Hacking NSMBW Mod ISO Builder v1.00

Ditto_Link

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Yes, I mentioned the system menu as the main screen.

At first, After patching clean ISO/WBFS of USAv1 and KORv0, it was tested in Dolphin.. Good works on Dolphin. :)

On Wii;
1. USAv1 work on Wiiflow v5.5.0 however failed USB Loader GX and CFG.
- USB Loader GX : Code dump error and after 20 seconds, enter the system menu
- CFG : Selected cIOS249 and cIOS250but failed, enter the system menu

2. KORv0 is all failed on Wiiflow, USB Loader GX and CFG.

Even after patching to KORv0, all texts are not output in Korean, so I decided to enjoy the game by selecting USAv1.

Thank you!
Downloading the Build_ISO.bat and rebuilding KORv0 of NewerSMBW again.

Attachments

• Build_ISO.zip
    4.9 KB · Views: 268
Reactions: fenderjaguar

DDinghoya

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South

Thank you so much for strong your support!!! I've tested your 2 versions.

SMNK01 had a problem with error 104 being displayed on screen after 10 minutes due to copy protection (?).

For convenience, I'll refer to the first version as #1 and the second as #2.

1. In Wiiflow 5.5.0 , but I could not enjoy the game because there was no alternative dol function.
2. In USB Loader GX r1272 mod v7, if you use an alternative dol, you can enter the game, but the screen changes to a black screen.
3. In CFG 78.70.10, No problem when using an alternative dol and it works.

1. Wiiflow : Same as above #-1
2. USB Loader GX : Same as above #-2
3. CFG : Unable to enter the game, continuous error occurs

It was surprising that CFG, which had no problem, had an error in #2. As a result, the first deployed version was the best choice.

Ditto_Link

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Thank you so much for strong your support!!! I've tested your 2 versions.

SMNK01 had a problem with error 104 being displayed on screen after 10 minutes due to copy protection (?).

For convenience, I'll refer to the first version as #1 and the second as #2.

1. In Wiiflow 5.5.0 , but I could not enjoy the game because there was no alternative dol function.
2. In USB Loader GX r1272 mod v7, if you use an alternative dol, you can enter the game, but the screen changes to a black screen.
3. In CFG 78.70.10, No problem when using an alternative dol and it works.

1. Wiiflow : Same as above #-1
2. USB Loader GX : Same as above #-2
3. CFG : Unable to enter the game, continuous error occurs

It was surprising that CFG, which had no problem, had an error in #2. As a result, the first deployed version was the best choice.
Why do you use alternative dol function to load another main.dol?
What is 104 error?
Two version?I just add normal common key to the batch file.
Have you ever use KoreanKii to remove korean version of common key?

DDinghoya

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Why do you use alternative dol function to load another main.dol?
What is 104 error?
Two version?I just add normal common key to the batch file.
Have you ever use KoreanKii to remove korean version of common key?

As I know only the Korean version of New Super Mario Bros. Wii has this problem. Versions released in other countries do not have this problem.

104.png

According to Release group "SQUARE" for region NTSC-K, mentioned patch dol below;

** New_Super_Mario_Bros_Wii_KOR_Wii-SQUARE **
This is a fix for the new bca protection nintendo added.
Replace this file to main.dol in data partition of your original image.
If you're using the USB Loader, just turn on the alternate .dol option in your setting.

Korean version of New Super Mario Bros. Wii works fine on USB Loader GX, CFG using fallback dol, but with NSMBW patch applied it only works on CFG in #1.

and I have never used koreanKii~

Ditto_Link

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
As I know only the Korean version of New Super Mario Bros. Wii has this problem. Versions released in other countries do not have this problem.

View attachment 291028

According to Release group "SQUARE" for region NTSC-K, mentioned patch dol below;

** New_Super_Mario_Bros_Wii_KOR_Wii-SQUARE **
This is a fix for the new bca protection nintendo added.
Replace this file to main.dol in data partition of your original image.
If you're using the USB Loader, just turn on the alternate .dol option in your setting.

