Homebrew WIP GZDoom for Switch

helvetinperkeles

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
New release, based on 4.10.0+.
Download link in the OP.
Among other things startup times seem to have decreased quite a bit for me.
Before anyone asks, myhouse.pk3 runs like ass. Not much can be done about it since the map is a mess of portals and other advanced fuckery.
Holy shit thanks man!!
Post automatically merged:

New release, based on 4.10.0+.
Download link in the OP.
Among other things startup times seem to have decreased quite a bit for me.
Before anyone asks, myhouse.pk3 runs like ass. Not much can be done about it since the map is a mess of portals and other advanced fuckery.
Does this support gles 3.2 for liquid textures addon? 🙂

Last edited by helvetinperkeles,

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@fgsfds - Suggestion, if possible: For the Android Build of Delta Touch, which has GZDoom, it has a Button Overlay on the Screen where it will pop up with the Keyboard. Could this be introduced, so the Buttons can be Mapped to other Functions?

fgsfds

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
@fgsfds - Suggestion, if possible: For the Android Build of Delta Touch, which has GZDoom, it has a Button Overlay on the Screen where it will pop up with the Keyboard. Could this be introduced, so the Buttons can be Mapped to other Functions?
What do you mean exactly? Just like on screen buttons to map stuff onto or specifically a button that shows the keyboard? If the latter, what would you use the keyboard for, considering it covers all or most of the screen?

helvetinperkeles

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I dunno, I guess it should. If it doesn't work in the GLES renderer you can change to normal OpenGL in the video settings.
Hmm..i tested OpenGL, OpenGL ES and Vulkan and i can't get liquid effects to works. It's just still image. So i guess switch can't handle it.🤔

But other than this little issue it works great! 💪

Hmm..i tested OpenGL, OpenGL ES and Vulkan and i can't get liquid effects to works. It's just still image. So i guess switch can't handle it.🤔

Hold your horses! I changed Open GL again and rebootet game and boom now the liquid effects works. Awasome!

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean exactly? Just like on screen buttons to map stuff onto or specifically a button that shows the keyboard? If the latter, what would you use the keyboard for, considering it covers all or most of the screen?
On-Screen Controls. But just have a Keyboard Button, that can bring up the System Keyboard for Commands.

The actual Switch Build Update: Actually, I think there is a Issue. I tried typing in Commands, but it did not do anything.

fgsfds

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
On-Screen Controls. But just have a Keyboard Button, that can bring up the System Keyboard for Commands.

The actual Switch Build Update: Actually, I think there is a Issue. I tried typing in Commands, but it did not do anything.
True, that is a regression that I haven't noticed. It's supposed to immediately execute the command you typed. Will fix.
I'll think about on screen buttons. You can go to Options -> Go to console to open the console for now.

Hold your horses! I changed Open GL again and rebootet game and boom now the liquid effects works. Awasome!
Renderer changes require a restart in general. I think it even shows a tiny message saying that when you change them, though it is pretty hard to notice.

Posted a bugfix release.
This should fix the console.
Download in OP.

Last edited by fgsfds,

helvetinperkeles

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I have now played a lot with this new update and boy do i like it. It plays so good now even with all my addons and texture pack. Loading times are indeed much lesser now. I'm so thankfull that you had the time to make this update. I love playing pb so much with switch. The only thing i would like to see in the future if possible that it would be nice if i could use folders on my mods. Like folder for mods, maps, musics and texturepacks. Now they all are just slammed in same place. It would be much easier to manage all my stuff.
And yes the hotfix works!
🙂

Last edited by helvetinperkeles,
Reactions: Purple_Shyguy

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
True, that is a regression that I haven't noticed. It's supposed to immediately execute the command you typed. Will fix.
I'll think about on screen buttons. You can go to Options -> Go to console to open the console for now.

Renderer changes require a restart in general. I think it even shows a tiny message saying that when you change them, though it is pretty hard to notice.

Posted a bugfix release.
This should fix the console.
Download in OP.
Thanks!

OnTheGoRepairs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i have a few wads in the iwads folder, and it automatically loads plutonia, even tho i have the "show iwad selection dialog" is turned on in settings > misc. what am i doing wrong???

OnTheGoRepairs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, figured out the main issues, but i encountered another issue. ii have all of the doom and doom 2 official ports, and brutal doom on all of them, as well as a couple mega wads with brutal doom. the problem is, save games were overlapping, across all of the official doom wads. i made dupes of the doom 2 wad for each of the doom expansions, and renamed them doom1a doom1b doom2a doom2b etc. now all my saves work properly, but there is a new issue. on the first doom game and one other possibly, it isn't able to keep the brutal doom pk3 in memory when it loads (i believe) so i have to manually choose brutal doom on the effected game(s). any way to fix this? or to fix the saves do that i don't need duplicate doom2.wads?

ih8god

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
On the off chance any one comes looking like I did, best answer I could find was that this particular .pk3 requires a newer version of gzdoom than the 4.7.1 currently available for the switch. Best way I can see for now is to use moonlight streaming with a pc.
Can use this if anyone wants it. I wanted to have it as a sort of stand-alone and keep it separate from the launcher everything. I think it should keep itself clear of existing GZDoom installs and not dick with anything at least which was important to me.

I didn't go very far into it but for the 10 minutes or so I played of it, I expected much worse. Might turn to pot further in.

Many thanks to fgsfds for the fine work done!

1695216894004.jpeg

Attachments

• MyHouse.txt
    70 bytes · Views: 17

loukli

Trophies
XP
Country
China
and switch is crash ,i try any wad but is same problem

Attachments

• IMG_20231004_200442.jpg
    IMG_20231004_200442.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 13

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch