Hacking NSMBW Mod ISO Builder v1.00

Ditto_Link

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
@Ditto_Link - I am still having troubles getting Newer 1.30 working in USBLoaderGX or WiiFlow

- I unpacked version 1.06 of the ISO Builder to a clean working directory
- I copied my NSMBW ISO into the working directory (I've tried both USAv2 and USAv1 copies)
- I extracted the Newer and Riivolution directories from the Newer version 1.30 package
- I modified Newer.plg with the contents you pasted above in the plugins folder
- I created NR1.3.xml with the contents you pasted above in the patch folder
- I ran Build_ISO.bat from a command prompt in the working directory
- I selected option 7 to "Select Newer SMBW"
- I chose WBFS (option 1)
- I chose Custom Save Slot (Option 2)
- I left banner options alone (selected 3 for done)
- I pressed 1 to confirm and contine

Everything went without an error and my WBFS was generated. I copied it to the correct folder on my USB drive and took it over to my Wii.

USBLoaderGX and WiiFlow both show the game, but when I try to launch it they crash
- USBLoader kicks me back out to the Wii menu
- WiiFlow Black Screens and becomes unresponsvie

To confirm: I do have the d2x CIOS settings in place for slots 249 and 250 per various guides on here.
I have an older version of newer working just fine - just cant get 1.30 working. Any help is appreciated.
I've fixed several typo in Newer.PLG and NR1.3.xml,please try it again.

Last edited by Ditto_Link,

rjchawk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v10 beta52 d2x-v10-beta52/base 56/slot 249/revision 65535
v10 beta52 d2x-v10-beta52/base 57/slot 250/revision 65535
Quick update - I also tried to build the newer holiday mod with this version of the builder and it had the same problem. I then dusted off an old copy of the Mod ISO Builder version 1.03 and took the contents of your NR1.3.xml file you provided and copied those contents into "NR.xml" on the 1.03 version. I was then able to build Newer 1.30 without any problems (using 1.0.3 Mod ISO Builder).

Not sure why the 1.06 version isn't working for me, but I still appreciate your XML contents as it helped me to build a working copy.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it still suppose to say v1.2.0?
9adbd3f3f84d3077a4eb032b94c01511.jpg

Ditto_Link

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Is it still suppose to say v1.2.0?
9adbd3f3f84d3077a4eb032b94c01511.jpg
Which ISO/wbfs do you use to patch the mod?a clean ISO/wbfs or a patched ISO/wbfs?
Do you use 1.30 version of Newer SMBW mod to patch your ISO/wbfs files?
I've tested numerous times,the version should display 1.30 instead of 1.2.0.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which ISO/wbfs do you use to patch the mod?a clean ISO/wbfs or a patched ISO/wbfs?
Do you use 1.30 version of Newer SMBW mod to patch your ISO/wbfs files?
I've tested numerous times,the version should display 1.30 instead of 1.2.0.
Clean iso and v1.30 patch files

rjchawk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

What build is this?! This solved all of my problems too - No locks or crashes shows v 1.3 and works great Maybe you should roll it up and call it Mod ISO Builder 1.7 or something. THANK YOU!

Edit: I answered my own question about version - it IS 1.07 ... here's my feedback
- It works, so right away its a huge improvement over 1.06 for me :)
- The banner when your first launch build-iso.bat doesn't wrap right and is hard to read - this is only cosmetic but might want to clean it up
- I tried to select custom save slot and type KMNP03 (despite the fact that Im using a US iso) to try to restore an old save I had that was with an European ISO. ... it didn't work, it still used my US save... not a big deal, but makes me wonder if the custom save slot option is working correctly.

On an unrelated note - how do you get or create the patch and plugin files? I appriciate your help, but I'd also love to learn to be more self sufficient so I dont have to bug people like you as much

Last edited by rjchawk,

Ditto_Link

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
What build is this?! This solved all of my problems too - No locks or crashes shows v 1.3 and works great Maybe you should roll it up and call it Mod ISO Builder 1.7 or something. THANK YOU!

On an unrelated note - how do you get or create the patch and plugin files? I appriciate your help, but I'd also love to learn to be more self sufficient so I dont have to bug people like you as much
I use Microsoft Word、Windows Calculator(To calculator the new memory address at 0x803482C0)、Hex Workshop、Microsoft Notepad to create patches and plugins.
This build is base on 1.06 version of Newer Mod ISO Builder.

Ditto_Link

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Thank you for your new build! Now builds in Korean version too! :)

In my case for Korean (SMNK01), If run the game after patching, it exit to the main screen.
What version of cIOS249、cIOS250 do you use?
Main screen?Do you mean System Menu?

DDinghoya

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
What version of cIOS249、cIOS250 do you use?
Main screen?Do you mean System Menu?

Yes, I mentioned the system menu as the main screen.

At first, After patching clean ISO/WBFS of USAv1 and KORv0, it was tested in Dolphin.. Good works on Dolphin. :)

On Wii;
1. USAv1 work on Wiiflow v5.5.0 however failed USB Loader GX and CFG.
- USB Loader GX : Code dump error and after 20 seconds, enter the system menu
- CFG : Selected cIOS249 and cIOS250but failed, enter the system menu

2. KORv0 is all failed on Wiiflow, USB Loader GX and CFG.

Even after patching to KORv0, all texts are not output in Korean, so I decided to enjoy the game by selecting USAv1.

Thank you!

nintendowii

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Ditto_Link

if i use NSMBW Mod ISO Builder v1.06 or 1.07 for Ultimate Super Luigi Wii V1.1.0 after the tool is copying the files it is closing. the tool is not creating the wbfs file.
with Newest Super Mario Bros WII it works fine. my original copy of SMNP is EURv2.

many thanks for your hard work :-)

Last edited by nintendowii,

Ditto_Link

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
@Ditto_Link

if i use NSMBW Mod ISO Builder v1.06 or 1.07 for Ultimate Super Luigi Wii V1.1.0 after the tool is copying the files it is closing. the tool is not creating the wbfs file.
with Newest Super Mario Bros WII it works fine. my original copy of SMNP is EURv2.

many thanks for your hard work :-)
You must delete those words " (Please Read Luigi.txt)" in NewerLW.xml before you build the mod iso/wbfs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
    AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78: Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit...