Homebrew WIP GZDoom for Switch

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
True, that is a regression that I haven't noticed. It's supposed to immediately execute the command you typed. Will fix.
I'll think about on screen buttons. You can go to Options -> Go to console to open the console for now.

Renderer changes require a restart in general. I think it even shows a tiny message saying that when you change them, though it is pretty hard to notice.
Post automatically merged:

Posted a bugfix release.
This should fix the console.
Download in OP.
GZDoom 4.11.0 released ^^

Reactions: Reploid

greenchili2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anyway I can setup an option in the launcher menu to let me play any of the Dooms ( Doom, Doom II, TNT Evilution, Plutonia Experiment, etc ) to also load the "Brutal Doom" pack?

The only way I've been able to find to do so is by editing the gzdoom.ini file autoload statement.. but then it adds Brutal Doom all the time.

I would like to be able to load it specifically by selecting one from the launcher menu. Rather than having to add or remove it from the gzdoom.ini file.

Last edited by greenchili2,

helvetinperkeles

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Is there anyway I can setup an option in the launcher menu to let me play any of the Dooms ( Doom, Doom II, TNT Evilution, Plutonia Experiment, etc ) to also load the "Brutal Doom" pack?

The only way I've been able to find to do so is by editing the gzdoom.ini file autoload statement.. but then it adds Brutal Doom all the time.

I would like to be able to load it specifically by selecting one from the launcher menu. Rather than having to add or remove it from the gzdoom.ini file.
You mean like this?

Attachments

• 20221014_120023.jpg
    20221014_120023.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 29

greenchili2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You mean like this?

And how does that, pray tell, cause Brutal Doom to load when they are selected?

For example I'd like to be able to have Doom in my menu but than a separate one that says "Brutal Doom" that loads Doom 1 with the Brutal Doom MOD.

Or two separate Doom 2 menu options. One loads Doom 2 vanilla and the other loads Doom 2 but with the "Brutal Doom" loaded as well.

"Doom Complete.wad" what is that? Now I'm confused.. lol

helvetinperkeles

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
And how does that, pray tell, cause Brutal Doom to load when they are selected?

For example I'd like to be able to have Doom in my menu but than a separate one that says "Brutal Doom" that loads Doom 1 with the Brutal Doom MOD.

Or two separate Doom 2 menu options. One loads Doom 2 vanilla and the other loads Doom 2 but with the "Brutal Doom" loaded as well.

"Doom Complete.wad" what is that? Now I'm confused.. lol
Press Y at the menu same as picture and you can name new "playlist" then you choose what .wad it uses and then you can select what mod files it uses. Complete doom is a wadsmoosh that has all doom .wads compined as one file.

greenchili2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Press Y at the menu same as picture and you can name new "playlist" then you choose what .wad it uses and then you can select what mod files it uses. Complete doom is a wadsmoosh that has all doom .wads compined as one file.

I thought you can only select 1 wad file when adding. So your saying I can select Doom 2 and Brutal doom and it will load both?

greenchili2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's how you get brutal doom 2

After I select the wad it just goes back to the list. How do I select the MOD files for that entry?

Ok nevermind. I thought the 2nd tab applied to all WADS and not the one currently selected. :lol:

I'm good now! Thanks!
Post automatically merged:

I was trying out the MOD Siren and the text is smooshed ( get it? ) :lol: Anywho is there a way I can fix that. It's hard to read the emails, etc.

Also I guess the launcher is limited on how many WADS it can list. After a certain point you can no longer see them and the list doesn't scroll. Bummer.. :(

Last edited by greenchili2,

rave420

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is the best thing to come to my switch this year. Thank you for the work you put into this port, I am having zero issues running my games. One minor issue is that the game is too dark overall for my taste, but once I play in docked mode on a TV it looks right.

Sweet man, I'm looking forward to any future developments. Doom rocks, you rock 🤟!

Edit: Question, how do I enable things such as fast monsters and other GZDoom related run-time options? As far as I can tell there isn't a way to pass command line parameters on launch.

Last edited by rave420,
Reactions: Purple_Shyguy

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
This is the best thing to come to my switch this year. Thank you for the work you put into this port, I am having zero issues running my games. One minor issue is that the game is too dark overall for my taste, but once I play in docked mode on a TV it looks right.

Sweet man, I'm looking forward to any future developments. Doom rocks, you rock 🤟!

Edit: Question, how do I enable things such as fast monsters and other GZDoom related run-time options? As far as I can tell there isn't a way to pass command line parameters on launch.

Options ---> Display options ---> Hardware renderer ---> Sector light mode

Try changing this to whatever you prefer. GZDoom defaults to dark sector lighting for some reason.

rave420

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Options ---> Display options ---> Hardware renderer ---> Sector light mode

Try changing this to whatever you prefer. GZDoom defaults to dark sector lighting for some reason.
Vanilla and Bright turned out to be okay, thanks!

Speaking of defaulting to, I can't get GZDoom to save or remember certain options. Anything in the "Gameplay Options" resets itself each time I restart the application. Mouselook, for example, always needs to be turned off again after each restart, while other settings such as "Sector Light Mode" save properly. I don't know why this isn't working.

As for the IWAD/PWAD selection and preset configuration part of the application, would it be possible to add auto-scrolling to the list dialogues? When someone has a lot of presets or picks from a folder containing a lot of files it would be awesome to hold the button to quickly scroll through them.

When playing in docked mode on a TV, would it theoretically be possible to use the full resolution of the Switch's TV output?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: He's old they're already roasted +1