ReiNX 2.0 released, adds partial TX services and full 6.2 support

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by RattletraPM, Dec 23, 2018.

Front-page
    VBliYDB.
    A new stable version of @Reisyukaku's Nintendo Switch custom firmware, ReiNX, was released today, bringing it to version 2.0. Various notable features were added, including but not limited to full 6.2.0 support (which was initially featured in a commit made on the 9th of December but was not added to a stable release until now), a recovery chainloader and, most interestingly, a partial implementation of SX OS' services - namely ldr:cht (used for cheats), usbfs (self-explainatory) and tx (general purpose, including licensing and a few rommenu functions). While said services are still in early stages, they can still be considered noteworthy additiom as it's the first time an open source CFW tries to add features only found in TX's offering aside from signature patches.

Thanks to the implementation of these services, it's now possible to boot SX OS' Rommenu and use some, not all its features under ReiNX (source here)

You can find the full changelog below:
    :download: Source: GitHub
    :arrow: Official Thread
    :download: Releases

NoNAND, focusonme, YaYPIXXO and 25 others like this.
    Discussion (95 replies)
  1. xiaNaix

xiaNaix GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 14, 2002
    United States
    OMG it uses "stolen code" from Team Xexuter! :rofl2:

2. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    Azores/Portugal
    Can't wait one day for xci. They told me that they are working on it so no ETA at all. :)

Subtle Demise and iCEQB like this.
  3. RattletraPM
    OP

RattletraPM GBATemp's official 蒸気イーブイ

pip Reporter
    Jan 18, 2017
    Italy
    Shinjuku Station
    Small update: Thanks to this implementation of the services, it's now possible to boot SX OS' Rommenu and use some, not all its features under ReiNX. Source here.

8BitWonder likes this.
  4. Devin

Devin "Local Hardware Wizard"

GBAtemp Patron
    Devin is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Aug 17, 2009
    United States
    The Nexus
    This is definitely going to be interesting. I remember reading the NSP/NRO thread for the SX rom menu and there being talk of it being illegal to share if it enables TX's "premium" features. (Which unless I'm mistaken this build of ReiNX enables some of. I'm curious on GBAtemp's stance on this and if it'll still be fine to link to ReiNX.)

@linuxares Since you posted in the other thread, perhaps you could shine some light on the situation.

(Disclaimer: I'm not for or against whatever decision is chosen, I'm just curious as it sounds like we're getting to the point where some of the SX premium features will be available without an SX OS license.)

5. azoreseuropa

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    Azores/Portugal
    Never mind. Resolved it.

Last edited by azoreseuropa, Dec 24, 2018
  6. RattletraPM
    OP

RattletraPM GBATemp's official 蒸気イーブイ

pip Reporter
    Jan 18, 2017
    Italy
    Shinjuku Station
    You can play around, but most of the system module features are either placeholders or stubs at this point (and no, XCI loading still isn't a thing). So I guess the mods will mostly be okay for the time being.

Devin likes this.
  7. chrisrlink

chrisrlink Intel Pentium III Hamster inside

Aug 27, 2009
    United States
    inside your crappy old PC
    does this mean cheat support yet?....nvm it is once xci loading is a thing sayanora TX

Last edited by chrisrlink, Dec 23, 2018
  8. Essasetic

Essasetic Your local TX Fanboy

Jun 16, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Hope someone can port these over to atmosphere :)

lordelan likes this.
  9. nikeymikey

nikeymikey This is now a Spiderman thread.........

Nov 19, 2008
    Lets see how many stolen code warriors appear shouting their righteousness now the shoe is almost on the other foot...... Personally i dont care as i had the $25 odd that it cost for an SX licence so whatever. :)

Last edited by nikeymikey, Dec 24, 2018
    gizmomelb, Minox and skydancer93 like this.
  10. leon315

leon315 POWERLIFTER

Nov 27, 2013
    Italy
    shhh, keep quit, don't let tx know it!:angry:

11. azoreseuropa

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    Azores/Portugal
    Love ReiNX 2.0 and replace my Splash.bin too. Can't wait for xci addition someday.

12. jt_1258

jt_1258 Something

Aug 21, 2016
    United States
    Somewhere
    wake me up when any cfw has actual emunand support

13. 210modz
    This message by 210modz has been removed from public view by Chary, Dec 24, 2018, Reason: Flaming.
    Dec 24, 2018
  14. json
    This message by json has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Dec 25, 2018, Reason: Reply to trashed post.
    Dec 24, 2018
  15. 210modz
    This message by 210modz has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Dec 25, 2018, Reason: Knock it off.
    Dec 24, 2018
  16. hybrid -x1

hybrid -x1 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 28, 2009
    United States
    I ONLY use SXOS ever since it's release and I am genuinely happy for you ReiNX users. :D
    I also can't help but notice no shit posting and thread derailing over "stolen code/Partial TX services"

Really wish it were like this on SXOS threads.

gizmomelb and mikefor20 like this.
  17. hellfire2081

hellfire2081 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2009
    France
    TX ''DNA''!! That's why i got a Disclaimer ''Red warning'' when i used this new version with Edizon...

18. 210modz
    This message by 210modz has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Dec 25, 2018, Reason: Knock it off.
    Dec 24, 2018
  19. hybrid -x1
    This message by hybrid -x1 has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Dec 25, 2018, Reason: Reply to trashed post.
    Dec 24, 2018
  20. iCEQB

iCEQB GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 2, 2013
    United States
    When was the last time they told you this?

21. 210modz
    Dec 24, 2018
  22. Powerful

Powerful GBAtemp Fan

Dec 7, 2016
    United States
    The only features I’ve been waiting for were cheats, and the HDD support. Glad to see cheats being implemented. Hopefully more updates will come to expand on this.

23. gnmmarechal

gnmmarechal GBAtemp Guru

GBAtemp Patron
    gnmmarechal is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 13, 2014
    Portugal
    https://gs2012.xyz
    I guess that's something new, so that is cool

24. guily6669

guily6669 GbaTemp is my Drug

Jun 3, 2013
    United States
    Doomed Island
    I only bought SX OS because of M-SD emunand, else I would never have bought it...

But at any time I can change to atmosphere when they implement M-SD emunand and more people add cool stuff in it.

25. Reisyukaku

Reisyukaku Onii-sama~

Feb 11, 2014
    United States
    How can i steal something i have no access to? If me implementing TX services from something i reverse engineered is stealing, then hekate stole from nintendo and by proxy so did every other cfw.
    [​IMG]