Status
Not open for further replies.

zboubinou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Are you sure that you are using this build (payload and SD files)? Can't reproduce that error, I can play nsp, xci and homebrew apps without problems (atleast on fw 5.1.0)
No, i'm using the release (i don't try the nightlies)
Thinking of it, maybe i had the error only with ReiNX 1.7 WITHOUT SD, cause the games are on my NAND. Also, i already had this problem before, it's one of the reasons i did a fresh restart

Crashdummyy

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Are you sure that the game package aren't corrupted?

I get a similar error on ZeroTwoXCI installer and the problem was that I don't have enought space to unpack and decrypt the game, it's possible that can be related too because the ZeroTwoXCI are a mod of tinfoil.

I got it from 3 different sources and there is the same problem every time i try..

Chocola

GBAtemp Meowgular
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
I got it from 3 different sources and there is the same problem every time i try..

Yup, Draxzelex said that it's a 5.x FW required

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Running the latest release 1.7 from github on 2.3.0 directly from RCM gives me a black screen after ReiNX and Nintendo splash. Any ideas?

What kip patches are you runing with the CFW? some patches are incompatible with low versions, Layered FS are one.

manook

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys,
i have some troubles with ReiNX 1.7.
I tried a fresh restart with my sd and ReiNX 1.7 but after i install games on my nand, i can't play them (the software closed cause an error occured message).
I tried again with a fresh restart and ReiNX 1.6 and it work fine. I even install it with 1.6 and tried to run it with 1.7 but it's not working.
1.6 is good for me, it was for you to know ;)
Hello,
I have the same problem here, everything was working fine in 1.5 reinx with 5.1 but todays i was installing Mparty and I decide to update to 1.7 only replacing the Reinx files (did I do it correctly this way?), I installed Mparty correctly, played fine, but when i tried to load differnet backups I get the same error "CLOSING PROGRAM DUE TO AN ERROR". I restored the files from 1.5 but still the same.
Any ideas? I've read in a reply something about sigpatches failure, what is that and how do I fix them?
Thanks in advance

Chocola

GBAtemp Meowgular
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
No, i'm using the release (i don't try the nightlies)
Thinking of it, maybe i had the error only with ReiNX 1.7 WITHOUT SD, cause the games are on my NAND. Also, i already had this problem before, it's one of the reasons i did a fresh restart

Oh, im using the last nightly with SD card, the relase should work too but I can't trust it, it's possible that there are some diferences with your release build.

EDIT: I test it now, it works like nightly, just need the SD files too, not only the payload.

Last edited by Chocola,
Reactions: zboubinou

teaw

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ops!

Anyways you can restore your 4.0 backup, the unic problem are that you can't run the console without a payload (hekate have a efuses bypass, so you can run the backup to fix your Switch).

When you use the hekate to exec a firmware with more expected efuses you gona have problem with sleep mode, but isn't necessary to fix process, follow this steps:

1. Search the v6.0 update binaries (can't share it here because go against the rules, but there is a hint: xbins)
  2. Download and install chojidourNX on your switch folder of SD
  3. Restore the 4.0 backup with hekate or hacdiskmount
  4. Enter on RCM mode and launch hekate payload, then run ReiNX from hekate
  5. Go to homebrew menu, start chojidourNX, select the v6.0 update and install with it.
With these steps your console should run again without problems (I mean the sleep problem and the required hekate to startup) and you fix the brick, the bad notice it's that you can't have a clean state to go online anymore.

efuses=7// and now I can't boot to home screen.
when Restore the 4.0 backup with hekate.
Boot1/2 =ok. but...Raw GPP =fail That error / size dose not match,

Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• 42701581_10204785786840961_3341298159002320896_n.jpg
    42701581_10204785786840961_3341298159002320896_n.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 218

GardenAll

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You can just update your firmware without burning fuses by using the homebrew app ChoiDujourNX. Fuses prevent downgrading so if you upgrade your firmware without burning them, you maintain a path towards downgrading in the future. Be warned that it will install AutoRCM to prevent you from accidentally burning the fuses via booting up through non-RCM OFW, but AutoRCM is harmless and can be useful in preserving the pins of the Switch.

ReiNX just apply patches on boot, don't make changes to your sysnand and you need send the payload every time that you reboot the console, but the homebrew software can make changes to SYSNAND and store traces of CFW on telemetry logs too, so you should be care making a clean nand backup without modifications first, then disable all network features and finally restore your clean nand backup when you plain come online again.

