Homebrew RELEASE SXOS ROMMENU NSP/NROS

KardchCode

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
DISCLAIMER:

I am updating this no more due to sxos team not being able to provide new updates anymore. Additionally, I wouldn't personally recommend using this software at all, since it was built and designed for very old firmware versions of horizon OS and could behave in abnormal ways or not even boot at all (also who would use this nowadays heh). That said, be careful and cya!

INSTRUCTIONS:

Worth mentioning that you can skip all of this and just open your rommenu.nro using the hbmenu, but if you want you can follow along and have the NSP for this "amazing" software:

- Install the NSP
- Pick one of the nros from the zip file attached (the one you like the most, 2.9.2, 2.6., 2.2.0...) and place it at switch/ROMMENU/ROMMENU.nro being ROMMENU.nro the one you picked from the zip but renamed to just ROMMENU.nro

INFO:

REINX ONLY SUPPORTS VERSIONS BELOW 2.3 (so only 2.2.0, 2.1.0...)

The nsp inside the zip will auto load the ROMMENU.nro located at switch/ROMMENU/ROMMENU.nro. which you can also launch by using the hbmenu, goldleaf or whatever u want to load the nros with. The ZIP file contains the ROMMENU nsp, the ROMMENU NROS and the icon used for them.

NRO img

FAIR SOFTWARE CREDITS:

Credits to Rei for the TX Kip's supporting some of the nros, to Mike Hexkyz and naehrwert for their reversing the sxos cfw, and finally credits to the original creators of half the ROMMENU; yellows8, plutoo, Abduzz, jakibaki, and many many many others.

Attachments

• ROMMENU (NSP&NROS).zip
    3 MB · Views: 626
Last edited by KardchCode,

KardchCode

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Rommenu is not going to do any XCI loading, you need the TX sysmodule, that handles it.

For mods: This is now legal, latest tools do not use the SDK.
I know I know, the modules need to be ported to atmos or reinx to do so

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I know I know, the modules need to be ported to atmos or reinx to do so
Also curious if the sxos-ftpd will work if you have the module sys-ftpd on a different cfw, I guess it will work since it's basically using it... but who knows

Reactions: cyfaws
D

Deleted-442439

Except it's TX tool so it's still illegal to share?

Ehm no its distributed for free, this does not allow any of the "premium" features that come with a license.There is also no legal licensing on their website or elsewhere that prohibits distribution of the files contained within the boot.dat payload. In fact there is nothing that prevents the boot.dat from being available for download outside of the TX website, you can not pirate a free file.

This is fully legal, and GBAtemp seem to be fine with allowing links to SX OS a CFW that violates several licenses itself. Do not be hypocritical with your rules.

Last edited by ,

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Ehm no its distributed for free, this does not allow any of the "premium" features that come with a license.There is also no legal licensing on their website or elsewhere that prohibits distribution of the files contained within the boot.dat payload. In fact there is nothing that prevents the boot.dat from being available for download outside of the TX website, you can not pirate a free file.

This is fully legal, and GBAtemp seem to be fine with allowing links to SX OS a CFW that violates several licenses itself. Do not be hypocritical with your rules.
We have listen to devs before, so far no one (of the affected devs) have asked for SXOS links to be removed because of license violation. I very well know our rules. I haven't tried installing or look in to the file, since the last "rommenu" was a crack for SXOS, except it didn't get XCI working.

D

Deleted-442439

We have listen to devs before, so far no one (of the affected devs) have asked for SXOS links to be removed because of license violation. I very well know our rules. I haven't tried installing or look in to the file, since the last "rommenu" was a crack for SXOS, except it didn't get XCI working.

Regardless of how you twist and turn things, even a SX OS crack is not illegal in any sense. We both know Temp avoids piracy links to prevent DMCA issues, in this case TX with a illegal product (not just due to licenses) has no way of legally requesting you take down links.

There is no TOS or license included in SX OS that states you are not allowed to RE the software, and there is nothing that prevents further distribution.

In fact, linking to SX OS itself is more likely to land temp in legal trouble via Nintendo.

Last edited by ,

KardchCode

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
If you run a emulator threw the homebrew launcher of this NSP you can suspend it with home then be at the same point when you open it?
Technically yes, it should work like the Homebrew launcher because it does have nro launching support, so basically yeah

iriez

Trophies
Website
www.xbins.org
XP
Country
United States
I have refrained from posting previous cracked builds of SX OS to xbins, but since they have blantantly violated open source licenses I do no longer feel morally complicit in hosting this. I have put this in the /SWITCH/Switch based software/Title Management/SX OS directory, and you can access our ftp with easy-xbins if you don't want to run MIRC and connect to our channel, etc. It is totally normal for a AV to give a warning for this file since it connects to common IRC ports, which will auto-trigger antivirus warnings. It is, and has been safe, for the approx 15 years we've hosted this irc/ftp all-in-one client.

Xecuter is making plenty of money (and has made many millions in the xbox scene) and should not be stealing open source code and selling it via licensing for their products. I would encourage everyone to just use tinfoil, atmosphere/reinx/etc for their needs instead of this release, but will provide regardless since it appears there is demand.

Last edited by iriez,

KardchCode

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I extract .nca, extract app.nro but have a black screen to launch.
Oh, yeah I forgot to mention that the app is slightly changed to be an app nro and not an applet nro, apart from other tweaks

Oh, yeah I forgot to mention that the app is slightly changed to be an app nro and not an applet nro, apart from other tweaks

So yeah here it is the "original" nro (it has icon added)
EDIT: check the main post ;D

hyperxunda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Dam... i realy like launch rommenu "renamed hbmenu.nro" on root card..

So yeah here it is the "original" nro (it has icon added)
Black screen again, used a hexeditor to compare files, is the same, but more large because icon add...

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
I have refrained from posting previous cracked builds of SX OS to xbins, but since they have blantantly violated open source licenses I do no longer feel morally complicit in hosting this. I have put this in the /SWITCH/Switch based software/Title Management/SX OS directory, and you can access our ftp with easy-xbins if you don't want to run MIRC and connect to our channel, etc. It is totally normal for a AV to give a warning for this file since it connects to common IRC ports, which will auto-trigger antivirus warnings. It is, and has been safe, for the approx 15 years we've hosted this irc/ftp all-in-one client.

Xecuter is making plenty of money (and has made many millions in the xbox scene) and should not be stealing open source code and selling it via licensing for their products. I would encourage everyone to just use tinfoil, atmosphere/reinx/etc for their needs instead of this release, but will provide regardless since it appears there is demand.
Holy shit, people still do this? Figured we dropped this for SSH. Good on ya.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over