Korean version of New Super Mario Bros. Wii works fine on USB Loader GX, CFG using fallback dol, but with NSMBW patch applied it only works on CFG in #1.

and I have never used koreanKii~
NSMBW_Mod_ISO_Builder never need any patched main.dol beacuse the bca check bypass patch has been added to Build_ISO.bat and apply the patch to main.dol during rebuilding phase.

DDinghoya

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
NSMBW_Mod_ISO_Builder never need any patched main.dol beacuse the bca check bypass patch has been added to Build_ISO.bat and apply the patch to main.dol during rebuilding phase.

I understood what you mean, but if don't apply alternative dol, can't proceed with the game by calling error #104 on USB Loader GX and CFG except wiiflow. :)

KaedesPiano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pied my NSMBW ISO into the working directory (I've tried both USAv2 and USAv1 copies)
- I extracted the Newer and Riivolution directories from the Newer version 1.30 package
- I modified Newer.plg with the contents you pasted above in the plugins folder
- I created NR1.3.xml with the contents you pasted above in the patch folder
- I ran Build_ISO.bat from a command prompt in the working directory
- I selected option 7 to "Select Newer SMBW"
- I chose WBFS (option 1)
- I chose Custom S

Hi, I 've downloaded the ISO Builder from the dropbox and the seperate .bat file and I'm still running into issues for patching Newer 1.3 with this error:

"The system cannot find the path specified.
!! wit: ERROR #108 [SYNTAX ERROR] in LoadFileAlloc() @ ./dclib/dclib-file.c#1497
!! File not found: ../USAv1/NewerSMBW-mod.xml"

Ditto_Link

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Hi, I 've downloaded the ISO Builder from the dropbox and the seperate .bat file and I'm still running into issues for patching Newer 1.3 with this error:

"The system cannot find the path specified.
!! wit: ERROR #108 [SYNTAX ERROR] in LoadFileAlloc() @ ./dclib/dclib-file.c#1497
!! File not found: ../USAv1/NewerSMBW-mod.xml"
Try to redownload the ISO Builder from dropbox without replacing any bat file and run the ISO builder again.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2y3nl2gdebpvu6y/NSMBW_Mod_ISO_Builder.zip?dl=0

Reactions: fenderjaguar

Merlumina

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Saving as PLG format and putting in "plugins" folder.
First code is normal version of Ultimate Super Luigi Wii,second code is Paper Luigi Enabled version.
I just test the mod on Dolphin emulator,if the mod crash on Wii/WiiU's vWii,you need to use 1.0.0 version instead of 1.1.0 version.
Warning:
1.You must delete those words " (Please Read Luigi.txt)" in NewerLW.xml before you build the mod iso/wbfs.
2.Some "Title Replay" may freeze.

Normal Version

Code:
NewerLW
altID=KMW.32
copyFiles=Tilesets\:Stage\Texture\;TitleReplay\:Replay\title\;BGs\:Object\;SpriteTex\:Object\;Layouts\:Layout\;Music\:Sound\new\;Music\sfx\:Sound\new\sfx\;Music\stream\:Sound\stream\;Music\rsar\:Sound\;NewerRes\:NewerRes\;LevelSamples\:LevelSamples\;Others\charaChangeSelectContents.arc:Layout\charaChangeSelectContents\charaChangeSelectContents.arc;Others\characterChange.arc:Layout\characterChange\characterChange.arc;Others\continue.arc:Layout\continue\continue.arc;Others\controllerInformation.arc:Layout\controllerInformation\controllerInformation.arc;Others\corseSelectMenu.arc:Layout\corseSelectMenu\corseSelectMenu.arc;Others\corseSelectUIGuide.arc:Layout\corseSelectUIGuide\corseSelectUIGuide.arc;Others\dateFile.arc:Layout\dateFile\dateFile.arc;Others\dateFile_OLD.arc:Layout\dateFile\dateFile_OLD.arc;Others\easyPairing.arc:Layout\easyPairing\easyPairing.arc;Others\extensionControllerNunchuk.arc:Layout\extensionControllerNunchuk\extensionControllerNunchuk.arc;Others\extensionControllerYokomochi.arc:Layout\extensionControllerYokomochi\extensionControllerYokomochi.arc;Others\fileSelectBase.arc:Layout\fileSelectBase\fileSelectBase.arc;Others\fileSelectBase_OLD.arc:Layout\fileSelectBase\fileSelectBase_OLD.arc;Others\fileSelectPlayer.arc:Layout\fileSelectPlayer\fileSelectPlayer.arc;Others\gameScene.arc:Layout\gameScene\gameScene.arc;Others\infoWindow.arc:Layout\infoWindow\infoWindow.arc;Others\miniGameCannon.arc:Layout\miniGameCannon\miniGameCannon.arc;Others\miniGameWire.arc:Layout\miniGameWire\miniGameWire.arc;Others\msgbox.arc:Layout\msgbox.arc;Others\pauseMenu.arc:Layout\pauseMenu\pauseMenu.arc;Others\pointResultDateFile.arc:Layout\pointResultDateFile\pointResultDateFile.arc;Others\pointResultDateFileFree.arc:Layout\pointResultDateFileFree\pointResultDateFileFree.arc;Others\preGame.arc:Layout\preGame\preGame.arc;Others\select_cursor.arc:Layout\select_cursor\select_cursor.arc;Others\sequenceBG.arc:Layout\sequenceBG\sequenceBG.arc;Others\staffCredit.arc:Layout\staffCredit\staffCredit.arc;Others\stockItem.arc:Layout\stockItem\stockItem.arc;Others\stockItemShadow.arc:Layout\stockItemShadow\stockItemShadow.arc;Others\yesnoWindow.arc:Layout\yesnoWindow\yesnoWindow.arc;Others`R`\:`CC`\Layout\openingTitle\;Maps\:Maps\;Maps\Texture\:Maps\Texture\;Stages\:Stage\
folder=NewerLW
gameID=SMN.32
lang=Font\:Font\;Message\:Message\
modName=Ultimate Super Luigi Wii
patch=NR
supports=EURv1,EURv2,JPNv1,USAv1,USAv2
XML=NewerLW
ZIP=Ultimate Super Luigi Wii v1.1.0.zip
ZIPFolder=Ultimate Super Luigi Wii V1.1\