I can't test it because im on 5.1.0 but ReiNX work fine with 4.0 too I guess.

If you update with ChoiDujourNX and don't startup your console on normal mode (without RCM) you didn't burn fuses, so you can downgrade when you like to 4.0 restoring again your clean nand backup.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You can do a nand backup with hekate on splited mode (create parts of 2GB if your SD don't have 30GB or more), the second option, it's using memloader to allow read nand from PC and do a binary clone of the drive (with Hex Workshop for example)

So, even if I install the ReiNX 1.7 on my current 4.1 firmware, it will just don't give me all the functionalities until I update the "non-fused" firmware 6.0 from ChoiDujourNX?

Or do I need to install an older ReiNX version related to my older firmware?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, even if I install the ReiNX 1.7 on my current 4.1 firmware, it will just don't give me all the functionalities until I update the "non-fused" firmware 6.0 from ChoiDujourNX?

Or do I need to install an older ReiNX version related to my older firmware?
I think you're misunderstanding something here. Updating your firmware has nothing to do with ReiNX. Your restricted by what you can do on CFW because of your firmware, not the CFW itself. ReiNX just patches your current firmware. For example, if a game requires firmware 5.1 but your console is on 4.1, ReiNX cannot magically make it playable unless you update your system firmware because that is a limitation of your firmware and not of the CFW itself.

Reactions: GardenAll

GardenAll

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think you're misunderstanding something here. Updating your firmware has nothing to do with ReiNX. Your restricted by what you can do on CFW because of your firmware, not the CFW itself. ReiNX just patches your current firmware. For example, if a game requires firmware 5.1 but your console is on 4.1, ReiNX cannot magically make it playable unless you update your system firmware because that is a limitation of your firmware and not of the CFW itself.

Oh, I was thinking that the version of ReiNX was directly related to the sysnand firmware, that one SHOULD walk beside another one! (Ex: ReiNX 0.7.2 to work on and only to 5.1 nand firmware)

So I can install the lastest version of ReiNX on my current firmware with no worries as it will "partly" works (limited to my stock firmware), at last and until I update my sysnand firmware OR from ChoiDujourNX to give ReiNX all the lastest version functions?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I was thinking that the version of ReiNX was directly related to the sysnand firmware, that one SHOULD walk beside another one! (Ex: ReiNX 0.7.2 to work on and only to 5.1 nand firmware)

So I can install the lastest version of ReiNX on my current firmware with no worries as it will "partly" works (limited to my stock firmware), at last and until I update my sysnand firmware OR from ChoiDujourNX to give ReiNX all the lastest version functions?
I mean yes, ReiNX has and always will work on all firmwares because the exploit it uses relies on a hardware exploit meaning it cannot be patched via a firmware update. I should also clarify that you do not "install ReiNX" because when the console is turned off, the exploit is lost and the payload must be resent. It would make more sense to say you run/launch ReiNX.

Chocola

GBAtemp Meowgular
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Hello,
I have the same problem here, everything was working fine in 1.5 reinx with 5.1 but todays i was installing Mparty and I decide to update to 1.7 only replacing the Reinx files (did I do it correctly this way?), I installed Mparty correctly, played fine, but when i tried to load differnet backups I get the same error "CLOSING PROGRAM DUE TO AN ERROR". I restored the files from 1.5 but still the same.
Any ideas? I've read in a reply something about sigpatches failure, what is that and how do I fix them?
Thanks in advance

Try the last nightly build with the SD files, the release work too, just need the SD files too not only the payload, I'm using it on fw 5.1.0 and all work as expected.

efuses=7// and now I can't boot to home screen.
when Restore the 4.0 backup with hekate.
Boot1/2 =ok. but...Raw GPP =fail That error / size dose not match,

Thanks for the help.

This is caused because you do a partitial backup (explited on 2GB parts) with Hekate 4.1 or lower (you can check the issues here and here), the backup have more size than expected but still good backup (the exceded size are just zeros), init your switch with memloader to mount your console nand on your PC, open the raw binary nand backup with HacDiskMount and restore partition per partition on your console.

With the 4.0 restored, you should init your console with hekate to bypass the fuse check, then use ReiNX to run ChoiDujourNX and update to v6.0.

At this point your Switch should be able to boot again without hekate and sleep mode issues has been fixed too.

I recomend you make again a full nand backup when you are again on 6.0 and your console work without any issues, use the last hekate (4.2) to make the backup, the problem of exceded size has been solved on this version.

No, ReiNX don't depend of firmware version, you can use the last version of ReiNX on 4.0 or lower if you like, just some things are incompatible like layered fs, just disable this kip patch and all should work fine.

You can update with ChoiDujourNX to 6.0 if you like, if you never start your console without autoRCM or jig (if you don't have autoRCM enabled) your fuses aren't affected and you can back to 4.0 when you like.

I don't recomend go to 6.0, it's better stay on 5.1.0 for a while, and when 6.0 are fully decompiled and all things are ready, you can update again to 6.0 on the same way that before.

Last edited by Chocola,
Reactions: oruku2008

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
Whats going on in here? everything should be as simple as drag and dropping a folder to the SD.. nothing SD wise has really changed .. nothing that requires a fresh install anyways.
We've had people test on various fw versions so i know it works.

Reactions: Chocola

Chocola

GBAtemp Meowgular
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Whats going on in here? everything should be as simple as drag and dropping a folder to the SD.. nothing SD wise has really changed .. nothing that requires a fresh install anyways.
We've had people test on various fw versions so i know it works.

Seems that someone understand that with 1.7 stuff on SD card are don't needed anymore, I check the release on github now and with SD files it's working like nightly.

I get confused too thinking that the release have some error, but no, just need the SD files like always.

Last edited by Chocola,

lettuce

Trophies
XP
Country
So i was messing around with the official release of RetroArch yesterday when i loaded the PSX core and it caused my switch to crash. Upon restarting i get the ReiNX splash screen and then a black screen with the battery low icon in the top left so i thought my battery needs charging and left it as that. I left my switch on charge all day today and im still get the exact same issue my switch battery still seems to be uncharged, im unable to get the switch to start now, any ideas?

Chocola

GBAtemp Meowgular
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
So i was messing around with the official release of RetroArch yesterday when i loaded the PSX core and it caused my switch to crash. Upon restarting i get the ReiNX splash screen and then a black screen with the battery low icon in the top left so i thought my battery needs charging and left it as that. I left my switch on charge all day today and im still get the exact same issue my switch battery still seems to be uncharged, im unable to get the switch to start now, any ideas?

The batery charge on RCM mode are very slow, try to boot into OS, then connect the charger and let the console charging on sleep mode.

You can disable the autoRCM too, this fix the BOOT0 and control the off charge fine without need enter on the OS, but the bad notice it's that you need start the console again with a jig to reenable the autoRCM, never let the console full discharge with autoRCM enabled or you gona go again into this situation.

If you can't power up the console, the unic method are wait with patience to have the enought batery level to power up.

Last edited by Chocola,

lettuce

Trophies
XP
Country
The batery charge on RCM mode are very slow, try to boot into OS, then connect the charger and let the console charging on sleep mode.

You can disable the autoRCM too, this fix the BOOT0 and control the off charge fine without need enter on the OS, but the bad notice it's that you need start the console again with a jig to reenable the autoRCM, never let the console full discharge with autoRCM enabled or you gona go again into this situation.

If you can't power up the console, the unic method are wait with patience to have the enought batery level to power up.

ok thanks

Chocola

GBAtemp Meowgular
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
ok thanks

If you don't like to wait to have enough battery to run into the OS, you can try to run a small payload (like hekate for example), then disable the autoRCM and select the power off option.

Then plug the charger, with the BOOT0 without corruption (no autoRCM mode enabled), just take like 5 mins to reach the OS on fully discharged battery.

Another way (that I can't check if works at this time, but some people said to me) it's plug the charger into console and press the power button during 12 seconds.

Last edited by Chocola,

totti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you use ReiNX.bin to launch the CFW then you aren't using any previous patch or custom bootrom, but if you launch ReiNX from Hekate, it's possible that you have it configured on the config file of bootroom folder.

If you use Hekate, update it to 4.2 too, the problem was solved on last Hekate and ReiNX builds.

The problem is still there. I can not put the switch into sleep mode. Neither with hekate 4.2, nor with ReiNX 1.7...

Dave_Chad

Trophies
XP
Country
Just an update both of my "issues" I've figured out.

Sleep mode problems... I deleted almost everything off my sdcard (not game files though) and recopied the ReiNX files over. No more sleep issues.

Switch "stuck in AUTOrcm" I'm pretty sure is something to do with updating to 6.0 with ChoiDujour. Something fuse related from what I gather.

Everything is simple and works perfect with this. Other things we mess with seem to be what cause issues.

Sent from my COR-L29 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...