OP
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hi there

I recently modded my dsi with hiya and I installed apache thunder's ntr launcher for dsi and I cant run any games on my r4 it either goes to a white screen or crashes the console tested with the original firmware and ysmenu is there any fix for this?

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I have an R4, but only ever used WoodR4 as the kernel firmware for it. So not sure how the others might interact with NTR Launcher...They should work? Did you also install the ini file for NTR Launcher? (it's provided with the latest releases). You may need to enable the slot reset option.

Tweaker_Modding

Siezure Dice™
OP
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah I have an R4, but only ever used WoodR4 as the kernel firmware for it. So not sure how the others might interact with NTR Launcher...They should work? Did you also install the ini file for NTR Launcher? (it's provided with the latest releases). You may need to enable the slot reset option.
well every game seems to work fine with woodr4 yes I did install the ini file and that didn't workand I never thought of using reset slot-1 but whats odd is that ysmenu works fine with ntr launcher on 3ds but not on dsi

Sha8q

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Wood R4 has worked perfectly for me on NTR Launcher, it is amazing how I can run my original R4 on my DS lite, DSi, and 3DS... :wtf:

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an Acekard 2i that works perfectly in a 2DS XL with the last ntrlauncher there (1.9), but I am just getting white screens on a DSi XL with ntrlauncher 2.1, whether reload is set on or off. The card was reflashed to earliest firmware so it doesn't have NTRBoot exploit installed anymore, although it was failing when I had it set up that way too.

Sha8q

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
I have an Acekard 2i that works perfectly in a 2DS XL with the last ntrlauncher there (1.9), but I am just getting white screens on a DSi XL with ntrlauncher 2.1, whether reload is set on or off. The card was reflashed to earliest firmware so it doesn't have NTRBoot exploit installed anymore, although it was failing when I had it set up that way too.
Why would you need NTR Launcher? Unlaunch and Hiya should unblock Acekards...

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Acekard 2i has trouble showing up on the system menu. I can trigger it sometimes by going in and out of system prefs but it is annoying and unreliable. It actually behaved the same way before installing Hiya, it would appear sometimes but just crash and error when launching. Hiya removed the crash when you do launch it, but didn't really do anything about it having trouble showing.

OP claims his wood card isn't even showing which is supposedly unblocked too.

I don't think this is the normal contacts issue, because I have zero freezes once the flashcart is running, and the card is absent from the menu even when I hit the power button to reset out of a long flashcard session. I'm already using some paper to push up the PCB and now have zero issues using it with a CFW 2DS XL and DS Lite. NTRlauncher also gives the same white screen behavior regardless of whether or not the dsi system menu sees the flashcard before launching it.

Sha8q

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Acekard 2i has trouble showing up on the system menu. I can trigger it sometimes by going in and out of system prefs but it is annoying and unreliable. It actually behaved the same way before installing Hiya, it would appear sometimes but just crash and error when launching. Hiya removed the crash when you do launch it, but didn't really do anything about it having trouble showing.

OP claims his wood card isn't even showing which is supposedly unblocked too.

I don't think this is the normal contacts issue, because I have zero freezes once the flashcart is running, and the card is absent from the menu even when I hit the power button to reset out of a long flashcard session. I'm already using some paper to push up the PCB and now have zero issues using it with a CFW 2DS XL and DS Lite. NTRlauncher also gives the same white screen behavior regardless of whether or not the dsi system menu sees the flashcard before launching it.
Weird. My Acekard 2i has never done that... I can only guess that it is flashed with NTRBoot, because that kills DSi compatibility. You will have to restore a backup of the Acekard in order to fix that problem.

-I see it was reflashed, I have attached the 44 and here is a link for 81: https://www.mediafire.com/download/m607hhx532u8vkr

(both obtainted from 3ds.guide)

Attachments

• Acekard_2i_(HW_44)-Flashrom.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 201
Last edited by Sha8q,

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Odd. Maybe there is something contact-related going on, although the symptoms are weird. Note I'm on 1.4.5U so I definitely needed HiyaCFW to unblock.

I already used the HW 81 flash from that guide. That's the version that comes up under AKAIO's "help" menu and also what ntrflash recognized. Presumably if I had a HW 44 card, it wouldn't be working at all right now...?

You might try NTR Launcher and see if it works better for your card than mine.

Last edited by Rahkeesh,

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try updating your Acekard. You can find an update for 1.44 DSi, but I prefer the 1.4 update.

That worked wonders! Comes up consistently every time in the system menu now. This also seems to have fixed NTR launcher and DSimenu ++. Thanks!

Last edited by Rahkeesh,

AnKi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello Fellas, I choosed to reply here instead of opening a new thread.

I have an (supposedly) R4-sdhc (NOT R4i) that is actually an TTDS Clone, I can confirm that because it asks for TTMENU.DAT if you don't install the correct firmware on the SD Card.
img1.jpg

I can use it without problems on my O3DS thanks to the ApacheThunder's Stage2 Launcher designed for TTDS Cards,
img3.jpg

But I cant make it boot on the DSi with HiYaCFW, NTR Launcher or SRLoader (Now called DSiMenu++), I just can't, I tried everything I could but nothing worked, do you guys know If I am doing something wrong?, on the DSi I cant get past the Loading screen from the card itself, It just gets stuck there.
img2.jpg

Also, even tried to export the Stage2 Loader from my 3DS and import it to my DSi but that didn't work either (I think that wouldn't work anyway because it was designed for 3DS and not DSi but I had to try)
This is a Japanese DSi, I don't know If that could be the main problem, once I installed HiYaCFW I couldn't use the touchscreen anymore on the Settings screen when I boot into OFW, on the rest of the software it works fine

Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @The Real Jdbye, :creep: