ReiNX 2.0 released, adds partial TX services and full 6.2 support

VBliYDB.png

A new stable version of @Reisyukaku's Nintendo Switch custom firmware, ReiNX, was released today, bringing it to version 2.0. Various notable features were added, including but not limited to full 6.2.0 support (which was initially featured in a commit made on the 9th of December but was not added to a stable release until now), a recovery chainloader and, most interestingly, a partial implementation of SX OS' services - namely ldr:cht (used for cheats), usbfs (self-explainatory) and tx (general purpose, including licensing and a few rommenu functions). While said services are still in early stages, they can still be considered noteworthy additiom as it's the first time an open source CFW tries to add features only found in TX's offering aside from signature patches.

Thanks to the implementation of these services, it's now possible to boot SX OS' Rommenu and use some, not all its features under ReiNX (source here)

You can find the full changelog below:
  • Full 6.2 support
  • warmboot w/ sig checks disabled
  • partial implemented services tx, ldr:cht, usbfs
  • Recovery chainload
  • landscape gfx
  • all kips active by default (required)
  • lots of stability updates (TM)

:download: Source: GitHub
:arrow: Official Thread
:download: Releases

Last edited by RattletraPM,

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is definitely going to be interesting. I remember reading the NSP/NRO thread for the SX rom menu and there being talk of it being illegal to share if it enables TX's "premium" features. (Which unless I'm mistaken this build of ReiNX enables some of. I'm curious on GBAtemp's stance on this and if it'll still be fine to link to ReiNX.)

@linuxares Since you posted in the other thread, perhaps you could shine some light on the situation.

(Disclaimer: I'm not for or against whatever decision is chosen, I'm just curious as it sounds like we're getting to the point where some of the SX premium features will be available without an SX OS license.)

RattletraPM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This is definitely going to be interesting. I remember reading the NSP/NRO thread for the SX rom menu and there being talk of it being illegal to share if it enables TX's "premium" features. (Which unless I'm mistaken this build of ReiNX enables some of. I'm curious on GBAtemp's stance on this and if it'll still be fine to link to ReiNX.)

@linuxares Since you posted in the other thread, perhaps you could shine some light on the situation.

(Disclaimer: I'm not for or against whatever decision is chosen, I'm just curious as it sounds like we're getting to the point where some of the SX premium features will be available without an SX OS license.)
You can play around, but most of the system module features are either placeholders or stubs at this point (and no, XCI loading still isn't a thing). So I guess the mods will mostly be okay for the time being.

Reactions: Devin

KingMuk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ONLY use SXOS ever since it's release and I am genuinely happy for you ReiNX users. :D
I also can't help but notice no shit posting and thread derailing over "stolen code/Partial TX services"

Really wish it were like this on SXOS threads.

Powerful

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only features I’ve been waiting for were cheats, and the HDD support. Glad to see cheats being implemented. Hopefully more updates will come to expand on this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over