Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I just bought a switch and thought I would do the hack
But I just found out that it is a newer version with ipatch xaj7005xx
Any idea if this can be hacked if ever?

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk
You need to wait for the Deja Vu exploit, which will be released evenually. Stay on lowest possible firmware until then.

Reactions: Budsixz

dom1nga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Is it ok that "Turn off" function in ReiNX toolkit doesn't turn off console, but send it to RCM? I used it expecting that it will completely shut down console, but when i tried to turn console on battery was 0%.
I have auto-rcm enabled. 5.1.0. Don't remember toolkit version, but i believe it should not be older than 1 month

What dns/ip address(es) should i whitelist for ReiNX/toolkit updates? I turned off wan for switch on router level. I would like to keep switch completely offline without using any custom dns servers

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it ok that "Turn off" function in ReiNX toolkit doesn't turn off console, but send it to RCM? I used it expecting that it will completely shut down console, but when i tried to turn console on battery was 0%.
I have auto-rcm enabled. 5.1.0. Don't remember toolkit version, but i believe it should not be older than 1 month

What dns/ip address(es) should i whitelist for ReiNX/toolkit updates? I turned off wan for switch on router level. I would like to keep switch completely offline without using any custom dns servers
That is how AutoRCM works. Any shutdowns from Horizon causes the console to reboot, regardless if they come from homebrew or the system itself. If you want to turn off a console with AutoRCM, you have to do so from RCM.

As for DNS settings, you can use 90DNS

dom1nga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
That is how AutoRCM works. Any shutdowns from Horizon causes the console to reboot, regardless if they come from homebrew or the system itself. If you want to turn off a console with AutoRCM, you have to do so from RCM.
Thank you for response, but what point in having "Power off" on homebrew side if the same thing can be done using OS itself? I was expected it should work in the same way as Hekate's "Power off"

re 90DNS:
I would like to keep switch completely offline without using any custom dns servers

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for response, but what point in having "Power off" on homebrew side if the same thing can be done using OS itself? I was expected it should work in the same way as Hekate's "Power off"

re 90DNS:
Hekate's Power Off is actually the same function as powering off the console. The reason why it works is because Hekate is loaded in RCM unlike homebrew. I suppose the reason why there are homebrew applications for shutting down the Switch is because if your Switch is docked, it lets you turn off the console without getting up to physically hold down the Power button.

Also with regards to the DNS thing, my apologies. I must have misread it as using DNS. Here is a list of URLs.

dom1nga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hekate's Power Off is actually the same function as powering off the console. The reason why it works is because Hekate is loaded in RCM unlike homebrew. I suppose the reason why there are homebrew applications for shutting down the Switch is because if your Switch is docked, it lets you turn off the console without getting up to physically hold down the Power button.
fair

Also with regards to the DNS thing, my apologies. I must have misread it as using DNS. Here is a list of URLs.
sorry, this is not i asked for. i mean if i use reinx-toolkit and try to check for updates or/and download them application should send request to some host/ip and receive response with information about update status.
if update available reinx-toolkit should download update and install it.

i need just these 1+ host names for whitelisting.
i mean i going to block all traffic going out from switch except reinx-toolkit. so i need domain names reinx-toolkit is talking to

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry, this is not i asked for. i mean if i use reinx-toolkit and try to check for updates or/and download them application should send request to some host/ip and receive response with information about update status.

i mean i going to block all traffic going out from switch except reinx-toolkit. so i need domain names reinx-toolkit is talking to
I feel so stupid now.

Even after consulting the official ReiNX Toolkit thread, it seems like that information is not listed anywhere. Maybe you can try asking one of the members of ReiSwitched at their Discord server if they know the specific URL.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
fair

string url = "http://builds.reinx.guide/nightly/ReiNX-latest.zip";

Reactions: dom1nga

eoinzy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm on 5.1.0/Reinx/hekate with perma-offline switch. No Nintendo account linked.

I tried to change my avatar to a Mii and got a crash and had to hold down power button for 12 seconds.
Is this a known issue? Or should I be able to change my avatar?

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: OrGoN3

Saintseiya911

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stupid question downloaded the 1.7.1 files from github but theres np title folder what do I do or do I even need the titles folder anymore

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stupid question downloaded the 1.7.1 files from github but theres np title folder what do I do or do I even need the titles folder anymore
The "titles" folder holds files meant to be replaced on the Switch. For example, the 100D folder is meant to replace the Album with the homebrew menu (title ID of the Album is the name of that folder). That folder can be downloaded from https://reinx.guide/

Saintseiya911

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I miss read it now I'm getting the boot splash and then no homebrew so I DL the bro from reinx guide so hopefully it's fixed now do I play the reinx bin from the folder in my sd card as well or is that just to boot from PC sorry the dumbness been forever since I used reinx (update figured it out.)

Last edited by Saintseiya911,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Flame @ Flame: Never fight uphill, me boys.