Homebrew NTR Launcher - Bring back that classic DS boot screen for your DS games!

Omer

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry , I think I'm very stupid , I watched the video and still can't figure it out . So this launch roms directly on 3ds sd card and emulate the flash card ?? Am I right ?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry , I think I'm very stupid , I watched the video and still can't figure it out . So this launch roms directly on 3ds sd card and emulate the flash card ?? Am I right ?
Wrong. It said nothing about that. With this, you can launch your DS game/flashcard that's in Slot-1 with the original DS boot animation added.

Omer

Trophies
XP
Country
Wrong. It said nothing about that. With this, you can launch your DS game/flashcard that's in Slot-1 with the original DS boot animation added.
That is it !! ... DS flash cards are already supported on the 3ds , so the only thing is the ds boot animation ... thanks for the explanation

hadis1000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Can someone explain to me why some cards seem to not work? From what I understand NTR Launcher launches cartridges and not ROMs or kernels. So why would cards fail to launch even before the kernel on the card can load?

orochi115

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
That is it !! ... DS flash cards are already supported on the 3ds , so the only thing is the ds boot animation ... thanks for the explanation
Wrong again. Not all DS flash cards are supported on 3ds. Even when DS whitelist is on v0 or patched out, only DSi-compatible cards are supported.

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Luma 6.2 and up doesn't patch the TWL dev Launcher anymore. Could you do something for it? :C
you dont need dev launcher patching unless your using the older stage 2 & stage 3 launchers, the latest versions of NTRLauncher are designe dto around this fact, if you NEED twl dev launcher patching, theres LumaDEV

Manurocker95

Game Developer & Pokémon Master
Trophies
Website
manuelrodriguezmatesanz.com
XP
Country
Spain
you dont need dev launcher patching unless your using the older stage 2 & stage 3 launchers, the latest versions of NTRLauncher are designe dto around this fact, if you NEED twl dev launcher patching, theres LumaDEV
oh, I see. I was using an old stage. Thx! ^^

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
For those who couldn't get NTR Launcher to work with their card, get a rom dump of your card and try running it with this:

https://github.com/ApacheThunder/NTR_BootStrap/releases

Install the cia and place the nds folder on the root of your 3DS SD card. The INI file contains various settings. The only one you should have to change is the NDS path. Change it to match your rom. I'm not sure if it handles spaces in filenames correctly so make sure not to use spaces in the rom file name.

If any cards work, I'll make dedicated Stage3 Launchers with this. This new stage3 launcher template does not require the dev launcher patch like my older one. :D

hadis1000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
For those who couldn't get NTR Launcher to work with their card, get a rom dump of your card and try running it with this:

https://github.com/ApacheThunder/NTR_BootStrap/releases

Install the cia and place the nds folder on the root of your 3DS SD card. The INI file contains various settings. The only one you should have to change is the NDS path. Change it to match your rom. I'm not sure if it handles spaces in filenames correctly so make sure not to use spaces in the rom file name.

If any cards work, I'll make dedicated Stage3 Launchers with this. This new stage3 launcher template does not require the dev launcher patch like my older one. :D

Wooddumper doesn't seem to work with my card. Is there another way to dump it?

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Wooddumper doesn't seem to work with my card. Is there another way to dump it?

If Decrypt9 and Wooddumper fail to dump it correctly you will need to use an older dumper. NDS Backup Tool Wifi is on filetrip. Grab that and run it with my new bootstrap program. Be sure to enable the resetslot1 option!

The only downside is because it can't use DLDI on 3DS SD, it will use default IP for FTP server. So you'll need to reconfigure your PC/Router's IP so that your PC can have the default IP it expects. Once you do that and have your FTP server running, you can then dump your card with that program. Assuming you used the resetslot1 option in the INI file, the card is ready. Do NOT eject the card like it asks. Just hit A and it should be able to init the card. :D

If Wooddumper dumps a corrupted rom, it's highly likely Decrypt9 will as well. This is the case with my DS-Xtreme. Only NDS Backup Tool Wifi did it correctly. There's a slot2 version of NDS Backup Tool, but without working DLDI for 3DS SD yet, we can't use it.

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If Decrypt9 and Wooddumper fail to dump it correctly you will need to use an older dumper. NDS Backup Tool Wifi is on filetrip. Grab that and run it with my new bootstrap program. Be sure to enable the resetslot1 option!

The only downside is because it can't use DLDI on 3DS SD, it will use default IP for FTP server. So you'll need to reconfigure your PC/Router's IP so that your PC can have the default IP it expects. Once you do that and have your FTP server running, you can then dump your card with that program. Assuming you used the resetslot1 option in the INI file, the card is ready. Do NOT eject the card like it asks. Just hit A and it should be able to init the card. :D

If Wooddumper dumps a corrupted rom, it's highly likely Decrypt9 will as well. This is the case with my DS-Xtreme. Only NDS Backup Tool Wifi did it correctly. There's a slot2 version of NDS Backup Tool, but without working DLDI for 3DS SD yet, we can't use it.
Iirc @ahezard is working on DLDI for 3DS right now, correct?

Mapachillo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I've tried to use my N5 card (which is a replica of R4), and i cannot get it to work. It stays on a white screen, i've used the NTR and Alt NTR, but still the same. It appears that this card uses the Akaio kernel files. I tried with different kernels and still white screen. Can you please help me.

I have a new 3ds on firmwar 11.0

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJewzRHdH8c