Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady_Souvereign

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey Mervyn,

Shiren is so much fun and Shiren 2 is supposed to be way more accessible than Shiren the wanderer. I note that you were involved in the translation of the latest PMD - perhaps you could persuade the rest of your team to translate this one next, given that it was developed by the same team at Chunsoft?

FlashX007

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hi um this game is awesome but no patch so could some1 please work on a translation for it
Kaite Shabette Hajimeyou! Monster Farm DS

sorry for being a nub and not using a template but i cant do tht and i wanted to make a sav for this so nvm it was requested already anyway

Gullwing

homo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game name
Made In Ore

Release date

Game info
WarioWare: Myself!, known as Made in Ore (??? ?? ? ,Meido in Ore?) in Japan, is a mini-game compilation video game released for the Nintendo DS in 2009.Players can design their own microgames, creating their own graphics, music and designing a 'cassette' for them. The game features three sections in its main menu: My House, where the player designs microgames, WarioWare, the tutorial, and My Shop, where the player makes microgame cassettes.

Screenshots

me-ware-20090415084447261_640w.jpg
me-ware-20090415084451214_640w.jpg
me-ware-20090415084452573_640w.jpg

Video

Official Site

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ds/uorj/index.html

DarthNemesis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gullwing said:
really??? I searched google but nothing... when is it suppossed to come out?
The release date hasn't been announced yet, but it's WarioWare Myself. Regardless, it's kind of ridiculous for you to assume it won't be released just because there hasn't been an announcement yet, considering that every single other WarioWare game has made it over.

Gullwing

homo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering that there are some great games from Nintendo (and wii channels too such as the new Wii-No Ma channel) that didn't make it overseas... I thought that this one wouldn't neither.

sdragon21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm requesting 2 games:

Super Robot Taisen W
Released March 1st,2007

And

Super Robot Taisen K
Released March 20th,2009

I would be willing to edit all the text in both games (That includes story, abilities, etc,etc.) I'm just looking for anyone who would be willing to do the translating and romhacking. If you're intrested, PM me, and we'll talk.

Thanks for your time

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sdragon21 said:
I would be willing to edit all the text in both games (That includes story, abilities, etc,etc.) I'm just looking for anyone who would be willing to do the translating and romhacking. If you're intrested, PM me, and we'll talk.

Lol translating and inserting it into the rom is basically all the editing that is required.

Karry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
About SRW games, like i said earlier somewhere else, the only real thing needed to make them playable is to translate seishin names. Not their descriptions, like Noitora did, that doesnt really make much sense, just the names. Everyone who ever played any SRW already knows what Focus or Accelerate does, the problem is recognizing them out of huge lists.

And the unit names/status screens/objectives/menus might be nice as well, but not really vital.

Offtop : that reminds me of many, many completely useless SRW FAQs laying around on gamefaqs. 90% of them say things like : "Nekketsu" gives you double damage. Gee, thats real "helpful", if i knew japanese maybe i could use that information...oh wait, if i knew how to read japanese i wouldnt need this FAQ, would i.

Noitora

::
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
Karry said:
About SRW games, like i said earlier somewhere else, the only real thing needed to make them playable is to translate seishin names. Not their descriptions, like Noitora did, that doesnt really make much sense, just the names. Everyone who ever played any SRW already knows what Focus or Accelerate does, the problem is recognizing them out of huge lists.
The IQ of people around here must be lower than 30. Can't you just read the description then? It describes what every seishin does? If you have a problem with that just grab a hex editor and do whatever you want.

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Karry said:

And the unit names/status screens/objectives/menus might be nice as well, but not really vital.

Offtop : that reminds me of many, many completely useless SRW FAQs laying around on gamefaqs. 90% of them say things like : "Nekketsu" gives you double damage. Gee, thats real "helpful", if i knew japanese maybe i could use that information...oh wait, if i knew how to read japanese i wouldnt need this FAQ, would i.
let's not criticize others for what they did to help out.
If you don't like it, then why bother reading them anyways if you can figure out what everything does just by looking at the name?

Gagarin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I wish somebody would translate Rittai Picross for me.
It's not a RPG and there is not much text in it.
Or maybe N will release US or EUR version next year.

Karry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
QUOTE said:
Can't you just read the description then? It describes what every seishin does?
Cant do that, because :
a) Its slower, and
b) you translated like 4-5 out of 40 seishins descriptions, so its pointless anyway.

QUOTEwhy bother reading them anyways if you can figure out what everything does just by looking at the name?
Uh...what ? What name ? THe untranslated kanji name ? No, i dont think many people can do that. You dont make much sense in this sentence.

Noitora

::
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
Karry said:
QUOTE said:
Cant do that, because :
a) Its slower, and
b) you translated like 4-5 out of 40 seishins descriptions, so its pointless anyway.
As I said, go grab yourself a hex editor. There really is nobody here who reads the translation requests and makes translations, you're just wasting your time.

