Of Themes and Transfers

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by TheOneWhoDoes, Feb 12, 2015.

1. TheOneWhoDoes
    OP

TheOneWhoDoes Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 12, 2015
    United States
    So, I've heard that custom home menu themes remain intact after performing a system update, and I would assume that they remain through a system transfer too, correct?

Well, I updated to get into the eShop and lost Ninjhax prior to learning custom themes existed, though I've heard that New 3DS models ship with 9.2 firmware. So, my plan for tomorrow, when the New 3DS comes out in America is to install some themes I've created, then update so I can system transfer.

My issue then, is would the custom themes on the New 3DS still be accessible after a system transfer? I assume they'd still be on the New SD, but I would think there is a chance I'd have to do something extra, since it can't be thay simple, can it?

To sum it all up, if I transfer to a system with custom themes on it, are they still there, or removed?

2. Retr0Capez

Retr0Capez GBATemp's Official Evil Genius

Feb 4, 2015
    United States
    In my vision of the perfect world ruled by me
    My advice is to wait a little intill your flashcard or homebrew provider confirms it works on N3DS

3. TheOneWhoDoes
    OP

TheOneWhoDoes Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 12, 2015
    United States
    Well, while I appriciate that advice, I'm pretty sure Ninjhax has already been confirmed to work on the New 3DS - this question could also be applied to a system transfer between two regular 3DSs.

I'm going to try somethings tomorrow, I guess, and post whatever results I get. Still open to anyone who may know better though! :P

4. DarkFlare69

DarkFlare69 GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 8, 2014
    United States
    Ohio
    Ninjhax does work on N3DS.

5. TheOneWhoDoes
    OP

TheOneWhoDoes Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 12, 2015
    United States
    Figured, and I assume custom theme installs work fine on it, too. It's just a matter of how themes are handled after a system transfer is made.

6. DarkFlare69

DarkFlare69 GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 8, 2014
    United States
    Ohio
    You're correct.