Paper Luigi Enabled Version
Code:
NewerLW
altID=KMW.32
copyFiles=Tilesets\:Stage\Texture\;TitleReplay\:Replay\title\;BGs\:Object\;SpriteTex\:Object\;Layouts\:Layout\;Music\:Sound\new\;Music\sfx\:Sound\new\sfx\;Music\stream\:Sound\stream\;Music\rsar\:Sound\;NewerRes\:NewerRes\;LevelSamples\:LevelSamples\;Others\charaChangeSelectContents.arc:Layout\charaChangeSelectContents\charaChangeSelectContents.arc;Others\characterChange.arc:Layout\characterChange\characterChange.arc;Others\continue.arc:Layout\continue\continue.arc;Others\controllerInformation.arc:Layout\controllerInformation\controllerInformation.arc;Others\corseSelectMenu.arc:Layout\corseSelectMenu\corseSelectMenu.arc;Others\corseSelectUIGuide.arc:Layout\corseSelectUIGuide\corseSelectUIGuide.arc;Others\dateFile.arc:Layout\dateFile\dateFile.arc;Others\dateFile_OLD.arc:Layout\dateFile\dateFile_OLD.arc;Others\easyPairing.arc:Layout\easyPairing\easyPairing.arc;Others\extensionControllerNunchuk.arc:Layout\extensionControllerNunchuk\extensionControllerNunchuk.arc;Others\extensionControllerYokomochi.arc:Layout\extensionControllerYokomochi\extensionControllerYokomochi.arc;Others\fileSelectBase.arc:Layout\fileSelectBase\fileSelectBase.arc;Others\fileSelectBase_OLD.arc:Layout\fileSelectBase\fileSelectBase_OLD.arc;Others\fileSelectPlayer.arc:Layout\fileSelectPlayer\fileSelectPlayer.arc;Others\gameScene.arc:Layout\gameScene\gameScene.arc;Others\infoWindow.arc:Layout\infoWindow\infoWindow.arc;Others\miniGameCannon.arc:Layout\miniGameCannon\miniGameCannon.arc;Others\miniGameWire.arc:Layout\miniGameWire\miniGameWire.arc;Others\msgbox.arc:Layout\msgbox.arc;Others\pauseMenu.arc:Layout\pauseMenu\pauseMenu.arc;Others\pointResultDateFile.arc:Layout\pointResultDateFile\pointResultDateFile.arc;Others\pointResultDateFileFree.arc:Layout\pointResultDateFileFree\pointResultDateFileFree.arc;Others\preGame.arc:Layout\preGame\preGame.arc;Others\select_cursor.arc:Layout\select_cursor\select_cursor.arc;Others\sequenceBG.arc:Layout\sequenceBG\sequenceBG.arc;Others\staffCredit.arc:Layout\staffCredit\staffCredit.arc;Others\stockItem.arc:Layout\stockItem\stockItem.arc;Others\stockItemShadow.arc:Layout\stockItemShadow\stockItemShadow.arc;Others\yesnoWindow.arc:Layout\yesnoWindow\yesnoWindow.arc;Others`R`\:`CC`\Layout\openingTitle\;Maps\:Maps\;Maps\Texture\:Maps\Texture\;Stages\:Stage\;Avatar2.arc:Object\Luigi.arc
folder=NewerLW
gameID=SMN.32
modName=Ultimate Super Luigi Wii(Paper Luigi Enable)
patch=NR
XML=NewerLW
ZIP=Ultimate Super Luigi Wii v1.1.0.zip
ZIPFolder=Ultimate Super Luigi Wii V1.1\
Do you have a PLG for RVLution Wii ?