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Karry said:
QUOTE said:
Cant do that, because :
a) Its slower, and

QUOTE said:
why bother reading them anyways if you can figure out what everything does just by looking at the name?
Uh...what ? What name ? THe untranslated kanji name ? No, i dont think many people can do that. You dont make much sense in this sentence.
If you want something done in your way, then do it yourself.
Nobody will make something exactly how you want it done.

Why bother applying the patch if you find it that useless for you?
Some people appreciated it. If you don't like it, suck it up and live with it. It's not going to be re-done or changed just because you didn't like how it was done.

You are one of the many people who discourage translation projects, and causes many romhackers to quit as they are receiving more criticism than encouragements.

Rather than pointing out names and specific projects like this
About SRW games, like i said earlier somewhere else, the only real thing needed to make them playable is to translate seishin names. Not their descriptions, like Noitora did, that doesnt really make much sense, just the names.
you could have told us your general idea of what you hope to see, rather than going like "That project sucks because it wasn't done how I wanted it"
You really don't need to point out everything you dislike about a translation. You can just rather say "I really want to see a patch with only the seishin names translated."

It is similar to the reason why requests never work. The person requesting something expects what they request turn out to be exactly how they want it. If a person chooses to take the request and works on it, the person who have requested may say something like "No, you are doing it wrong. You should do it in this way, as that is how I wanted this to result."

To make it easier to understand, we don't waste hours of our life to do something for someone. We spend our time to work on something we want to.
We just distribute this work because the public may want it.

I started my ASH translation project because I wanted to play the game from beginning to end while I could enjoy everything in a language I could easily understand.
The one main reason why I'm not releasing a patch until it feels "done" is because I don't want to see replies whining about how they don't like how things were done.
I even saw that in the comments of my blog post, who wanted me to use a different font for the graphics.
I'm only doing this because of myself. I'm just releasing a patch to the public just in case people want it too. But I'm not going to do extra work to make sure they like it. I'm just going to stick with what I did for myself, because it was done MY way.

It's quite easy - I wanted it done in my way so I did it myself.

Same for Noitora. He wanted a translation done in his way, so he was the one that did it.

So if you want to whine about how Noitora's translation wasn't done how you wanted it to be, then you should go edit the translations yourself and release that as a patch for whoever wants it.

X

Xenokitten

Game name
Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side (1, 2, and/or plus.) I don't care, I just want these games to be translated. I own them and can't read them but play them all the time. They are my favorite nds games! D:

Release date Uhm the most recent one, plus was released in january 2009 I think. 1 and 2 are both several years old like 3 years or so old now?
(When was this game released. If it's not released yet, stop now!)

Game info
(Tell something about the game. What's it about? What genre? Is it popular in Japan? What makes you so sure this won't come out in the west?)
This game will never come out in the west, konami has said so. End of story. It is a dating sim. In this one you play as a female (which is unique compared to other games in this series or in dating sims in general) who can choose many different guys to date to get different endings. You must keep up your parameters and statistics to get the guy you want. Plus has full voice acting. This game is extremely popular in Japan. It is probably the most popular non hentai game and has been around as a series since the early 90s.

Screenshots
(Place screenshotshere! Additionally, you could add a movie and/or a link for more info) They're around. Just google for them. I'm sure others have heard of this game. But I did not see it in the alphabetical list of requested translations. (which is honestly, surprising)

Your offering
(Do you have something to offer? Think about knowledge of the game, or maybe you know Japanese. Perhaps you even want to donate money?
If you do not have anything to offer, just leave it blank) I'd be happy to help with hacking or dumping the script but I would need to research on it first since I have never attempted to do so. I could not help with translation though as I don't know how to read Japanese ^-^ (obviously or I wouldn't be asking for a translation).

----------------------------

Also:

Game name
Princess Maker 10th Anniversary Edition for NDS.

Release date Uhm Fall 2008 I think

Game info
(Tell something about the game. What's it about? What genre? Is it popular in Japan? What makes you so sure this won't come out in the west?)
This game is what is classified as a "Raiser Sim" This game is NOT a smurf-bear or hentai game, but many americans believe that it is, therefore it's chance for a US release are slim. A long long time ago, there was a windows game called Princess Maker, It was completely translated and ready for US release, but it came under scrutiny and never seen the light of day. It is originally by the masterminds at Gainax (who are most famous for their evangellion anime series). The game starts with you finding a small girl and being charged with taking care of her for the next 12 years. You will watch your child grow and develop both statistically and physically and watch the story unfold in different ways based on what daily chores and activities you assign to the child.

Screenshots
(Place screenshotshere! Additionally, you could add a movie and/or a link for more info) Just google them.

Your offering
(Do you have something to offer? Think about knowledge of the game, or maybe you know Japanese. Perhaps you even want to donate money?
If you do not have anything to offer, just leave it blank) Once again I would be willing to work on hacking/script dumping but it'd definitely be a learning experience and I'd need a translator still to help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone