The Neautral Gamer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Spirit1.jpg

For those Zelda gamers out there who love to think that Nintendo actually does have this rich history behind the land of Hyrule and that all of the games are deeply interconnected, then Hyrule Historia is the gift that keeps on giving. While most of the Japanese Zelda fans will have already probed the vast tome of Zelda information already, we English-speakers are having a slower time of it as each page is painstakingly translated for us by fans.
And with the official timeline already revealed, some thought that that was all there was to be revealed. Not so! Zelda Universe forum member The Baton of the Wind revealed last night a connection between Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess that many theorists had been debating over for quite some time. However, now we can easily say with certainty that the Hero’s Shade from Twilight Princess is indeed OoT’s very own Hero of Time.
From Hyrule Historia, the text reads:

When Link first set foot in the Twilight, the crest of the Triforce of Courage shined on the back of his hand; when he returned to human-form he wore clothes the hero wore. Link is taught mysteries from the ghost of the hero of time. Since he returned to his childhood, he’d felt regret that he would leave his name as hero. Therefore, the “son” of Link speaks proof of the courage he inheirited mysteriously.​
Looking back on it, the connection does seem pretty clear, though everything always seems 20/20 when you already know the answer. However, when you stop and think about the fact that Twilight Princess exists the only timeline in which the Hero of Time actually survives and exists makes it pretty clear that Miyamoto and Aonuma must have been doing some conspiring here all along to help tell a more cohesive Zelda timeline, even if all of the details weren’t actually revealed in-game but merely hinted at.
What other little secrets will we discover in this book? It certainly makes me hungry for an official translation!

People were already debating this but we can say finally that that guy is in deed MM Link

Source

Reactions: 4 people

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It might be 'cause I didn't play Twilight Princess more than once, but I don't understand what's being said :x Is that dude that teaches you new weapon tricks (the pic up there) supposed to be an old Link then?

This timeline info doesn't seem very concrete to me personally :x It feels like someone just tried to connect elements they thought could be connected, not that were intended to be connected.

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It might be 'cause I didn't play Twilight Princess more than once, but I don't understand what's being said :x Is that dude that teaches you new weapon tricks (the pic up there) supposed to be an old Link then?

This timeline info doesn't seem very concrete to me personally :x It feels like someone just tried to connect elements they thought could be connected, not that were intended to be connected.

that guy is link from the MM timeline

dragonkid6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This isn't really "proof", in fact the creator of the original topic is over reaching. It has been long debated that OoT Link is the Hero of Time but it didn't prove he was the Hero's Shade. And with SS, many have begone to suspect that he is the Hero's Shade. This article says doesn't have any new information, he's just saying the "the Hyrule Historia says it OoT Link" when in fact it doesn't. It's nothing more information manipulation, the reader figures hes not lying since he gave proof without even checking if it makes sense. Nothing from the passage he quoted says which link is the Hero's Shade.

Ben_j

Trophies
Website
www.nintendo-gamers.net
XP
Country
France
However, when you stop and think about the fact that Twilight Princess exists the only timeline in which the Hero of Time actually survives and exists makes it pretty clear that Miyamoto and Aonuma must have been doing some conspiring here all along to help tell a more cohesive Zelda timelin

I dont understand... TP is in the Child era timeline, which means, Ganondorf is stopped from the beginning and the hero of time disappears in Majora's Mask. This contradicts this theory.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
This isn't really "proof", in fact the creator of the original topic is over reaching. It has been long debated that OoT Link is the Hero of Time but it didn't prove he was the Hero's Shade. And with SS, many have begone to suspect that he is the Hero's Shade. This article says doesn't have any new information, he's just saying the "the Hyrule Historia says it OoT Link" when in fact it doesn't. It's nothing more information manipulation, the reader figures hes not lying since he gave proof without even checking if it makes sense. Nothing from the passage he quoted says which link is the Hero's Shade.
Well, there IS proof, actually.
  1. The Hero's Shade looks like a Stalfos.
  2. Hylians who go into the Lost Woods become a Stalfos.
  3. Link wasn't exactly a child in Majora's Mask. He was much older, as seen when the Kokiri Sword he wielded was much smaller than it used to be. It was a wimpy knife compared to how the sword was in Ocarina of Time.
  4. In Majora's Mask, Link goes into the Lost Woods to find Navi.
  5. It's not known whether or not Link ever made it back to Kokiri Forest.
From this, we can assume that Link probably fell victim to the woods' dark magic.

However, when you stop and think about the fact that Twilight Princess exists the only timeline in which the Hero of Time actually survives and exists makes it pretty clear that Miyamoto and Aonuma must have been doing some conspiring here all along to help tell a more cohesive Zelda timelin

I dont understand... TP is in the Child era timeline, which means, Ganondorf is stopped from the beginning and the hero of time disappears in Majora's Mask. This contradicts this theory.
No, that's not what they mean.

They mean Link survives and exists for any period of time after the game ends.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I hope you guys see why I absolutely refuse to accept that there is a timeline in the Zelda series.
I hope you see why having no timeline in the Zelda series makes absolutely no sense.

How would it not make sense? Even when shit is being proved by Nintendo, people are still stupid and debate over it and say "nope, they're wrong".

The way that I've always taken the Zelda games, the way that I'll always continue to take the Zelda games, is that each installment is it's own story. They don't connect to each other. There's no overall story to the land of Hyrule. Each game is just different. Not everything needs a timeline.

Reactions: 2 people

mr deez

Trophies
XP
Country
I hope you guys see why I absolutely refuse to accept that there is a timeline in the Zelda series.
I hope you see why having no timeline in the Zelda series makes absolutely no sense.

So lets fabricate one then.

Listen, these games were NOT created with any overarching story. no way. If fans enjoy Nintendo coming with a bit of back story now, great, but they didn't have this in mind all along.... and to my mind, it adds nothing whatsoever to the games anyway, I've played pretty much every Zelda game but I wouldn't say the story is important or even that good in the series. It does a job but nothing more.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This makes as much sense as trying to tie the Final Fantasy games together.

It doesn't.
Final Fantasy games were never intended to be the same universe. I think that fact was even mentioned in Dissidia (I haven't played the game in a long time, don't quote me on that). The different Zelda games have always mentioned one another, Final Fantasy doesn't.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even when shit is being proved by Nintendo, people are still stupid and debate over it and say "nope, they're wrong".
The most of what I been seeing is debate about explaining the timeline, not denying it. This thread is only confirming a theory of small details.
The way that I've always taken the Zelda games, the way that I'll always continue to take the Zelda games, is that each installment is it's own story. They don't connect to each other. There's no overall story to the land of Hyrule. Each game is just different. Not everything needs a timeline.
Thinking about them as their own game, thinking they didn't need to connect or/and that the timeline doesn't do anything for you,(which all that is fine) doesn't mean there isn't connections and a timeline.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)