Gaming Odd occurrence while playing Mario Kart 8 last night

duffmmann

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so this is just a small little odd thing I've never seen in Mario Kart 8 until last night, for all I know it is a genuine feature in the game, but I'm just not sure how to do it again, and perhaps you could give some insight, but I'll explain what happened real quick:

I was playing 2-Player online last night with my buddy who I've been playing online with for months and months now, pretty much anytime I come over, I bring the Wii U, and we play one game or another, often Mario Kart 8 online.

Anyway, I was choosing the course to vote on, and I think I kind of hit my controller buttons in a quick and odd order on accident, and my buddy claims he was messing with the buttons on his controller at the time as well. To get to the point, somehow, after my vote was cast, it showed different votes for me and my buddy. Even though as far as I've ever known any vote made will always be the same for both players. Is there a way for both players to consistently have separate votes when playing online? Or did I just encounter some strange bug?

Last edited by duffmmann,

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
If you're talking about on the same console rather than online, it was a bug. Mario Kart series ( as of the Wii and WiiU... ) only implement the ability to vote on one course for the two players. Unless you're playing online in two different locations, then no.

duffmmann

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're talking about on the same console rather than online, it was a bug. Mario Kart series ( as of the Wii and WiiU... ) only implement the ability to vote on one course for the two players. Unless you're playing online in two different locations, then no.

Indeed it is the same console. That's too bad that it was just a bug. The fact that it happened at all though makes me wonder if they did consider implementing the ability for both players to have a vote but then disabled/scrapped the feature for one reason or another.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F