RELEASE [Official] ReiNX thread

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Reisyukaku, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Chocola

Chocola GBAtemp Regular

Sep 18, 2018
    Spain
    If you don't like to wait to have enough battery to run into the OS, you can try to run a small payload (like hekate for example), then disable the autoRCM and select the power off option.

Then plug the charger, with the BOOT0 without corruption (no autoRCM mode enabled), just take like 5 mins to reach the OS on fully discharged battery.

Another way (that I can't check if works at this time, but some people said to me) it's plug the charger into console and press the power button during 12 seconds.

Last edited by Chocola, Oct 5, 2018
  2. totti

totti Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 20, 2018
    Germany
    The problem is still there. I can not put the switch into sleep mode. Neither with hekate 4.2, nor with ReiNX 1.7...

3. Dave_Chad

Dave_Chad GBAtemp Fan

Jun 29, 2016
    Just an update both of my "issues" I've figured out.

Sleep mode problems... I deleted almost everything off my sdcard (not game files though) and recopied the ReiNX files over. No more sleep issues.

Switch "stuck in AUTOrcm" I'm pretty sure is something to do with updating to 6.0 with ChoiDujour. Something fuse related from what I gather.

Everything is simple and works perfect with this. Other things we mess with seem to be what cause issues.

Sent from my COR-L29 using Tapatalk

4. Naguz

Naguz Member

Newcomer
    May 9, 2008
    Norway
    Since uodating to 1.7, homebrew is no longer able to get a network connection. Both ftpd and homebrew browser is unable to get an internet connection. Homebrew browser just sits at 0% forever, and ftpd is not connectable, even though it does correctly show the switch IP adress. Does anyone else have this problem?

edit: Except for HB Browser this sorted itself out,

Last edited by Naguz, Oct 10, 2018
  5. Greggen

Greggen Member

Newcomer
    Sep 7, 2010
    United States
    Decided to try and mod my Switch this weekend. Went with ReiNX and everything seems fine. Got a few questions though.

It's a bit hard to find info about all the sysmodules. I like to know what I'm doing and what my options are. So here are a most common ones:

loader.kip, does the work when loading nro-files from hbmenu(?)
    sm.kip, ?
    pm.kip, ?
    fs_mitm.kip, used in combination with layeredfs (any other use for this?)

Also, I had to use the "010000000000100D" title from SDFiles to get hbmenu starting. The other folder (0100000000000036) seems to be something with creport? Is this needed for blocking telemetry or is ReiNX dealing with this in some other way? I have wifi disabled for now but would love to be able to use Appstore and such.

6. ShadoweD

ShadoweD Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 10, 2018
    Brazil
    is there any other place where I can find the 100D title? Reinx guide link isnt working for me anymore ;/
    just got a corrupted sd error and this is the only thing missing for me

7. Naguz

Naguz Member

Newcomer
    May 9, 2008
    Norway
    You should never ever again go online with your switch without first restoring a virgin NAND dump from before you booted any hack/SFW/homebrew/mod. There will be a trace, and they most likely will ban you sooer or later. For now, a modded switch should remain offline until Nintendos Big Brothering is better understood and circumvented.

8. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    I just checked and the site is back up again. Go ahead and try downloading it from the guide.

ShadoweD likes this.
  9. ShadoweD

ShadoweD Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 10, 2018
    Brazil
    thanks drax! It really did come back just now lol
    Gonna make a backup of everything this time x.x

Draxzelex likes this.
  10. Greggen

Greggen Member

Newcomer
    Sep 7, 2010
    United States
    Of course I'm aware of the ban-risk. I have 2 switches and it wouldn't be the end of the world for me. I just want to know what all the stuff does and what my options are. Then I can take my own chances based on that.

11. Xandrid

Xandrid GBAtemp Advanced Fan

GBAtemp Patron
    Xandrid is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 27, 2016
    Nigeria
    Hey, I'm having trouble booting up Reinx for some reason, not sure if it's an Fat32 or exfat problem now that I think of it. But whenever I try to boot using hekate 4.2, the screen lights up for a second then goes dark and stays like that

Edit: Nvm I got it to work by replacing the reinx.bin file with an old one, and updating it using the toolkit

Last edited by Xandrid, Oct 11, 2018 at 3:10 AM
  12. Dothackjhe

Dothackjhe GBAtemp Fan

Dec 29, 2013
    Philippines
    Philippines
    Anyone knows what is the fix when, after updating to firmware 6.0.1 via ChoiDujourNX, ReiNX will not boot and gives this error: "Error: Package2 Magic Invalid!"?

Last edited by Dothackjhe, Oct 12, 2018 at 7:54 AM
  13. WexTiller

WexTiller Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 23, 2018
    Italy
    Hy guys! I've just backuped the console using the Reinx Toolkit. The first 2 backup options ( Backup Cal0 and Backup Boot0\1) took both 0 minutes and 0 seconds. I tried 3 times, still the same result. Once i click one of them, it instantly ends.
    Is that fine or something is going wrong? Isn't it way too fast?
    EDIT: Found something similar on reddit. It's fine. Thanks the same !

Last edited by WexTiller, Oct 12, 2018 at 11:02 AM
  14. ekart

ekart Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 27, 2018
    Brazil
    Hey,

I want to restore my original NAND backup made using the ReiNX toolkit. What's the appropriate method to restore this backup? I tried to use Hekate but I noticed this method uses a different name for the backups, and it didn't work.

15. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Make sure you're using the latest ReiNX both as a payload and on your SD card if you have one there.
    Change the names of the NAND and boot0/boot1 to match what Hekate wants.

16. Dothackjhe

Dothackjhe GBAtemp Fan

Dec 29, 2013
    Philippines
    Philippines
    Thanks. Using the latest compilation of Tumger SDFiles did make it work for me eventually.

Draxzelex likes this.
  17. LadyHaywood

LadyHaywood Member

Newcomer
    Feb 13, 2017
    United States
    I was looking around for this same question but I'm kind of confused about changing the names and what to backup. Following the guide, it says to backup both the boot 0/1 and nand that gives me one folder title dump. In hekata there's 2 options that I don't know the difference from and what to rename the dumb folder to so hekata can read it.

18. KJ1

KJ1 Old Member

GBAtemp Patron
    KJ1 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 2, 2014
    India
    Can someone let me know how to enable nogc? I have made a file named "nogc" with no extension inside /ReiNX folder, but, I am still able to use my Game Card.
    Edit:- I checked ReiNX toolkit and nogc is enabled there too, but, still, it doesn't seem to be working? Do I need to update to >4.0 first to check if nogc is working or not?

Last edited by KJ1, Oct 13, 2018 at 4:34 PM
  19. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Nogc is only active on firmwares of 4.0 and above since that's when the gamecart slot update is applied. Nogc is not designed to work on firmwares of 3.X and under since the gamecart slot has not been updated.

KJ1 likes this.
  20. chicker_acu

chicker_acu Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2009
    hi, is this hack tethered or untethered? i mean n sx you need to reload it everytime the switch goes empty bat or turned off.