NXMP Nintendo Switch Media Player

nxmp-banner.jpg

NXMP is an open-source Nintendo Switch media player based on MPV and FFMPEG, supporting a wide range of media file formats and codecs.
NXMP is coded by @proconsule54 and @darkxex

It support HTTP,FTP,SFTP,Samba,NFS streaming and it also support Enigma2 decoders. Starting from 0.7.0 Version it features HW Decoding for H264,HEVC,VP9,VP8,MPEG2 up to 4K HDR@30fps

NXMP it's on early versions and active dev state so expect any kind of bugs, anyways it's fully functional and tested before every release

Project repository|Stable Build
Stable: v0.9.0

Features:
  • HW Decoding (since v0.7.0) for (H264,HEVC,VP9,VP8,MPEG2)
  • Extense support of media file formats and codecs, including audio too as well​
  • Touch and controller support, control the MP as you want​
  • Video deinterlace support
  • Advanced image settings, configure the brightness and color options, change aspect ratio and rotate the screen​
  • Custom subtitles, you can configure options like color, text size and position to your preferences​
  • Full sound EQ, allow adjust the sound equalizer to your preferences, you can define presets too​
  • Chapters navigator with titles support​
  • Selector of Video/Audio/Subtitle tracks during play​
  • Playlist queue, allow to enque desired files on a playlist for non-stop play​
  • Resume play, you can continue your videos where you previusly stop it​
  • Watch status, watched videos are marked as green on file explorer​
  • Shadermania, you can apply any shader compatible with MPV to NXMP​

Media sources supported:
  • Nintendo Switch SD Card
  • USB drive attached to dock or Switch with USB C adapter (FAT, NTFS and EXT4, up to 32 drives)
  • HTTP/S files through network
  • FTP and SFTP files
  • Samba (SMB) files shared throught network
  • NFS
  • Enigma2 (allow to view TV channel from satellite decoders compatible with this protocol)

Screenshoots:

2021110300034400.jpg2021110300031500.jpg2021110300032100.jpg2021110300023000.jpg

Post here any kind of bug/suggestions.
Enjoy!

Thanks to libusbhsfs https://github.com/DarkMatterCore/libusbhsfs for USB drives support
Thanks to @averne for HW Decoding FFMpeg! and for many many hints
Thanks to @bodyXY for the banner and the icons!
Thanks to @Godorowski for player UI design and releated icons
Thanks to @Chocola for beta testing a player guide

Last edited by proconsule54,

duckbill007

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I have 4 instances of Kodi installed on rpi. Some of them almost 5 years now. Kodi constantly stores it's data to SQLite bases on SD card and all of them still perfect. So there's no wearing SD card due to media player usage.

Reactions: proconsule54

proconsule54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Release:
https://github.com/proconsule/nxmp/releases/tag/v0.5.0

- SQLite database for positions resume
- New Player GUI
- EQ presets (in eqpresets.ini)
- HTTPS and HLS support
- FLAC extension added
- Fixed negative pos seek
- Added custom port support in Enigma2
- Changed event loop (to fix some bugs)

Enjoy!

FFTW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently testing it, and I have an issue. I always exit after watching by pressing the home menu and closing the application (or by just turning the system off, but that I wouldn't do on switch anyway due to the need to apply the hack again everytime you turn it on), but if I do that here the resume data is wiped out, probably due to the "only save on proper exit using + to the HB Menu" condition you put. can you make saving the resume data every time one exits a video an option for people like me? thanks :)

Chocola

GBAtemp Meowgular
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Currently testing it, and I have an issue. I always exit after watching by pressing the home menu and closing the application (or by just turning the system off, but that I wouldn't do on switch anyway due to the need to apply the hack again everytime you turn it on), but if I do that here the resume data is wiped out, probably due to the "only save on proper exit using + to the HB Menu" condition you put. can you make saving the resume data every time one exits a video an option for people like me? thanks :)

I can confirm it, I forget that scenario during my tests, for now exit the player with "+" button, this close the homebrew and handle the save to db fine.

I think that should exist a destroy or atleast onClose hook method on homebrew main.cpp to handle these things on this scenarios.

Really sorry about that, plain to test this cases but totally forget it when I try to reproduce some issues.

FFTW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes was an untested scenario, a micro release with a fix for it will arrive soon

Edit:
fixed, i forgot to add the close applet behavior.
wait to see it other major bugs are reported and a 0.5.1 will be released
Thanks for this! also, can you make browsing the app using the left joystick possible? now you can only browse using the d-pad not the joystick.

