Homebrew RELEASE NX Activity Log - View (slightly) more detailed play statistics!

Csmrcc

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I've just released another update which now displays play activity by day, month and year (finally)! The app can also now override the User Page by toggling an option in the application's settings. Please see GitHub for everything else I've added/changed: https://github.com/tallbl0nde/NX-Activity-Log/releases/tag/v1.1.0
Hi, this homebrew doesnt stop to improve, i remember the black and white first release hehe.
I was going to ask for some mini-tutorial or link or help about how to override the user data (with layerfs) to set correct (but erased) time of play.
:unsure:
I just update atmosphere to test this setting :D
Thank you!

Reactions: tallbl0nde

tallbl0nde

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi, this homebrew doesnt stop to improve, i remember the black and white first release hehe.
I was going to ask for some mini-tutorial or link or help about how to override the user data (with layerfs) to set correct (but erased) time of play.
:unsure:
I just update atmosphere to test this setting :D
Thank you!
Sorry I'm not quite sure what you mean. The only functionality I have using layeredfs is to override/change the user page applet so it launches the homebrew instead. There's an option within the app to turn this on and off.

Reactions: Csmrcc

tallbl0nde

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Nice work!

Though I can’t get user page override to work. I get an Atmosphere crash report.

I'm on 9.1.0 with Atmosphere 0.10.1
This is most likely because the .nro isn't in the right spot. It should be at /switch/NX-Activity-Log.nro

I'll add a check/message in the future as this has happened to a few people.

Reactions: matt! and Stban0626

Csmrcc

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Sorry I'm not quite sure what you mean. The only functionality I have using layeredfs is to override/change the user page applet so it launches the homebrew instead. There's an option within the app to turn this on and off.
ok ok, i misunderstood i think, i thought you were talking about override game time´s data so we can add for example 4 hours of gaming to zelda

matt!

Trophies
Website
www.gingerbeardman.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is most likely because the .nro isn't in the right spot. It should be at /switch/NX-Activity-Log.nro

I'll add a check/message in the future as this has happened to a few people.
You're right! Thanks.

I had originally downloaded your app through the Homebrew App Store which puts it in a folder.

Maybe the app could move (copy/launch/delete) itself if it's in the wrong location?

Reactions: tallbl0nde

tallbl0nde

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
ok ok, i misunderstood i think, i thought you were talking about override game time´s data so we can add for example 4 hours of gaming to zelda
That's still coming, that won't require layeredfs as I'll just add hours on within my app,

You're right! Thanks.

I had originally downloaded your app through the Homebrew App Store which puts it in a folder.

Maybe the app could move (copy/launch/delete) itself if it's in the wrong location?
Ah, I didn't think of that. Next update I'll set everything up so that it has to be in it's own folder and make sure it checks it's in the right folder before installing the forwarder so I don't confuse everyone.

Reactions: matt!

Csmrcc

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
That's still coming, that won't require layeredfs as I'll just add hours on within my app,

Ah, I didn't think of that. Next update I'll set everything up so that it has to be in it's own folder and make sure it checks it's in the right folder before installing the forwarder so I don't confuse everyone.
Ok ok, :D that was my mistake then
Wishing a great release again
Thanks!

SuperHans111

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
When I try to use the overridden userpage, my switch crashes. I am on AMS 0.10.1

EDIT: I read the post about putting the .nro in the correct location. I will try that.

Last edited by SuperHans111,

Woopox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! Great work on this! I'm on SX OS and I have a small issue. Whenever I try to toggle the option to override the user page, the app freezes. I double-checked and the nro is in the right place, with the right name. Any idea why?

tallbl0nde

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi! Great work on this! I'm on SX OS and I have a small issue. Whenever I try to toggle the option to override the user page, the app freezes. I double-checked and the nro is in the right place, with the right name. Any idea why?
Not sure, are you on an older version of sx perhaps? I doubt that would be the reason as all it does is check for some folders and then copies a file.

matt!

Trophies
Website
www.gingerbeardman.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No, because playtime != how long it took to beat.
The website caters for that.

It allows tracking of progress not just "how long to beat":

- Playing
- Backlog
- Replays
- Completed
- Retired
- Custom

(so "how long to beat" is a bad name for a site, but easy to remember)

Last edited by matt!,
Reactions: mathew77

tallbl0nde

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The website caters for that.

It allows tracking of progress not just "how long to beat":

- Playing
- Backlog
- Replays
- Completed
- Retired
- Custom

(so "how long to beat" is a bad name for a site, but easy to remember)
If I do add that it will be after I've completed the more important features, however I'd also need to look into if it's possible to submit using an API or something. It would be a neat feature to have, plus it would be a bit of fun to show average play times, etc. to compare against. So I guess it's a no for now, but maybe further down the track :)

Reactions: mathew77 and matt!

rafaelia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The page override doesn't work for me either, sxo latest vers with the nro in the right folder.
Can we manually set up layeredfs instead?

tallbl0nde

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The page override doesn't work for me either, sxo latest vers with the nro in the right folder.
Can we manually set up layeredfs instead?
Does it crash when you open the user page or when you try to install it?

The forwarder can be found at /sxos/titles/0100000000001013/exefs.nsp (after install). If it crashes while trying to install it you'd have to build this from source and copy /forwarder/exefs.nsp to the folder mentioned above.
Note that the .nro should be at /switch/NX-Activity-Log.nro, with that exact spelling and capitalization.

I'd recommend waiting until I release the next update as I've added checks to avoid this.

rafaelia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does it crash when you open the user page or when you try to install it?

The forwarder can be found at /sxos/titles/0100000000001013/exefs.nsp (after install). If it crashes while trying to install it you'd have to build this from source and copy /forwarder/exefs.nsp to the folder mentioned above.
Note that the .nro should be at /switch/NX-Activity-Log.nro, with that exact spelling and capitalization.

I'd recommend waiting until I release the next update as I've added checks to avoid this.

The user page still launches as stock. It fails during install, both when running via title redirection and in applet mode, with the message"Software closed because an error occurred".

I've double checked the folder structure and exact spelling/capitalization, which is all correct.

Also checked inside my sxos/titles folder to see if it had created anything, there is no 0100000000001013 folder there.

I don't know how to build from source so I'll wait for the next update.

Also if it helps I'm on system vers 9.1.0 and sxos vers 2.9.3, running on emunand, thanks for your hard work!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: hi