ROM Hack Official Mother 3 Translation Thread

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
brink said:
I have an old EZF 256MBit cart, thing is, I know I can fit 32MB ROMS on it. The Mother 3 translation changes that because I guess it's larger than my software supports. I may not really have the space for the cart, the rom does exceed 32 MB. So the question is, if I can fit it somehow, compression, cutting off unnecessary bitage here and there. I've tried using a rom trimmer and it couldn't trim any excess 00's or ff's which leaves me kinda stumped.

If anyone has an idea on how to make this game fit, thanks
There s no difference in size between the patched and clean rom so it should work.

brink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I stand corrected, yes, the original rom doesn't fit (didn't try, don't know japanese
frown.gif
) The more I search today the more it looks like I'm screwed. It seems like I could maybe achieve it if I had much more hacking knowledge, but even then it's not without it's downsides probably.

brink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry to keep posting, but I also have a DS-Xtreme (yeah, I keep buying really awful carts for some reason) so if anyone knows a way to run a GBA game on that...

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a EZ Flash IV Mini SD but I can't get this to run. Running it in GBA mode says that I don't have enough PSRAM and running it via the slot 2 option in the R4 still gives nothing.

sblur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
brink said:
I have an old EZF 256MBit cart, thing is, I know I can fit 32MB ROMS on it. The Mother 3 translation changes that because I guess it's larger than my software supports. I may not really have the space for the cart, the rom does exceed 32 MB. So the question is, if I can fit it somehow, compression, cutting off unnecessary bitage here and there. I've tried using a rom trimmer and it couldn't trim any excess 00's or ff's which leaves me kinda stumped.

If anyone has an idea on how to make this game fit, thanks
You can safely trim the last ~8KB off of the ROM, if that helps. There's some garbage data at the very end of the original rom which is why a trimming tool won't think it can trim. 0x01FFD740 has been tested as a "safe" length, I haven't tested anything smaller.

gunstarblue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This must be one of the few games released as 32Mb?
To be able to save some GBA games (most GBA games) on my M3 I have to activate something called "slow loading". It means it takes a little longer to load the rom, but then I'm all set. I noticed, though, that it took extremely long to load Mother 3.

psywolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have the ez flash IV lite and an r4

the game load the gameboy screen and just freezes

i tried it on the pc with visual boy and for some reason it won't read my controller
I reinstalled the visual boy and it won't read the controller to configure it

when i try to play with a keyboard it autopresses aaaaaaaaaaaaaa for the name and aaaaaaaaaa for the second name and says duplicate name then freezes

psywolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so it works with the visual boy

but my visual boy still won't read my controller even though all the other emulators i have do

but I'd rather play it on my ds but my ezflash iv and r4 won't play it it will only load and freeze at the gba screen
can someone please help with this

it would be so much easier if this was an isp patch i was able to get fire emblem and mother 1 to patch and play no problem

psywolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vague Rant said:
The Game Boy Player can't be connected to the Wii.

well then damn it since my r4 ez flash iv combo won't play it and the visual boy for whatever reason won't register my controller

the only option i have here is to hack a psp if i get it this x mas

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol