Hacking NTRCFW 3.4 Preview1(Support video output on New 3DS)

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
It will likely never work on an o3DS (though I could be wrong). From what I've heard, it's just not powerful enough.
It seems to be using additional N3DS hardware features too, so it looks like speed is only half of the story. Sadly it does mean that the O3DS is very unlikely to support the full features that NTR 3.4 offers.

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i remember reading that 3.4 preview 1 can only run 1 game, then if you try to load another afterwards it crashes.
does preview 2 fix this?

Doesn't look like it. Tried it for myself. Started RemotePlay on the home menu, started a game, exited game using Home, started a different game and I'm currently looping on the 3DS screen.

Reactions: cearp

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's a shame, thanks for trying though

No problem. I'm sure 44670 knows about it anyway. Personally, I also wonder if he's also looking into WiiU stuff since smealum released iosuhax and the 5.5.X kernel got leaked. Preview 3 I also would love to see how it improves stability and remoteplay. I never thought sending footage to your PC wirelessly would be remotely possible, let alone realtime saving.

Serei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not 100% that it wont work to switch games. From my playing around with this I'd say it's about 50% chance that it works switching games.

barky65

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anybody know of a way to not have to restart the 3ds everytime you want to switch games?

you shouldn't have to do that at all, just keep ntr viewer open and it's going to stream whatever is on the screen regardless of game. I would like to know, however, a way we can change the remoteplay() settings on the fly without having to restart the 3d. I can't seem to figure it out.

Kibido

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
you shouldn't have to do that at all, just keep ntr viewer open and it's going to stream whatever is on the screen regardless of game. I would like to know, however, a way we can change the remoteplay() settings on the fly without having to restart the 3d. I can't seem to figure it out.

There is a disconnect command in the command list but it's not doing much for me. Try giving it a shot.

ness151

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone help me troubleshoot running this? I can get it to run on my streetpass router (WRT54G running dd-wrt) just fine, but the connection on that is really spotty. On my Linksys E2500, it refuses to display the picture (but it still connects), so I'm unsure of where to continue troubleshooting. I've reset the router to defaults, I've port forwarded, I've DMZ'd, I've tried wired, I even tried using fakeproxy and yet it doesn't work, and I can't figure out why.. Maybe I'm overlooking something, but any ideas would help.

RandomKid150

Translator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason, when I enter "connect('192.168.0.113',8000)" into NTRDebugger, it freezes and gives me this error.

Am I doing something wrong? I installed NTR on my 3DS via FBI and ran it. Then I went back to the home menu and pressed X+Y and selected Enable debugger. Then I tried entering the IP above on the computer, and that's what happened.

Last edited by RandomKid150,

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Today I wanted to record something for some time and NTRClient is giving me "ilegal quality" error after typing "remoteplay()". Does anyone know why and how to solve this?

gabyelnuevo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I been using this streaming feature all this time, now out of nowhere I can't connect cuz its giving me the "window freezing and then won't connect" ....why..?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Damn McDonald's ice cream machine broken