NXMP Nintendo Switch Media Player

nxmp-banner.jpg

NXMP is an open-source Nintendo Switch media player based on MPV and FFMPEG, supporting a wide range of media file formats and codecs.
NXMP is coded by @proconsule54 and @darkxex

It support HTTP,FTP,SFTP,Samba,NFS streaming and it also support Enigma2 decoders. Starting from 0.7.0 Version it features HW Decoding for H264,HEVC,VP9,VP8,MPEG2 up to 4K HDR@30fps

NXMP it's on early versions and active dev state so expect any kind of bugs, anyways it's fully functional and tested before every release

Project repository|Stable Build
Stable: v0.9.0

Features:
  • HW Decoding (since v0.7.0) for (H264,HEVC,VP9,VP8,MPEG2)
  • Extense support of media file formats and codecs, including audio too as well​
  • Touch and controller support, control the MP as you want​
  • Video deinterlace support
  • Advanced image settings, configure the brightness and color options, change aspect ratio and rotate the screen​
  • Custom subtitles, you can configure options like color, text size and position to your preferences​
  • Full sound EQ, allow adjust the sound equalizer to your preferences, you can define presets too​
  • Chapters navigator with titles support​
  • Selector of Video/Audio/Subtitle tracks during play​
  • Playlist queue, allow to enque desired files on a playlist for non-stop play​
  • Resume play, you can continue your videos where you previusly stop it​
  • Watch status, watched videos are marked as green on file explorer​
  • Shadermania, you can apply any shader compatible with MPV to NXMP​

Media sources supported:
  • Nintendo Switch SD Card
  • USB drive attached to dock or Switch with USB C adapter (FAT, NTFS and EXT4, up to 32 drives)
  • HTTP/S files through network
  • FTP and SFTP files
  • Samba (SMB) files shared throught network
  • NFS
  • Enigma2 (allow to view TV channel from satellite decoders compatible with this protocol)

Screenshoots:

2021110300034400.jpg2021110300031500.jpg2021110300032100.jpg2021110300023000.jpg

Post here any kind of bug/suggestions.
Enjoy!

Thanks to libusbhsfs https://github.com/DarkMatterCore/libusbhsfs for USB drives support
Thanks to @averne for HW Decoding FFMpeg! and for many many hints
Thanks to @bodyXY for the banner and the icons!
Thanks to @Godorowski for player UI design and releated icons
Thanks to @Chocola for beta testing a player guide

Last edited by proconsule54,

proconsule54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I moved to an OLD (very OLD) source of sqlite that seems to be stable, probably it lacks many features a modern sqlite has but for what i need for NXMP it should be ok.
It uses native sqlite vfs so it wuold be pretty stable.

proconsule54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Its time to do a stress test on sqlite db on the switch, if all is ok expect a release in the next days full of goddies and with some fixes.
Hope the db will not corrupt in this test!

Edit:

Test done and is ok (only one problem with lock file that for strange reson not be deleted but no corruption)

Last edited by proconsule54,

FFTW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dev Update:
Current resume implementation i am working on will have this behavior
If the current video position is less than 5 minutes resume will not be saved
if the remaning video time is less than 5 minutes the video is considered complete and the resume entry is deleted.

is that a good behavior for all (maybe i'll add user defined times but not in the first release)?
I think that is way too much, and I personally hope you make it way less. Like, one minute each way. It is 2.30minutes on Kodi and I still feel many times that that is too much, and it isn't like making it 1 minute will affect those that want to start from the beginning again as they can just choose the "start from the beginning " option out of the two, so I would really appreciate if you made it 1 minute instead.

Also, can you add different icons for Watched/Currently Watching/Haven't watched so that we can know with a glance the status of all the videos we have?

Reactions: proconsule54

TheRocK

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
View attachment 284033
Resume settings.
What can be a better text to understand this settings?
like 5% from the beginning of file and 5% from the end of file?
In Kodi the setting is named <ignorepercentatstart> and <ignopercentsatend> and you have to change it manually in an .xml I guess yours is pretty well understandable and also pretty comfortable.

Just for reference the default values in Kodi are 2:30 seconds from the start and 10% at the end. But I guess percent values are better overall.

https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Modify_automatic_watch_and_resume_points

proconsule54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks to @TotalJustice in the future versions of NXMP will be support for crunchyroll and funanimation.
He sends me all relevant source code to support it and is only a matter of "merge" into NXMP to get it working.
Probably not in the next version but for sure it will be implemented soon.

Thanks a lot @TotalJustice !

proconsule54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
for the audio player i probably will move from mpv to another library, but not sure when it will be.
I didn't try to compile flac support, if it will be "easy" for sure i will add it

TotalJustice

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
do you plan to include support for flac? That would be awesome.

thanks for the app @proconsule54, great job!
for now at least (using mpv), flac should just work. does the file not play?

for the audio player i probably will move from mpv to another library, but not sure when it will be.
I didn't try to compile flac support, if it will be "easy" for sure i will add it
which library did you have in mind? i found mpv to be good enough for the most part, though didnt look around at anything else

proconsule54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
do you plan to include support for flac? That would be awesome.

thanks for the app @proconsule54, great job!
Honestly i never tried but since it use ffmpeg it should play
which library did you have in mind? i found mpv to be good enough for the most part, though didnt look around at anything else
mpv is very very good but using for audio is in my opinion like using a bulldozer to move a small rock.

maybe i can move to mpg123 or others just to have the freedom of display albumart in the way i want and more important have the audio samples back ( to make some cool video effect like fft spectrum / use shaders in sync with music and other cool ideas that remind me the old times of winamp vis plugins)

but i dont think about a specific library, maybe just direcly use ffmpeg, i dont know.

Reactions: asper

euamotubaina

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
for now at least (using mpv), flac should just work. does the file not play?
I tried once a few days ago (in 0.3.0 I guess) and it didn't work, and I couldn't find any specific mention about flac support looking elsewhere

also flac support (is already present but i forgot to add .flac to allowed extension)
thanks man

one last thing, since we're here. the lastfm scrobbler lua script for mpv needs python, so I guess it is not portable to nxmp, right?

I'm loving the app, thanks again

proconsule54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
one last thing, since we're here. the lastfm scrobbler lua script for mpv needs python, so I guess it is not portable to nxmp, right?
yes, NXMP have lua support but if the lua scripts uses external programs (like python) is not portable

to test flac rename to a supported extension like mp3, it should open and play. (just a workaround to test it, in the next version the extension will be added)

Reactions: euamotubaina

euamotubaina

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
yes, NXMP have lua support but if the lua scripts uses external programs (like python) is not portable

to test flac rename to a supported extension like mp3, it should open and play. (just a workaround to test it, in the next version the extension will be added)
thanks man, it works nice. looking forward for the next releases

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UyxeZ7JYwZs&pp=ygUJVnIgaXMgZ2F5 +1