Hacking NTRCFW 3.4 Preview1(Support video output on New 3DS)

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I'm having issues trying to record sound from my 3ds. I have the maleXmale aux cord and a mic/headphone jack on my laptop, but I'm not sure how to get my laptop to recognize it?
You'll need a screen recorder, since the NTR viewer doesn't come with recording capabilities. Once you've set up the screen recorder, make sure you set the audio input source as your line-in to record sound from the 3DS.

brkun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
getting problems on project mirai.

The ntrviewer stop streaming and only returns when i go back to home menu. When i return to the game, freezes.

Master-Killua

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I recorded yesterday a video showing you how to use Ntr 3.4 with video stream.
It's in spanish but it's understandable, and I show you how to get the 3ds IP.

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want a feature that allows you to plug in a USB controller to your computer (Like a mayflash adapter) and run a program that allows you to use said controller via NTR. Not sure if something like that exists yet.

RetroBitMig

Banana Boy
Trophies
Website
xn--yck0dzd.xn--q9jyb4c
XP
Country
United States
so just put
Code:
write(0x0105AE4, (0x70, 0x47), pid=0x1a)
into the box and hit enter then start oot and it will stay connected framerate is pretty good about 15-20 fps, seems most of the older games perform pretty well with this

Not sure if anybody else tested this with Pokemon, but I just tested out the code and there was no black screen upon loading. The only thing that happened was a popup error in the 3DS saying "An error has occured." and that was it, the game ran fine. Also, you can't connect to the Internet using this patch, so no Wondertrades.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found one big problem this streaming feature has: It does not work with any games that invoke a cheat plugin. soon after it loads, the stream cuts out as NTR chops all network connections including the debugger.

LunaLogic

Gimme DLDI please.
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I found one big problem this streaming feature has: It does not work with any games that invoke a cheat plugin. soon after it loads, the stream cuts out as NTR chops all network connections including the debugger.
Run NTR, run game, pause game, enable debugging mode, connect, enable video streaming. That's what the user guide said. I'm not sure if it works, because I haven't meet this kind of problem yet. To me, cheat plugin works fine with video output (Tested MHX and SteamWorld) .

And, I'm not sure whether anyone has mentioned this yet (I skipped many pages in this topic), but NTRViewer.exe itself supports adjusting window size and layout by using command line.
-l 0 ------Left-right layout
-l 1 ------Up-down layout
-t 1.0 ----Upper screen zooming factor 1.0
-b 1.0 ----Lower screen zooming factor 1.0

3D-on won't affect video output.

I get "FPS<9" on testing games I have. That's just like playing slide.:cry:

Last edited by LunaLogic,

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hopefully later builds get sound. I'd like to see the option to store to SD, but I doubt it's possible since we'd need a video format that has a very low file size, and that would probably have to be compressed (I have no knowledge of how video formats actually work, but doubt we could have the video compressing while being recorded).

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pokemon Omega Ruby and Y show black screen on NTRViewer for me. :sad:

are you running the multi cheat plugin for Pokemon? I noticed that NTR will cut off all network access including it's own debugger (and the streaming) soon after the plugin is loaded.
any cheat plugin should cause this to happen.

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got some decent speed with KH3D considering my awful connection. I'll do an ethernet connection tomorrow with a laptop (my desktop's ethernet drivers aren't working) and record it.

Ridge

they/them
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Norway
Works really nice actually, hopefully they'll add sound to it.

ABkYUmp.png

After running for a bit, the framerate seems to drop tho. That happened in both Ridge Racer 3D and Ace Attorney Trilogy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: the voices inside my head