RELEASE SXOS ROMMENU NSP/NROS

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by CardochDM, Sep 27, 2018.

1. CardochDM
    OP

CardochDM Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 18, 2017
    Spain
    SXOS sucks, stolen code + selling it + w/o credits to the creators... You know what I mean... So today I'm releasing and I will be releasing their ROMMENU nros (and a nsp forwarder as well), atm only works on sxos huh, but this will change in the future (or at least I hope so)

RECENT-UPDATE: I updated the nsp and the nros with versions 2.2(beta) 2.1(beta) and 2.0.1, now the nsp will auto load the ROMMENU.nro located at switch/ROMMENU/ROMMENU.nro

INSTRUCTIONS:
    Pick one of the nros from the zip file attached (the one you like, 2.2_beta, 2.1_beta or 2.0.1). Place it at switch/ROMMENU/ROMMENU.nro being ROMMENU.nro the one you picked from the zip but renamed to just ROMMENU.nro, easy right?

CHANGELOG:
    Added a README.txt with info ._.
    Updated icons in both nsp and nros, BTW, they still doesn't work on other cfw's, it will just give you a black screen, but I'm closer to manage it (thx to hexkyz for his amazing job at reversing the cfw). Also excuse the late update, I was really busy these days, more interesting things will come up soonTM ;D

For more help or tips or whatever shoot me a DM me at discord! --> Kardch#3725

CREDITS:
    Matt_teix for the NRO2NSP tool, credits as well to 4HNCI for the nsp builder, to switchbrew team for hacbrew tools aaand, no, no credits for TeamXecuter sorry guys. Also credits to Mike Hexkyz (and naehrwert) for his work on reversing the os!

Credits to the original creators of half of the ROMMENU:
    yellows8, plutoo, Abduzz, jakibaki, and many many many others I left

Anyway, enjoy it!
    BTW don't try to load two instances of the menu because it will crash the console at some point, obvious but just warning you...

The ZIP file contains the ROMMENU nsp, the ROMMENU NROS (versions 2.2_BETA, 2.0.1 and 2.1.0_BETA) and also does contains the icon used for the nsp so you can get a quick look on how it will look like, I hope you like my releases aand, enjoy!

Attached Files:

Last edited by CardochDM, Oct 16, 2018
    Kyaria, Full Metal, fate6 and 11 others like this.
  2. agpixel

agpixel Member

Newcomer
    Jun 23, 2015
    France
    Nice

3. jjbredesen

jjbredesen WarezNX Owner

GBAtemp Patron
    jjbredesen is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Feb 16, 2018
    Norway
    Hyrule
    Rommenu is not going to do any XCI loading, you need the TX sysmodule, that handles it.

For mods: This is now legal, latest tools do not use the SDK.

4. CardochDM
    OP

Newcomer
    Sep 18, 2017
    Spain
    I know I know, the modules need to be ported to atmos or reinx to do so

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Also curious if the sxos-ftpd will work if you have the module sys-ftpd on a different cfw, I guess it will work since it's basically using it... but who knows

cyfaws likes this.
  5. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Aug 5, 2007
    Sweden
    Except it's TX tool so it's still illegal to share?

6. jjbredesen

jjbredesen WarezNX Owner

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Feb 16, 2018
    Norway
    Hyrule
    Ehm no its distributed for free, this does not allow any of the "premium" features that come with a license.There is also no legal licensing on their website or elsewhere that prohibits distribution of the files contained within the boot.dat payload. In fact there is nothing that prevents the boot.dat from being available for download outside of the TX website, you can not pirate a free file.

This is fully legal, and GBAtemp seem to be fine with allowing links to SX OS a CFW that violates several licenses itself. Do not be hypocritical with your rules.

Last edited by jjbredesen, Sep 27, 2018
  7. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Aug 5, 2007
    Sweden
    We have listen to devs before, so far no one (of the affected devs) have asked for SXOS links to be removed because of license violation. I very well know our rules. I haven't tried installing or look in to the file, since the last "rommenu" was a crack for SXOS, except it didn't get XCI working.

