Hacking Occasional DREs

avexdevil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it normal that my modded wii occasionally presents a disc read error? it doesn't matter whether the dvd i put in is an original or a backup. it seems to occur when I play a backup game for say a long duration of time, then when I go back to the wii menu , insert an original game, try to start it I always get a freeze at load screen or a DRE (and vice versa, ie original game played then insert backup). But upon resetting my wii, it will work for sure. I've tried cycling games in and out my modded wii, and they all seem to load fine on the wii menu
smile.gif

It's not a big problem, but it makes me feel uneasy because of instability.

avexdevil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
swapping the disc in and out on the wii menu work almost 98% of the time. i doubt it is the soldering, because a bad installation would mean the discs can't be read at all. i was hoping to hear this is a normal problems the wiikey faces.

cardyology

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My wii does this too.

Its only like 2% of the time.

One or two games usually do it

Excite truck - NTSC & the Bigs - (pal wii) both burned to cheap media but I've burned 50 games to the same media & they play fine.

If I get a DRE, I usually try a different backup or an original, then go back to the DRE on & it works.

Just a bit annoyiong.

avexdevil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yea 2% sounds about right, i don't have to swap them around, just a nice reboot would do it. it never happens in the middle of the game tho, just after a disc swap...

glad to hear
smile.gif

pnut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I too have had these problems with occasional DRE's.... Switch media and make sure you burn at 8X and use Nero. At least that is what worked for me. I used to burn at 4X and used ImgBurn and got alot more DREs

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I use Verbatim and burn in IMGBurn with 2,4x speed.
Never hade an problem. Except for scratches om the dvds but thats my fault, not to put them in a cd-case.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-