Ditto_Link

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Do you have a PLG for RVLution Wii ?
Code:
RVLution Wii
altID=KMN.RV
copyFiles=Tilesets\:Stage\Texture\;TitleReplay\:Replay\title\;BGs\:Object\;SpriteTex\:Object\;Layouts\:Layout\;Music\:Sound\new\;Music\sfx\:Sound\new\sfx\;Music\stream\:Sound\stream\;Music\rsar\:Sound\;NewerRes\:NewerRes\;LevelSamples\:LevelSamples\;Others\charaChangeSelectContents.arc:Layout\charaChangeSelectContents\charaChangeSelectContents.arc;Others\characterChange.arc:Layout\characterChange\characterChange.arc;Others\continue.arc:Layout\continue\continue.arc;Others\controllerInformation.arc:Layout\controllerInformation\controllerInformation.arc;Others\corseSelectMenu.arc:Layout\corseSelectMenu\corseSelectMenu.arc;Others\corseSelectUIGuide.arc:Layout\corseSelectUIGuide\corseSelectUIGuide.arc;Others\dateFile.arc:Layout\dateFile\dateFile.arc;Others\dateFile_OLD.arc:Layout\dateFile\dateFile_OLD.arc;Others\easyPairing.arc:Layout\easyPairing\easyPairing.arc;Others\extensionControllerNunchuk.arc:Layout\extensionControllerNunchuk\extensionControllerNunchuk.arc;Others\extensionControllerYokomochi.arc:Layout\extensionControllerYokomochi\extensionControllerYokomochi.arc;Others\fileSelectBase.arc:Layout\fileSelectBase\fileSelectBase.arc;Others\fileSelectBase_OLD.arc:Layout\fileSelectBase\fileSelectBase_OLD.arc.;Others\fileSelectPlayer.arc:Layout\fileSelectPlayer\fileSelectPlayer.arc;Others\gameScene.arc:Layout\gameScene\gameScene.arc;Others\infoWindow.arc:Layout\infoWindow\infoWindow.arc;Others\miniGameCannon.arc:Layout\miniGameCannon\miniGameCannon.arc;Others\miniGameWire.arc:Layout\miniGameWire\miniGameWire.arc;Others\pauseMenu.arc:Layout\pauseMenu\pauseMenu.arc;Others\pointResultDateFile.arc:Layout\pointResultDateFile\pointResultDateFile.arc;Others\pointResultDateFileFree.arc:Layout\pointResultDateFileFree\pointResultDateFileFree.arc;Others\preGame.arc:Layout\preGame\preGame.arc;Others\select_cursor.arc:Layout\select_cursor\select_cursor.arc;Others\sequenceBG.arc:Layout\sequenceBG\sequenceBG.arc;Others\staffCredit.arc:Layout\staffCredit\staffCredit.arc;Others\stockItem.arc:Layout\stockItem\stockItem.arc;Others\stockItemShadow.arc:Layout\stockItemShadow\stockItemShadow.arc;Others\yesnoWindow.arc:Layout\yesnoWindow\yesnoWindow.arc;Others`R`\:`CC`\Layout\openingTitle\;Maps\:Maps\;Maps\Texture\:Maps\Texture\;Stages\:Stage\
folder=rvlwii
gameID=SMN.RV
modName=RVLution Wii
patch=NR
XML=rvlwii
ZIP="RVLution Wii.zip"
Saving as RVLution_Wii.PLG and putting in "plugins" folder.

Merlumina

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Code:
RVLution Wii
altID=KMN.RV
copyFiles=Tilesets\:Stage\Texture\;TitleReplay\:Replay\title\;BGs\:Object\;SpriteTex\:Object\;Layouts\:Layout\;Music\:Sound\new\;Music\sfx\:Sound\new\sfx\;Music\stream\:Sound\stream\;Music\rsar\:Sound\;NewerRes\:NewerRes\;LevelSamples\:LevelSamples\;Others\charaChangeSelectContents.arc:Layout\charaChangeSelectContents\charaChangeSelectContents.arc;Others\characterChange.arc:Layout\characterChange\characterChange.arc;Others\continue.arc:Layout\continue\continue.arc;Others\controllerInformation.arc:Layout\controllerInformation\controllerInformation.arc;Others\corseSelectMenu.arc:Layout\corseSelectMenu\corseSelectMenu.arc;Others\corseSelectUIGuide.arc:Layout\corseSelectUIGuide\corseSelectUIGuide.arc;Others\dateFile.arc:Layout\dateFile\dateFile.arc;Others\dateFile_OLD.arc:Layout\dateFile\dateFile_OLD.arc;Others\easyPairing.arc:Layout\easyPairing\easyPairing.arc;Others\extensionControllerNunchuk.arc:Layout\extensionControllerNunchuk\extensionControllerNunchuk.arc;Others\extensionControllerYokomochi.arc:Layout\extensionControllerYokomochi\extensionControllerYokomochi.arc;Others\fileSelectBase.arc:Layout\fileSelectBase\fileSelectBase.arc;Others\fileSelectBase_OLD.arc:Layout\fileSelectBase\fileSelectBase_OLD.arc.;Others\fileSelectPlayer.arc:Layout\fileSelectPlayer\fileSelectPlayer.arc;Others\gameScene.arc:Layout\gameScene\gameScene.arc;Others\infoWindow.arc:Layout\infoWindow\infoWindow.arc;Others\miniGameCannon.arc:Layout\miniGameCannon\miniGameCannon.arc;Others\miniGameWire.arc:Layout\miniGameWire\miniGameWire.arc;Others\pauseMenu.arc:Layout\pauseMenu\pauseMenu.arc;Others\pointResultDateFile.arc:Layout\pointResultDateFile\pointResultDateFile.arc;Others\pointResultDateFileFree.arc:Layout\pointResultDateFileFree\pointResultDateFileFree.arc;Others\preGame.arc:Layout\preGame\preGame.arc;Others\select_cursor.arc:Layout\select_cursor\select_cursor.arc;Others\sequenceBG.arc:Layout\sequenceBG\sequenceBG.arc;Others\staffCredit.arc:Layout\staffCredit\staffCredit.arc;Others\stockItem.arc:Layout\stockItem\stockItem.arc;Others\stockItemShadow.arc:Layout\stockItemShadow\stockItemShadow.arc;Others\yesnoWindow.arc:Layout\yesnoWindow\yesnoWindow.arc;Others`R`\:`CC`\Layout\openingTitle\;Maps\:Maps\;Maps\Texture\:Maps\Texture\;Stages\:Stage\
folder=rvlwii
gameID=SMN.RV
modName=RVLution Wii
patch=NR
XML=rvlwii
ZIP="RVLution Wii.zip"
Saving as RVLution_Wii.PLG and putting in "plugins" folder.
That really was a super fast reply, thank you so much for being that kind :)

