Hacking NTRCFW 3.4 Preview1(Support video output on New 3DS)

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used it in pokémon X and when I used my save, the screen in the computer stayed in black. Going to home menu and coming again to the game solved it, but I thought I should report it.

abdellbobo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
on jp pdf :
In the official version will be released later in addition to video transmission function, other features will support the old 3ds

Eskuero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that probably the video feature can be ported and get it working on old3DS, but it lacks the extra power new3ds has to keep running the game smoothly at the same time it streams through wifi, so the problem is not about getting it to work but about if it's worth doing so when it will be on a unusable state.

Reactions: NekoMichi

abdellbobo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
we don't know how the software works on it so we cannot judge on it.I think that the developer it is not an idiot to put on video feature in unusable state.

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
we don't know how the software works on it so we cannot judge on it.I think that the developer it is not an idiot to put on video feature in unusable state.
Stop trying that way. No, it won't work in O3DS. You just have to see how it works on new to know that. The simplest games don't even work, and not to say about Xenoblade...

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Stop trying that way. No, it won't work in O3DS. You just have to see how it works on new to know that. The simplest games don't even work, and not to say about Xenoblade...
Speaking of which, (Xenoblade), streaming the 3DS screen while playing Xenoblade causes the game to run at a fraction of its normal speed. It seems that the streaming process might be using N3DS-specific resources because non N3D-exclusive games don't seem to slow down when streaming. Not sure if it's due to the sheer strain on the processing power or if it's actually using specific hardware only available on the N3DS.

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Speaking of which, (Xenoblade), streaming the 3DS screen while playing Xenoblade causes the game to run at a fraction of its normal speed. It seems that the streaming process might be using N3DS-specific resources because non N3D-exclusive games don't seem to slow down when streaming. Not sure if it's due to the sheer strain on the processing power or if it's actually using specific hardware only available on the N3DS.
Yup, that's what i think! ^^

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I see lit diferences in MH4U too, so it has to be as you say. Didn't try out smash, thought.

abdellbobo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Xenoblade is new 3ds exclusive used full potential of new 3ds. ntr 3.4 it's just a preview need to be for testers and is not stable
and ntr 3.4 preview1 is for showing the concept.

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Well, I see lit diferences in MH4U too, so it has to be as you say. Didn't try out smash, thought.
Smash doesn't slow down. What's surprising is that the frame rate when streaming Smash is actually the same as when streaming any other 3D game that doesn't use the increased RAM mode. But then again, RAM might not be the bottleneck.

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xenoblade is new 3ds exclusive used full potential of new 3ds. ntr 3.4 it's just a preview need to be for testers and is not stable
and ntr 3.4 preview1 is for showing the concept.
Yes, but this preview let us see how it works, so it needs to be a N3DS.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Smash doesn't slow down. What's surprising is that the frame rate when streaming Smash is actually the same as when streaming any other 3D game that doesn't use the increased RAM mode.
Then maybe the most important is the overclock, and not the RAM.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ShinyLuxio @ ShinyLuxio:
    @BigOnYa thanks but my question isn't there
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You ask your questions there, create a new thread if its not already answered, then eventually a 3ds genius will respond.
  • ShinyLuxio @ ShinyLuxio:
    I will, thanks
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No prob and btw, welcome to gbatemp! :grog:
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 I got some cheapies at wallys, that are pretty good, already have lost a few expensive ones (one falls out and gone, can't find) while cutting grass so bought some cheap ones, and of course never lose these cheap ones. (Cheap meaning only $35, compared to air buds which I only have 1 of 2 now)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They need to add air tags to they airbuds..
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @BigOnYa the airtags are bigger than the airpods, they won't fit
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Be cool tech tho. Of course they want to lose them anyways. Buy and buy again.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Apple could make a find my AirPods thing pretty easily
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You would think, esp using bluetooth, not GPS, like a "your getting hot-er" meter on your phone.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think they should tie up diddy, and let all the victims come and abuse him, we'll make a holiday of it every year. (jk, maybe)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm starting to sound like a Tck Gonna cut myself off.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's not 4th of July yet
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It is in India.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Wow, only $700?
  • SnowStormAkikaze @ SnowStormAkikaze:
    Hey :)
    If I book mark the topic where can I read them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Click on your profile pic in the top right corner, and you'll get the profile menu popup, with the profile icon highlighted at the top, and the "bookmarks" banner next to it in gray. Click on that icon and you'll get a list of your bookmarks.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Banners we don't need no stinking banners! Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [bans you for not taking a bath] :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Who bans the banners?
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I just did
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just did