ROM Hack Official Mother 3 Translation Thread

pilotwangs

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ah,i was on that site about 2 weeks ago.
I signed up for the ''email me when it is ready'' thing.

I havent been keeping up with it,can anyone tell me when its expected to be released?

EDIT:i just saw the ''PLEASE NOTE'' thing (tells ya that they don't have a date for the release)

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
The Mother 3 translation is a joke to real ROM hackers and translators.

Why haven't they released a partial translation patch like a traditional ROM translation project?

Anyone remember the original pokemon gold/silver translations? How every few days you could reload your save from the previous version, play that? Maybe I'm just too jaded.

Partial patches aren't the greater evil of ROM hacking these Mother 3 folks make it out to be. The menu/items translation patch and screens are just needless cockteases. I'd rather less time is spent working on the blog but oh well. It's their job to make and (not) release how they please.

I'm sure there'll be a release eventually.

drock360

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A JOKE?!! Yea rite. Mato and his team have been working very hard and they are some of the best ROM hackers out there. Just look at his website and see all the work he has done with sprite welding and hacking.

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I've been following the translation for a while, now.
It's great to see so much progress done, yet the full translation is so far away.

You guys, I disagree with this project being called a joke.
This project translation is as serious as any other one, IMO (I've failed to see any reason why it should be called a joke).

Mother 3 FTW
gba.gif

Reactions: Deleted User

Alerek

Trophies
Website
alerek.cjb.net
XP
Country
United States
The translations progress has been slow because so few people are working with such wonkey anti-anythingbutjapanese coding. They've been making great progress, and I love reading the updates. I've been waiting for this game since I finished Earthbound way back in the day. Mato & the team are doing a wonderful thing for people like myself.

If a game wasn't worth it, would they be devoting all of their free time to making it understandable for those who can't speak Japanese?

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Geezuzkhrist119 said:
how far along are they with the translation?

Well, I'd like to say they've made a lot of progress since the project started.

They've released a patch that translate menus, items, etc.
But the final translation is said to be a while away...

Make sure to check out the Project's Blog every once in a while.

yuka001

Trophies
XP
Country
Heran Bago said:
Geezuzkhrist119 said:
how far along are they with the translation?
They are still at the drama and cocktease stages. Enjoy the fine screenshots and item/menu patch.

Go and help them hacking/translating if you can.
They've been working very hard on this, so if you're not interested in this game and patch, just shut up.

Akotan

Mathematical!
Trophies
Website
www.viciocriativo.com
XP
Country
Brazil
The Mother Translation Group is great and Mato is doing an amazing job showing us all the process stages. They're wanting the most perfect translation patch ever made and working for it.

But “real life” is a big contender for everybody and this slows things a bit.

I don't think we will see a final patch anytime soon (hope not) but it will be great when fully released! (
happy.gif
)

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
I remember last year they were talking of a Nov07 release then they changed their minds to around now. Take a look at the blog from last year you'll see the posts.

Mooshywooshy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I love that Mato is doing this, its kinda silly to piss and moan about how they wont release partial patches, but they are certainly going faster than Nintendo ever plans to, so until then you should be thankful that anyone is doing it at all.

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)