Is it that easy to write a .PLG file? Because I do have 3-5 other games I want PLG support for due to my defect disc drive.
I got programming knowledge in C++ and C# but it doesn't even seem to require huge knowledge in that.

Ditto_Link

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
That really was a super fast reply, thank you so much for being that kind :)

Is it that easy to write a .PLG file? Because I do have 3-5 other games I want PLG support for due to my defect disc drive.
I got programming knowledge in C++ and C# but it doesn't even seem to require huge knowledge in that.
Yes,the PLG format can refer to CaseyOmah's post
https://gbatemp.net/threads/nsmbw-mod-iso-builder-v1-00.349853/page-15#post-4838994

About the main.dol patch,you must change offset:0x80001800 to 0x803482C0.

Merlumina

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

fenderjaguar

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know if anyone else figured it out, but if you really want to burn an ISO to a DVD, then you can simply create a WBFS file, then transfer it to ISO in wiibackupmanager, then burn it with IMGburn. works perfect. but if you create the iso in nsmbwmodiso builder, then it won't work.

I just wish I could have a custom banner on the disc, but alas as soon as the disc is read on the system menu, it crashes the wii. presumably, if that was installed as a forwarder, then it would brick the wii? bannerbrick?

also, set "book type" to DVD-ROM in IMGburn, if your drive supports it. it seems my Wii can read any DVD-R/+R/-RW/+RW, if I do this. whereas before, it would only read certain type of DVD-R, and be picky about that.

booktype.png

Last edited by fenderjaguar,

Ditto_Link

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
I don't know if anyone else figured it out, but if you really want to burn an ISO to a DVD, then you can simply create a WBFS file, then transfer it to ISO in wiibackupmanager, then burn it with IMGburn. works perfect. but if you create the iso in nsmbwmodiso builder, then it won't work.

I just wish I could have a custom banner on the disc, but alas as soon as the disc is read on the system menu, it crashes the wii. presumably, if that was installed as a forwarder, then it would brick the wii? bannerbrick?

also, set "book type" to DVD-ROM in IMGburn, if your drive supports it. it seems my Wii can read any DVD-R/+R/-RW/+RW, if I do this. whereas before, it would only read certain type of DVD-R, and be picky about that.

View attachment 327729
New Super Mario Bros. Wii use IOS53,you must install DARKCORP1.1's cIOS53 or use some disc loader(EX:Gecko OS、NeoGamma、SoftChip)to bypass disc signature check.

Last edited by Ditto_Link,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-