Hacking Official Xbox One Retroarch Thread

JeffilesBR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thought the cores had to be compiled with the build?
It doesn't, if we had a shared folder with working cores no one would need to reinstall the same version of RetroArch just to get the cores. The file size is getting bigger and bigger and people won't use most of these cores.

Bartender64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Has anybody tried loading d3d12 video driver?

Yes, don't turn it on. It messes up the UI preety badly and some cores either stops working or just messes up the rendering of the games. That feature needs to be worked on.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

When I try to give full access to the selected user, it says that i dont have the permision, and Im logged in my PC with a administrator account. I dont know what to do :(

I had the same issue. What I did was, deleted the app from the xbox, reinstall it, and just to make sure that it would work, before opening the app again, I changed the permission of the folders, uploaded the roms, and the finally run the app.

Last edited by Bartender64,

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, don't turn it on. It messes up the UI preety badly and some cores eiter stops working or just messes up the rendering of the games. That feature needs to be worked on
i found that if you enable d3d12 retroarch menu flickers so badly and may kick you back to home menu. but if you load retroarch as a game (not an app) then d3d12 works perfectly with emulators and im not sure but ps1 looks that little bit more smooth

Reactions: Bartender64
D

Deleted User

i found that if you enable d3d12 retroarch menu flickers so badly and may kick you back to home menu. but if you load retroarch as a game (not an app) then d3d12 works perfectly with emulators and im not sure but ps1 looks that little bit more smooth
How do I load it as a game?

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
How do I load it as a game?
at the dev home menu (not retail) go down to games and apps and press the select button. it says properties and then a tab to select if retroarch is a game or app

When I try to give full access to the selected user, it says that i dont have the permision, and Im logged in my PC with a administrator account. I dont know what to do :(
mine does the same. just refuses to change it.

Reactions: Deleted User

Bartender64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
at the dev home menu (not retail) go down to games and apps and press the select button. it says properties and then a tab to select if retroarch is a game or app

Check my work around, it worked for me to set up the permissions of the folder.

BTW, I can confirm tha citra core doesn't work. I looked hard for a unencrypted 3ds rom, picked up monster hunter, boots up on my SP4, albeit really slow and unplayable, without the need to set up bios or anything. However, on the xbox one, the same rom doesn't load at all, not with citra o citra canary.

Reactions: jammybudga777
D

Deleted User

Retroarch wont load when switched to game it errors out

MusicTime

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
new build plus no cores

Nice man, thanks. I've actually been trying to get a recently compiled build since the previous ones were giving me controller issues in MAME, but I saw that a controller fix was recently merged. I deployed to my Xbone from VS2017 last night, and my controller worked properly, but alas, PCSX Rearmed wouldn't load.

Wasn't tekken tag only ps2?

The arcade version uses the Tekken 3 engine.

It is a shame that Tekken Tag doesn't run well in the MAME core - but I can live with that. I'm a little better at Third Strike anyway. ;)

Last edited by MusicTime,
Reactions: jammybudga777

dominater01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice man, thanks. I've actually been trying to get a recently compiled build since the previous ones were giving me controller issues in MAME, but I saw that a controller fix was recently merged. I deployed to my Xbone from VS2017 last night, and my controller worked properly, but alas, PCSX Rearmed wouldn't load.

The arcade version uses the Tekken 3 engine.
the build was broken yesturday but got fixed today

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1