8. NeoSlyde
    This message by NeoSlyde has been removed from public view by Chary, Sep 27, 2018, Reason: Flamebait.
    Sep 27, 2018
  9. CardochDM
    This message by CardochDM has been removed from public view by Chary, Sep 27, 2018, Reason: Reply to trashed post.
    Sep 27, 2018
  10. Essasetic

Essasetic GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 16, 2018
    United Kingdom
    This definitely looks interesting.

11. NeoSlyde
    This message by NeoSlyde has been removed from public view by Chary, Sep 27, 2018, Reason: Reply to trashed post.
    Sep 27, 2018
  12. jjbredesen

jjbredesen WarezNX Owner

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Feb 16, 2018
    Norway
    Hyrule
    Regardless of how you twist and turn things, even a SX OS crack is not illegal in any sense. We both know Temp avoids piracy links to prevent DMCA issues, in this case TX with a illegal product (not just due to licenses) has no way of legally requesting you take down links.

There is no TOS or license included in SX OS that states you are not allowed to RE the software, and there is nothing that prevents further distribution.

In fact, linking to SX OS itself is more likely to land temp in legal trouble via Nintendo.

Last edited by jjbredesen, Sep 27, 2018
  13. TheZander

TheZander King of the Level 7's

Feb 1, 2008
    United States
    Level 7
    If you run a emulator threw the homebrew launcher of this NSP you can suspend it with home then be at the same point when you open it?

14. hyperxunda

hyperxunda Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 24, 2015
    Brazil
    Please release rommenu.nro too

15. CardochDM
    OP

Newcomer
    Sep 18, 2017
    Spain
    Technically yes, it should work like the Homebrew launcher because it does have nro launching support, so basically yeah

Last edited by CardochDM, Sep 27, 2018
  16. CardochDM
    OP

Newcomer
    Sep 18, 2017
    Spain
    The rommenu nro can be extracted from the boot.dat using the hexkyz scripts, you can also extract it from this nsp like you do when extracting the romfs of a game

17. hyperxunda

hyperxunda Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 24, 2015
    Brazil
    I extract .nca, extract app.nro but have a black screen to launch.

18. iriez

iriez GBAtemp Regular

Oct 27, 2016
    United States
    I have refrained from posting previous cracked builds of SX OS to xbins, but since they have blantantly violated open source licenses I do no longer feel morally complicit in hosting this. I have put this in the /SWITCH/Switch based software/Title Management/SX OS directory, and you can access our ftp with easy-xbins if you don't want to run MIRC and connect to our channel, etc. It is totally normal for a AV to give a warning for this file since it connects to common IRC ports, which will auto-trigger antivirus warnings. It is, and has been safe, for the approx 15 years we've hosted this irc/ftp all-in-one client.

Xecuter is making plenty of money (and has made many millions in the xbox scene) and should not be stealing open source code and selling it via licensing for their products. I would encourage everyone to just use tinfoil, atmosphere/reinx/etc for their needs instead of this release, but will provide regardless since it appears there is demand.

Last edited by iriez, Sep 27, 2018
    Full Metal likes this.
  19. CardochDM
    OP

Newcomer
    Sep 18, 2017
    Spain
    Oh, yeah I forgot to mention that the app is slightly changed to be an app nro and not an applet nro, apart from other tweaks

So yeah here it is the "original" nro (it has icon added)
    EDIT: check the main post ;D

Last edited by CardochDM, Oct 12, 2018
  20. hyperxunda

hyperxunda Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 24, 2015
    Brazil
    Dam... i realy like launch rommenu "renamed hbmenu.nro" on root card..

Black screen again, used a hexeditor to compare files, is the same, but more large because icon add...

21. Sm0k3r83

Sm0k3r83 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 16, 2018
    Canada
    Black Screen every time i try it, but it doesnt lock up or crash the switch. Using latest Hekate

22. hyperxunda

hyperxunda Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 24, 2015
    Brazil
    Same problem here, doesn't work

23. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    Holy shit, people still do this? Figured we dropped this for SSH. Good on ya.