NXMP Nintendo Switch Media Player

nxmp-banner.jpg

NXMP is an open-source Nintendo Switch media player based on MPV and FFMPEG, supporting a wide range of media file formats and codecs.
NXMP is coded by @proconsule54 and @darkxex

It support HTTP,FTP,SFTP,Samba,NFS streaming and it also support Enigma2 decoders. Starting from 0.7.0 Version it features HW Decoding for H264,HEVC,VP9,VP8,MPEG2 up to 4K HDR@30fps

NXMP it's on early versions and active dev state so expect any kind of bugs, anyways it's fully functional and tested before every release

Project repository|Stable Build
Stable: v0.9.0

Features:
  • HW Decoding (since v0.7.0) for (H264,HEVC,VP9,VP8,MPEG2)
  • Extense support of media file formats and codecs, including audio too as well​
  • Touch and controller support, control the MP as you want​
  • Video deinterlace support
  • Advanced image settings, configure the brightness and color options, change aspect ratio and rotate the screen​
  • Custom subtitles, you can configure options like color, text size and position to your preferences​
  • Full sound EQ, allow adjust the sound equalizer to your preferences, you can define presets too​
  • Chapters navigator with titles support​
  • Selector of Video/Audio/Subtitle tracks during play​
  • Playlist queue, allow to enque desired files on a playlist for non-stop play​
  • Resume play, you can continue your videos where you previusly stop it​
  • Watch status, watched videos are marked as green on file explorer​
  • Shadermania, you can apply any shader compatible with MPV to NXMP​

Media sources supported:
  • Nintendo Switch SD Card
  • USB drive attached to dock or Switch with USB C adapter (FAT, NTFS and EXT4, up to 32 drives)
  • HTTP/S files through network
  • FTP and SFTP files
  • Samba (SMB) files shared throught network
  • NFS
  • Enigma2 (allow to view TV channel from satellite decoders compatible with this protocol)

Screenshoots:

2021110300034400.jpg2021110300031500.jpg2021110300032100.jpg2021110300023000.jpg

Post here any kind of bug/suggestions.
Enjoy!

Thanks to libusbhsfs https://github.com/DarkMatterCore/libusbhsfs for USB drives support
Thanks to @averne for HW Decoding FFMpeg! and for many many hints
Thanks to @bodyXY for the banner and the icons!
Thanks to @Godorowski for player UI design and releated icons
Thanks to @Chocola for beta testing a player guide

Last edited by proconsule54,

proconsule54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
YES!!!! Deinterlace with gpu shader works!!!!!
No performace impact, it works like it supposed to be! Thanks OpenGL!
This feature will be in the next release, with audio equalizer also!
I am a bit proud of that.

2021110319411100.jpg2021110319423700.jpg

It is a "hack" not a state of the art deintrlace, is basicaly a blend on the filed but make the image looks lot better.

proconsule54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The only drawback is that since is a gpu shader is not possible (for now) to set it on the fly but during the init of opengl context.
i have set also an option auto that activate the shader when an interlaced content comes so on a progressive content is ignored and used only on interlaced one.

This will benefit all who are looking at livetv since all other contents are progressive for sure.

TheRocK

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Release:
https://github.com/proconsule/nxmp/releases/tag/v0.4.0

- added Auto Audio Language Selection
- added Image Controls
- added Audio Controls
- changed USB device list aspect
- fixed empty folder crash

report bug/issue , some older code changed so bug can be present.
Enjoy

Load time via FTP has drastically improved. It is now <10 seconds, but it still crashes on a larger folder with many subfolders, also scrolling through files is slower on folders >100 files. Otherwise great improvements overall with the menu controls.

proconsule54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Load time via FTP has drastically improved. It is now <10 seconds, but it still crashes on a larger folder with many subfolders, also scrolling through files is slower on folders >100 files. Otherwise great improvements overall with the menu controls.
I have to check on my fritz making many folders, keep in mind that fritzbox ftp have non complaint response so it can take time.
on a regular ftp this will not happens (as far as i know)

Reactions: TheRocK

proconsule54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok last test for the release was good, deinterlace (that can be set on settings page) can now work also on the fly.
The shader is working as expected and give fare better quality on interlaced streams.

I dont know if make a 0.4.1 or a 0.5.0 since some features are added...i'll think about it

proconsule54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Release:
https://github.com/proconsule/nxmp/releases/tag/v0.4.1

- Added Audio equalizer (5 and 18 band)
- Subtitle Sub-Menu (Sub Position & Sub Delay)
- GPU Deinterlace (wow it works!)
- fixed right menu not disappear on file end
- new icons thanks @bodyXY

Enjoy!
Post bugs/issues here (on my side seems all stable but with more features bugs are difficult to be discovered)

Godorowski

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
also I have this idea that's so bad that makes it awesome.

Can You check movie fps versus actual fps during playback?
Let's say soft finds out that movie isnt working with fullspeed so it suggest conversion using ffmpeg.

ffmpeg -i input -map 0 -c:v libx264 -crf 18 -vf format=yuv420p -c:a copy output.mkv

This will take some time using switch cpu but hey - it will make this movie perfectly playable and it's not bad idea to add this imho. It's still better than downloading another copy of movie in H264, while most copies now comes in H265 that sucks hard without GPU/a.

// If fps method would suck then option in menu with lets say 3 default conversion presets will do the job.

Last edited by Godorowski,

proconsule54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
also I have this idea that's so bad that makes it awesome.

Can You check movie fps versus actual fps during playback?
Let's say soft finds out that movie isnt working with fullspeed so it suggest conversion using ffmpeg.

ffmpeg -i input -map 0 -c:v libx264 -crf 18 -vf format=yuv420p -c:a copy output.mkv

This will take some time using switch cpu but hey - it will make this movie perfectly playable and it's not bad idea to add this imho. It's still better than downloading another copy of movie in H264, while most copies now comes in H265 that sucks hard without GPU/a.

// If fps method would suck then option in menu with lets say 3 default conversion presets will do the job.
maybe in the future, now i am focus on finish all the ui parts (the audio part is completly absent for example).
But thanks for the suggestion.

Reactions: Godorowski

proconsule54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Dont worry i can continue to dev on NXMP but since i cant test it i cant do releases. I hope is only for some days until i found a new one

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its similar to IBM's ViaVoice.