GB flash drive or WD 4TB external USB drive). I eventually gave up and just put them on the main drive.

where on the internal drive did you put them -- i see in the config file it is looking for ~/system but i can't seem to find that directory

[edit]
nevermind -- i found it:
User Folders \ LocalAppData \ 1e4cf179-f3c2-404f-b9f3-cb2070a5aad8_1.0.8.0_x64__t9k5fqjen2nz4 \ LocalState \ system \

Last edited by izenn,

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey chaps hows things :) bit of an update...
N64 is now a thing!!
but before you all get too excited know it runs really poorly (unplayable) but shows that N64 on Xbox IS possible ;) this isn't a tailored core specific to the Xbox one port and probably the only reason it works now is a by-product of the work currently going on with mupen64 plus next core.. which is handy for us :D
I don't know if this is as fast as the core is going to get for us or if the speed will increase as development continues.. I guess we'll see :P

No doubt this will be added to @dominater01's next Retroarch build :)
But if you can't wait you can grab the core file dll here:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...4685294688075776/mupen64plus_next_libretro.7z
Place this Core dll with the rest.

dominater01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey chaps hows things :) bit of an update...
N64 is now a thing!!
but before you all get too excited know it runs really poorly (unplayable) but shows that N64 on Xbox IS possible ;) this isn't a tailored core specific to the Xbox one port and probably the only reason it works now is a by-product of the work currently going on with mupen64 plus next core.. which is handy for us :D
I don't know if this is as fast as the core is going to get for us or if the speed will increase as development continues.. I guess we'll see :P

No doubt this will be added to @dominater01's next Retroarch build :)
But if you can't wait you can grab the core file dll here:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...4685294688075776/mupen64plus_next_libretro.7z
Place this Core dll with the rest.
hells yeah i'll check this out

beanman25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for tremendous support on this. Troubleshooting question though. I'm using an original Xbox one, and after launching it initially, any following boot it says it's taking too long and then doesn't load. Only way I can get it to boot again is by deleting the cfg file. IS this a thing that is normal, or could i have possibly messed up along the line?

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Musk sues Hyundai in 3... 2... 1...