OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Greatings!

I am having problems installing on Mac

I ran the brew install libpcap libuv command and everything was correct

In the step of the command sudo ./lan-play-macos and the message "Commando not found" appears.

I search on the google and found this solution:

Sounds like a bad path environmental, try:
export PATH=/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:$PATH

I've done this step and still can't make Lan-play work. Still showing Command not found

ps. I am running the commands from inside the folder where the file lan-play-macos.dmg is

Thanks for the help!

You need to change permission of ./lan-play-macos to 755 (chmod 755 lan-play-macos)

Reactions: MobiusRJ

MobiusRJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You need to change permission of ./lan-play-macos to 755 (chmod 755 lan-play-macos)

unfortunately it did not work.

My folder was already allowed for reading and writing, as shown below:
53f90fd5-5b9a-43e0-9a76-fa3ddf301e5c.jpg

Translations
Você pode ler e gravar = You can read and write in english

"Leitura e Gravaç..." (portuguese) = Read and Write in english

I inserted the / bin / echo $ PATH command and it appeared:
529e9b2b-279c-443f-8103-c7c78bb6c394.jpg

I tried the sudo command again, but without success
9936535e-1101-4869-a230-7a9ae807c14b.jpg

:wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

Dammit! Nothing it working with me!

Last edited by MobiusRJ,

lil-devil

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Greatings!

I am having problems installing on Mac

I ran the brew install libpcap libuv command and everything was correct

In the step of the command sudo ./lan-play-macos and the message "Commando not found" appears.

I search on the google and found this solution:

Sounds like a bad path environmental, try:
export PATH=/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:$PATH

I've done this step and still can't make Lan-play work. Still showing Command not found

ps. I am running the commands from inside the folder where the file lan-play-macos.dmg is

Thanks for the help!
run
Code:
sudo lan-play
instead of
Code:
sudo ./lan-play-macos
is for when you download the binary.

Reactions: MobiusRJ and Cubuss

sergux

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
yesterday I was like two hours helping a colleague to use lan play. We tried the npcap/winpcap, but in the switch it does not give internet access the wifi icon comes out in gray and gives DNS error we also verify that it does not it has cgnat (a relief at least) and we also check several times that it has the network data well configured on the switch. It has windows 10 64bits (his pc is connected with cable to internet that I know that wifi can cause problems) and the firmware switch 7.0 with emunand sx os 2.6. What could be happening? Is it windows or can it be your router? Could it be the switch problem? His switch in the original firmware connected him to the internet perfectly. I appreciate any intention of cooperation.

Cubuss

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
yesterday I was like two hours helping a colleague to use lan play. We tried the npcap/winpcap, but in the switch it does not give internet access the wifi icon comes out in gray and gives DNS error we also verify that it does not it has cgnat (a relief at least) and we also check several times that it has the network data well configured on the switch. It has windows 10 64bits (his pc is connected with cable to internet that I know that wifi can cause problems) and the firmware switch 7.0 with emunand sx os 2.6. What could be happening? Is it windows or can it be your router? Could it be the switch problem? His switch in the original firmware connected him to the internet perfectly. I appreciate any intention of cooperation.

Make sure you select the correct interface in switch-lan-play.exe

Reactions: sergux and S3phi40T

der:Tom

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
If anyone is interested i managed to set up a private lan-play server on a raspberry pi to play with my friends, it´s simple once you know what to do and it works pretty well also with local-wireless titles. We tested Worms, PyuoPyuo Tetris, Sonic Racing and Mario Party, though we didn´t manage to start a game in smash bros (we found each other lobby but couldn´t join).

Cubuss

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If anyone is interested i managed to set up a private lan-play server on a raspberry pi to play with my friends, it´s simple once you know what to do and it works pretty well also with local-wireless titles. We tested Worms, PyuoPyuo Tetris, Sonic Racing and Mario Party, though we didn´t manage to start a game in smash bros (we found each other lobby but couldn´t join).

Make sure the game update are the same version of you and your friends

KneeDoctor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will this also work for smash ultimate?
And hopefully, in the near future, will it work with Mario maker 2 and pokemon sword/sheild?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will this also work for smash ultimate?
And hopefully, in the near future, will it work with Mario maker 2 and pokemon sword/sheild?
You need idn_mitm.kip for this to work with Smash since it does not support LAN play, only local wireless. And it depends if Super Mario Maker 2 and Pokemon support LAN, local wireless, or neither.

DavyDevos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
When something is out to bypass banned on console and am able to play mario maker 2 online without seeing am restricted thn am gonna be hype haha but this is something big already :)

SamehElsakka

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Dear all, I am little noob here ,from what I understand if I used one of the available servers I will be able to play online with lan play ,but when I connect my switch to pc and internet works ,I try to enter a game like Splatoon 2 and try to find a lan game but I cant find any room.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E