NUT GUI USB and Network installer for Tinfoil and SX Installer

Easiest way is to just download nut.exe to the directory where your NSP's are, and start it. Will install NSP's from your PC to the switch via USB or network connection. The games will show up on the switch (in the "new games" section) to install, the PC client is just a dumb server. Default username and password is guest/guest for network install.

# USB Install

Run server.py or Windows users can use the precompiled nut.exe in the release section.

Follow the directions found in the release page to install the USB driver.

After you run the server, ensure NSP's are visible in the list. If they are not, change the path and click the "scan" button.

Connect your USB cable from your switch to your PC.

Start Tinfoil or SX Installer, and all of the NSP's listed in nut server should now be available to install in Tinfoil or SX Installer.

# Network Install

Run server.py or Windows users can use the precompiled nut.exe in the release section.

After you run the server, ensure NSP's are visible in the list. If they are not, change the path and click the "scan" button.

Start Tinfoil or SX Installer, then go to locations, then select "Add New" location. Enter the ip, port, username, and password that is displayed in the nut server application, then press save.

All of the NSP's listed in nut server should now be available to install in Tinfoil or SX Installer.

https://tinfoil.io/Download#download

changelog:

- Scan path is now saved and remembered.
- Web GUI is now works with the windows release.
- Web gui optionally launches at application launch.
- Various bugfixes / enhancements to web gui.
- Fixed display bug where username did not display in gui.
- conf/users.conf is created, and users can edit their username and password there.
- fixed random error when initializing.

Last edited by blawar,

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Reactions: Reecey

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Once you have it mounted as a drive, just point nut server to that drive. and click scan.

you can also use rclone serve ftp to create an ftp interface for your gdrive for use with sx installer:

https://rclone.org/commands/rclone_serve_ftp/
No its not is there sorry is there anyway you can connect a gdrive to this nut server through an ftp address without limits I tried rclone but thats just to complicated I got my token but I cannot find the web address to connect. I tried lgma it has limits. Tried the mount cloud no good its limited as well. I also tried thegoogle-drive-ftp-adapter-jar-with-dependencies thing but that wont show up on sx installer only web browser.

Edit: sorry bud rclone way to complicated for me :(

Last edited by Reecey,

nabelo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can you try it without using google file stream? What is your CFW and OS?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Try plugging in the USB cable before you start Tinfoil / SX Installer.

I just tryed it with a local drive. This seems to work fine. So its something in relationship with google filestream. I'am using latest Kosmos (11.9) and switch firmware 6.2

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I just tryed it with a local drive. This seems to work fine. So its something in relationship with google filestream. I'am using latest Kosmos (11.9) and switch firmware 6.2
How did you set it up? Are you using a paid google drive account?

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
i can see the nsp files, but i can't send any one
i opened tinfoil usb install from the switch, but nothing happened.
don't know where to go from sx installer.

blawar

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i can see the nsp files, but i can't send any one
i opened tinfoil usb install from the switch, but nothing happened.
don't know where to go from sx installer.

It sounds like the wrong version of tinfoil, this is the one you need: https://github.com/digableinc/tinfoil

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

How fast is network install in comparison to USB?

depends on the speed of your SD card, and network interface on the switch. I use a USB gigabit adapter on my switch, and I install at ~30 MB/s with both network and USB because my SD card is a little slow. With my faster card, I can do about 40 MB/s with USB, and ~30 MB/s with ethernet.

With wifi, I get about 12 MB/s, some people have reported up to 25 MB/s with some exotic wifi routers.

Reactions: aos10

PyroGoat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How fast is network install in comparison to USB?
Will have to test but as seeing the switch capps out at 50mbps the quickest an 8GB file will transfer is greater than 20 mins.
8GB50mbps.JPG

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @HiradeGirl, https://a.co/d/6oECWAh