NTR CFW Video Streaming at College (Can't Turn Laptop into Access Point)

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by JohnTravolski, Jul 18, 2016.

1. JohnTravolski
    OP

JohnTravolski GBAtemp Regular

Jul 9, 2015
    United States
    Alright, I've tried everything. I just can't get it to work. So here's the deal:

My laptop can connect to Wi-Fi with no problems at all. I can also connect to the internet while plugged into the router with a LAN cable. However, what I can't do is turn the laptop into a wireless hotspot for other devices (like my 'New' Nintendo 3DS) no matter how hard I try.

Last edited by JohnTravolski, Oct 15, 2016
  2. GothicIII

GothicIII GBAtemp Fan

Jan 4, 2015
    Gambia, The
    You need a wlan chipset which supports ap-mode. Atheros dongles are cheap and are working great for example. If the chipset doesn't support that mode you can't force it with software.

Its like you want to drive a car without wheels.

3. JohnTravolski
    OP

JohnTravolski GBAtemp Regular

Jul 9, 2015
    United States
    Last edited by JohnTravolski, Jul 18, 2016
  4. GothicIII

GothicIII GBAtemp Fan

Jan 4, 2015
    Gambia, The
    The wna100 netgear usb dongle has a Broadcom chip inside. Coincidentally I have the same one. So that chip supports ap-mode. It's still shit (very expensive, no Unix support, only 2.4ghz) but it should work.

Remove any driver if you installed one from netgear. Only use the Microsoft driver and repeat the command line steps again. It works for me. Maybe you need to disable your onboard wlan chip first to get things working

Last edited by GothicIII, Jul 19, 2016