Hacking "Official" WiiU Loadiine Compatibility list thread

srbeen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So far sounds like progress to me!
Anyone have a precompiled download? I really don't feel like setting up compiling environment at the moment lol.

I do, but I really don't feel like spoon-feeding at the moment and if dimok did it would be in his release tab... The compiling is easy and to be honest I am not going to be able to compile and share at every commit. In fact, most of the community won't be able to. If you want to run the bleeding edge take 10 minutes to set up the environment, else wait for eclipsesin or wj44 to update their servers and use that. I can tell you now floating around the forums waiting for someone to compile and share will take a lot longer than the minute it takes to do it yourself.

I don't know if there is much improved compatibility with the latest commit, Theres clearly progress as things load more files than before, but I never tried wipeout 3 before todays so it could have worked since 5 commits ago.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I haven't tried Barbie, I've got it downloaded but I thought it was on the compatibility list

No, I thought I read the last 3 all worked (barbie, Kay, and art) somewhere but I generally think a lot of wrong things.

Onion_Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
I do, but I really don't feel like spoon-feeding at the moment and if dimok did it would be in his release tab... The compiling is easy and to be honest I am not going to be able to compile and share at every commit. In fact, most of the community won't be able to. If you want to run the bleeding edge take 10 minutes to set up the environment, else wait for eclipsesin or wj44 to update their servers and use that. I can tell you now floating around the forums waiting for someone to compile and share will take a lot longer than the minute it takes to do it yourself.

I don't know if there is much improved compatibility with the latest commit, Theres clearly progress as things load more files than before, but I never tried wipeout 3 before todays so it could have worked since 5 commits ago.

No, I thought I read the last 3 all worked (barbie, Kay, and art) somewhere but I generally think a lot of wrong things.

I will say, there is a large learning curve if you've never compilied anything, used git or don't know how to set your PATH and environment variables. Once its setup, it takes less than 3 minutes to compile and setup the www server.

Reactions: srbeen

srbeen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I will say, there is a large learning curve if you've never compilied anything, used git or don't know how to set your PATH and environment variables. Once its setup, it takes less than 3 minutes to compile and setup the www server.

3 minutes seems long but I use BSD servers which don't complain like windows ones and know my way around CLI and scripting :) Currently I download the zip, extract and run a script, then run another script to SCP it to my server. maybe 1 min before its ready to launch. Changing the links for my new directory compile on the wiiU browser takes me the longest. Out of all the things I tried to compile though, this gave me the least amount of shit to setup.
The guides are pretty stright forward. Setup in ubuntu took me all of 5 minutes, The 2 youtube videos for setting up windows were ~20 min long IIRC. I can setup a whole VM with ubuntu in that time, but again I know my way around this since when CEMU meant something completely different.

Onion_Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
3 minutes seems long but I use BSD servers which don't complain like windows ones and know my way around CLI and scripting :) Currently I download the zip, extract and run a script, then run another script to SCP it to my server. maybe 1 min before its ready to launch. Changing the links for my new directory compile on the wiiU browser takes me the longest. Out of all the things I tried to compile though, this gave me the least amount of shit to setup.
The guides are pretty stright forward. Setup in ubuntu took me all of 5 minutes, The 2 youtube videos for setting up windows were ~20 min long IIRC. I can setup a whole VM with ubuntu in that time, but again I know my way around this since when CEMU meant something completely different.

git clone https://github.com/dimok789/loadiine
cd loadiine/installer
make
cd ../..
python framework/generatehtml loadiine/installer/bin/code532.bin 532 www/loadiine-installer

cd www
python -m SimpleHTTPServer 8080

okay maybe 3 minutes was too slow, but I usually go into the installer and set my ip, since going from 192.168 to a 10.0.0 address is annoying.

srbeen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
git clone https://github.com/dimok789/loadiine
cd loadiine/installer
make
cd ../..
python framework/generatehtml loadiine/installer/bin/code532.bin 532 www/loadiine-installer

cd www
python -m SimpleHTTPServer 8080

okay maybe 3 minutes was too slow, but I usually go into the installer and set my ip, since going from 192.168 to a 10.0.0 address is annoying.

Good idea, you can script that modification too as you're constantly replacing string A with string B :)

Any idea how I can modify launcher.c to 'auto-press A'? I don't need the server all the time and find it slows down loading/crashes when server app isn't running. I thought I was smart and 0'd the menu's while loop but when I tested I must have already had a payload installed because it worked. 2nd attempt it just completely bypassed the menu like I hoped, but didn't hook MiiMaker. Good way to shit bricks.

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@srbeen - Get off your high horse, this is a hacking COMMUNITY, I never said I was UNABLE to setup a compiling environment, I asked if someone who had already done it could share. Ya know, kind of like all the good folks who shared their dumps of all those illegally downloaded games your running right now. You don't have to come at people for no reason, it was a legit question, and nobody asked you directly for anything nor did I ask you to "spoon-feed" every commit as dimok uploads it.

Anyways, @ everyone besides srbeen, if you feel like sharing, please do be so kind. Thank you.

srbeen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@srbeen - Get off your high horse, this is a hacking COMMUNITY, I never said I was UNABLE to setup a compiling environment, I asked if someone who had already done it could share. Ya know, kind of like all the good folks who shared their dumps of all those illegally downloaded games your running right now. You don't have to come at people for no reason, it was a legit question, and nobody asked you directly for anything nor did I ask you to "spoon-feed" every commit as dimok uploads it.

Anyways, @ everyone besides srbeen, if you feel like sharing, please do be so kind. Thank you.

I wasn't trying to be mighty or feel better than you, just advise you of the reality here. I've learned from previous communities where new builds aren't compiled for one reason or another its usually always quicker to feed yourself if and when you can. Compiling this stuff is a 2/10 on a scale of compiling complexity and every OS has working code and detailed guides to do it which only take 30 minutes maybe to go through once.

Generally once you release a build people hound you for the next one just minutes after its posted, regardless if your plan was only to share the here and now one. If anyone else wants to be that person and have 253 messages asking the same thing by all means share the latest compile under your main account.

Onion_Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
Good idea, you can script that modification too as you're constantly replacing string A with string B :)

Any idea how I can modify launcher.c to 'auto-press A'? I don't need the server all the time and find it slows down loading/crashes when server app isn't running. I thought I was smart and 0'd the menu's while loop but when I tested I must have already had a payload installed because it worked. 2nd attempt it just completely bypassed the menu like I hoped, but didn't hook MiiMaker. Good way to shit bricks.

in launcher.c you see this:
line:198+
Code:
  /* while we are downloading let the user select his IP stuff */
  unsigned int ip_address = 0;
  int result = show_ip_selection_screen(coreinit_handle, &ip_address);

The A press is done here
Line:345+
Code:
  // A Button
  if (vpad_data.btn_trigger & BUTTON_A) {
  *ip_address = 0;
  result = 1;
  break;
  }

just modify it to this:
line: 198+
Code:
  /* while we are downloading let the user select his IP stuff */
  unsigned int ip_address = 0;
  int result = 1;  // This is the result of A press

and it won't even check for this and just move on as if the a was pressed since the result is the same and its needed to install the the menu loader and fs.

Last edited by Onion_Knight,

Ropy's

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Source ???
I tried it with difference settings and didn't work.

The source is a player on a french forum "WiiU info" (by attila, the person who make "Pimp my wii"). The player explain that the compatibility list with art academy is smaller than Smash bros's compatibility list.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I added compile instruction for windows on Loadiine first post. it's only 2 install (devkitpro and python) and 2 copy (libwiiu and loadiine), then launch a .bat which take care of the PATH, compile and copy everything in the server.

You don't need cygwin to compile on windows. I never installed it and always could compile with just devkitpro and a MSDos command line.

Reactions: Maximilious

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Did you extract it straight from the EUR version WUD? If so... odd.
TheWonderful101 EU Abstract.

Sorry didn't have a notice message come up or I missed this somehow. Yeah I extracted it straight from the eur version by abstract, no difference though, its the same as the usa version just has a debug folder in it! The language folders are the same, jap & us and also still takes about 15mins to load off the ssb screen game runs flawless after that bit used it for a while last night till early hours, good fun!.

Edit: I didn't grab the abstract version from where you may think, it was from another site, can't stand those multi-link uploads, urghh!!! :)

I'm testing Devils Third out I shall let everyone know but I don't hold much hope i can see the rpx file will be too big but I'm going to test it to see anyway I would love it too work out!!! :)

Last edited by Reecey,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJewzRHdH8c