Also, now that we have resume implemented, here is my updated request list :)

1- The ability to browse the app using the left joystick

2- Having the player mark the videos that you have watched and those that you are in the middle of watching, and tell you when you last watched them with separate icons.

3-The option to sort by grid with thumbnails instead of as a list.

4 and 5- The ability to connect to a database to provide information on the show you are watching, as well as the ability to connect to a subtitles database to provide subtitles in varying languages for said show (those 2 are from Movian).

6- adding the option within the player to enable boost mode for specific videos (and disable it when you exit the player) for Improved playback for 1080p, as a few of my 1080p videos either stutter and have the video lagging heavily behind the audio, or simply get stuck at "buffering video" in the start and not play at all.

PS: Thanks again for all your great work :)

Chocola

GBAtemp Meowgular
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Thanks for this! also, can you make browsing the app using the left joystick possible? now you can only browse using the d-pad not the joystick.

Also, now that we have resume implemented, here is my updated request list :)

1- The ability to browse the app using the left joystick

2- Having the player mark the videos that you have watched and those that you are in the middle of watching, and tell you when you last watched them with separate icons.

3-The option to sort by grid with thumbnails instead of as a list.

4 and 5- The ability to connect to a database to provide information on the show you are watching, as well as the ability to connect to a subtitles database to provide subtitles in varying languages for said show (those 2 are from Movian).

6- adding the option within the player to enable boost mode for specific videos (and disable it when you exit the player) for Improved playback for 1080p, as a few of my 1080p videos either stutter and have the video lagging heavily behind the audio, or simply get stuck at "buffering video" in the start and not play at all.

PS: Thanks again for all your great work :)

That are good suggestions and are planned, the SQLite integration are for library things too, but he release first with only resume playing feature to test.

This first releases are focused on stability and bugs, but as I know, the library system are on todo list :P

To scrape data for library system (and subtitle download too) it's necesary implement HTTP client too, but I think that aren't a problem for proconsule54 ;)

I starting to learn and try with homebrew to help him and the project with pull requests as may possible, maybe soon we can work together to make the development more fluid if he don't have problem with it.

Thanks to all for your support, proconsule54 are working hard on this project and I love how all of you write here to support him ^^

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
First of all @proconsule54 , take care of your son, nothing is more important in life than our beloved souls. Hope he will get better very soon, in these hard times we all living.

I wanted to thank you for your amazing work. Being following this thread since the beginning, and made my first test with your last release.

It works amazing well on my setup.
I ‘m currently watching an hdrip (mp4) on docked mode on my 32 “ uhd hdr Benq monitor and sound bar , with sysclk enabled temporarily (max), from usb and it runs very well. Image and sound .

Will try other HD sources (1080p, hdlight codec) to see how it’s going.

Again, thanks for your work. An easy very powerful multimedia player that you can carry with you all over the world. 👍😉

Godorowski

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
My son is ill and i cant reply to the messages. sorry.
Tomorrow i will release a fix for the reported issue.

Leave development for a while, don’t need to rush.
Take care of little noobconsule10 or whatever his nick is here ;)

We can wait a bit after You spoiled us here.

If You need something that can help you in this moment just blink twice.

Will DPD ASAP good ass Polish vodka or big bottle of honeymead. It wont help your son but winter will be a lot warmer for You.

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Leave development for a while, don’t need to rush.
Take care of little noobconsule10 or whatever his nick is here ;)

We can wait a bit after You spoiled us here.

If You need something that can help you in this moment just blink twice.

Will DPD ASAP good ass Polish vodka or big bottle of honeymead. It wont help your son but winter will be a lot warmer for You.
I live half a year , every years since quite a long time on the mountains, during the winters (2800 meters in the french alps) and work outside during this time. I do know the feeling 🙄😉… great proposal you did to @proconsule54 😉👋

Last edited by Maupiti,
Reactions: proconsule54

Chocola

GBAtemp Meowgular
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Thanks to all, my son is starting to get better, child often get ill going at school.
I have time thinking about the future develop of NXMP, have some goddies in mind. stay tunned for previews.

Ocurrs the same to my kid, It is very cold and he didn't stop playing with his friends without care of it.

Two weeks ago got sick, he recover and want to go to school the last day because halloween party, and only on this day, he back again sick.

They are children, they are things that will continue to happen but the positive point is that they recover easily.

I'm happy to read that he are recovering xP

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O