Hacking NTR CFW Video Streaming at College (Can't Turn Laptop into Access Point)

JohnTravolski

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I've tried everything. I just can't get it to work. So here's the deal:

My laptop can connect to Wi-Fi with no problems at all. I can also connect to the internet while plugged into the router with a LAN cable. However, what I can't do is turn the laptop into a wireless hotspot for other devices (like my 'New' Nintendo 3DS) no matter how hard I try.

Last edited by JohnTravolski,

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You need a wlan chipset which supports ap-mode. Atheros dongles are cheap and are working great for example. If the chipset doesn't support that mode you can't force it with software.

Its like you want to drive a car without wheels.

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The wna100 netgear usb dongle has a Broadcom chip inside. Coincidentally I have the same one. So that chip supports ap-mode. It's still shit (very expensive, no Unix support, only 2.4ghz) but it should work.

Remove any driver if you installed one from netgear. Only use the Microsoft driver and repeat the command line steps again. It works for me. Maybe you need to disable your onboard wlan chip first to get things working

Last edited by GothicIII,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night