Hardware Odd issue with o3ds

nero99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so here it is. I bought a 3ds for parts because of a bad charge port, i know how to fix this. But my question concerns the lcd screen. It looks like it has coffee in the screen it self. The screen still functions normally, but I was wanting to know if it's possible to remove the top layer of the lcd (the hard part of the screen) with out completely screwing up the screen so I can wipe that junk off. Or would I be better off just installing a different screen? I'll post pics of what I am talking about once I'm off work later today/tonight.

nero99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeh you can change the top screen plastic by heating it up and peeling it off. a replacement can be bought here http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Repla...328905?hash=item33aaa5dd49:g:rRsAAOSwunJWFAVI

It sounds strange to have a stain behind the plastic.. has it been water damaged at some point ?
No idea. I took it apart, and found that the stain is inside the LCD itself. So yeah, gotta put a new screen in now. It was like the person that sold it for parts dropped it in coffee or something

SmileCitrus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is way more trouble than it's worth, but you actually can open up the LCD and clean out the coffee. When liquid spills on the LCD it leaves stains on the backlight when it dries. You can often clean it off using isopropyl alchohol and a microfiber cloth. It's really hard to do without leaving fingerprints or accidentally trapping dust inside though and since replacement LCDs are so cheap, it's not worth the trouble of trying to clean up the old one.

nero99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is way more trouble than it's worth, but you actually can open up the LCD and clean out the coffee. When liquid spills on the LCD it leaves stains on the backlight when it dries. You can often clean it off using isopropyl alchohol and a microfiber cloth. It's really hard to do without leaving fingerprints or accidentally trapping dust inside though and since replacement LCDs are so cheap, it's not worth the trouble of trying to clean up the old one.
Already swapped the screen with one from a non working system. But just for fun, I'm going to try this since the screen is junk anyway

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o