1. Joel Schmidt

Joel Schmidt GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Where is the location of the bios files? On an external drive? I never thought to check if it actually sees them on an external drive, but I do know that PCSX will only use the bios files if they are on the internal drive and of course the right versions and correctly named.

Last edited by Joel Schmidt, Feb 28, 2019
  2. Cannon007

Cannon007 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Yes I figured that out after messing with it that they had to be moved to the Xbox hardrive. The odd thing is I could have sworn I got it working with an external the one day prior to downloading the newer build.

3. dominater01

dominater01 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    i have all my bios on usb and its working fine so idk why you have to put them on the internal

4. Cannon007

Newcomer

United States
    No idea all the other system bios work on external except pcsx. Shows it’s there when set to the usb file but gives the no bios found error all the time anymore. I even tried to go back to an older build that I had thought everything was working smooth under and still the same error.

5. dominater01

United States
    did you manually edit the cfg file on your pc and then reupload it?

6. Cannon007

Newcomer

United States
    I downloaded the cfg opened it up varified it had the correct path listed deleted it off the Xbox in file explorer and reuploaded the cfg from my computer and still shows as no bios.

7. dominater01

United States
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

8. Joel Schmidt

United States
    I prefer using beetle psx since it doesn't need to copy anything over to the internal drive first. But I did find that both PCSX Reloaded and mGBA would not see the bios files on my various external drives (Samsung 256GB flash drive or WD 4TB external USB drive). I eventually gave up and just put them on the main drive.

9. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

Why Dolphin, Mupen & Reicast does not work? it is becaiuse of Vulkan instead DX? I am not a programmer but I think do a wrapper will be difficult.

Wish XB1 run DC soon (:

10. slimbo

slimbo Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I recently installed RetroArch on my Xbox One S and it does very well running the mame2003 roms that I wanted it for; I'll try daphne as well although I haven't yet gotten that far. However, I have an issue with drives. I'd like to be able to read a 32GB USB 3.0 stick (formatted FAT32) for content rather than uploading all roms to the Xbox itself. I plug in the thumbdrive and the Xbox recognizes it, however I don't know how to get RetroArch to look at the thumbdrive for roms. It seems that for locating roms I'm stuck to the U drive which is the internal hard drive. I've done a little scavenging looking for a solution but haven't found it. Any advice on how I do this through RetroArch directly or through the Device Portal?

Thanks

Last edited by slimbo, Mar 2, 2019
  11. dominater01

United States
    they only support open gl to my knowledge (except dolphin) and xbox only supports d3d 11 or 12

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

have you tried

also it would show up as drive E

12. slimbo

slimbo Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I should have written a little more in my initial post. In the first part of your video, you select "Open ... open another directory using the system file picker" and another window appears. When I make that same selection, RetroArch just stops. In other words, I don't get the system file picker that showed in your video. I wait for a few minutes, then back out and quit from RetroArch (through the Xbox window, not the RetroArch window, because RetroArch appears to be suspended).

So I guess we found my actual problem. The "system file picker" doesn't show up. Any thoughts on the cause of that issue?

Thanks

13. Joel Schmidt

United States
    Update your xBox One S to the newest build. That solved the system file picker problem for me. Or from the developer menu select RetroArch, press select , go to the last option in the submenu and change your type from App to Game.

I think it is select but I'm not 100% certain. Currently at work and can't check.

slimbo likes this.
  14. slimbo

slimbo Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Thank you. I was already running the OS latest build, however changing RetroArch from App to Game did the trick. I can now focus on getting other games going and the controller to function in a manner that I'd like. From the core list at the start of this thread it looks like Daphne isn't quite yet functional which is too bad. Those of us that came of age playing games in the early 1980s remember the laser disc games fondly.

Thanks for the help.

15. Joel Schmidt

United States
    No Problem.

Last edited by Joel Schmidt, Mar 3, 2019
  16. NutymcNuty

NutymcNuty Don't drink too much!

Canada
    Hey if this works on xbox one would this work on a win 10 pc? curious.

17. Joel Schmidt

United States
    Retroarch has always worked on Windows PCs

18. dominater01

United States
    i think he means uwp windows 10 and yes it does

NutymcNuty likes this.
  19. NutymcNuty

NutymcNuty Don't drink too much!

Canada
    so i would just install it and call it a day?

20. dominater01

United States
    is there any specific reason to use the uwp version over the og retroarch for windows 10?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Retroarch, Official, Thread