Hacking NSMBW Mod ISO Builder v1.00

fenderjaguar

Trophies
XP
Country
New Super Mario Bros. Wii use IOS56,you must install DARKCORP1.1's cIOS56 or use some disc loader(EX:Gecko OS、NeoGamma、SoftChip)to bypass disc signature check.

you don't need that, and I don't have it.

all that is needed is open priiloader and system hacks: "force disc games to run under IOS249": enabled

also under priiloader and settings: "use system menu IOS" off and "IOS to use for SM": 249

also, "block disc updates" and "stop disc on startup" needs to be off as well. that's it.

also, I don't know if I have cIOS56, but new super mario bros does work from disc with no custom loader with the settings listed above

Last edited by fenderjaguar,

asturnauta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi

I'm looking for a custom banner to create Newer Falling Leaf ISO file. I have found custom banner for all Newer mods, but not for Falling Leaf.

Someone has custom banner for Falling Leaf?

Thanks.

asturnauta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Reactions: LegzRwheelz

LegzRwheelz

Trophies
Scrolling here learning to mod my dishwasher
XP
Country
United States
You're awesome! Thank you. I can take it over from here. Would you happen to know how to edit this tool to make custom ISOs though? I was talking to the original dev, Casey I think was his name but he just kinda fell off and never got back to me and I'm gonna be honest, I'm good at these things but it's EXTREMELY overwhelming to me trying to figure out how to build ISOs with mods that aren't already in the tool, even though it's supported I can't figure it out.

asturnauta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You're awesome! Thank you. I can take it over from here. Would you happen to know how to edit this tool to make custom ISOs though? I was talking to the original dev, Casey I think was his name but he just kinda fell off and never got back to me and I'm gonna be honest, I'm good at these things but it's EXTREMELY overwhelming to me trying to figure out how to build ISOs with mods that aren't already in the tool, even though it's supported I can't figure it out.
I cannot help with other mods, i could make ISO only withe the Newer team mods but not tried with another mods.

Regards.

CaseyOmah

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.caseyomah.com
XP
Country
United States
I still lurk around here every couple months. The format may be a little confusing, but I tried to make it fairly simple. If you have any specific requests for PLG files (Used to add a game to the list) post a url to the riivolution package here, and next time I check in I'll see about writing it up.

LegzRwheelz

Trophies
Scrolling here learning to mod my dishwasher
XP
Country
United States
I still lurk around here every couple months. The format may be a little confusing, but I tried to make it fairly simple. If you have any specific requests for PLG files (Used to add a game to the list) post a url to the riivolution package here, and next time I check in I'll see about writing it up.
This is great! Thank you. I don't remember which one it was but when I remember, I'll post it and comment your name. Thanks again bud

Zinc

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hello, it's nice to see you still check the forum every now and then. I attempted to install a couple of the NSMBW rom hacks from the NewerTeam yesterday and I noticed a few issues with the iso builder. If you're still interested in the builder it would be really nice to see it updated.

First like others have mentioned some of the download links in the .bat file don't work and simply get a 0 byte zip file. I noticed that downloading your own zip file and extracting it would allow the builder to progress. second I noticed there's only options for a select number of rom hacks. If there's a way to get it to work with more rom hacks that would be cool. third, some of the rom hacks have trouble installing. Specifically NewerTeam's Holiday Special and Falling Leaf. When patching for Holiday Special it says it's missing the XmasP-mod.xml file in the command prompt but interestingly enough it seems to patch it no problem. The Falling Leaf doesn't complain a missing file and seems to work like normal but opening the pathed file in dolphin or on a wii will get the game stuck and freeze up on the wiimote ristband screen. The file I tried to patch was in wbfs format. I have not tested one in iso format but I might do that at some point.

So if you want and are able to, I have a few things that would be nice to see in the iso builder. It would be nice if the iso builder would check for the zip file first before attempting to download it. This could be done by looking for the name and exclude the version number (if that's possible). But the links could also be updated with those on the official NewerTeam website even though I'm aware these links are kind of a cat and mouse game in terms of trying to keep up. Another one would be the option to choose the zip file you want to patch the game with. I don't know if anything major changes between the patches but if you could simply drag the zip file into the command prompt and patch whatever version that would also create support for other patches like Super Luigi Land Wii, etc.

Lastly I see that your setup is using wimms iso tool, wit. I haven't quite been able to figure out how to use it myself but if you know of a way I can use it to patch my files myself I'd really appreciate that. I'd be willing to patch my files with wit but sadly I'm not entirely sure how to do so. I see the builder also has other patch and plugin files so I can see if it would be more difficult. At any rate I did manage to successfully patch Newer SMBW, Holiday Special and Summer Sun so thank you for making that possible. Also if you have any other easier means of communication in case you wish to converse further then that could be nice. But if you wish to limit it to gbatemp, I understand. I do really hope to hear from you. Cheers

Last edited by Zinc,

Ditto_Link

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Hello, it's nice to see you still check the forum every now and then. I attempted to install a couple of the NSMBW rom hacks from the NewerTeam yesterday and I noticed a few issues with the iso builder. If you're still interested in the builder it would be really nice to see it updated.

First like others have mentioned some of the download links in the .bat file don't work and simply get a 0 byte zip file. I noticed that downloading your own zip file and extracting it would allow the builder to progress. second I noticed there's only options for a select number of rom hacks. If there's a way to get it to work with more rom hacks that would be cool. third, some of the rom hacks have trouble installing. Specifically NewerTeam's Holiday Special and Falling Leaf. When patching for Holiday Special it says it's missing the XmasP-mod.xml file in the command prompt but interestingly enough it seems to patch it no problem. The Falling Leaf doesn't complain a missing file and seems to work like normal but opening the pathed file in dolphin or on a wii will get the game stuck and freeze up on the wiimote ristband screen. The file I tried to patch was in wbfs format. I have not tested one in iso format but I might do that at some point.

So if you want and are able to, I have a few things that would be nice to see in the iso builder. It would be nice if the iso builder would check for the zip file first before attempting to download it. This could be done by looking for the name and exclude the version number (if that's possible). But the links could also be updated with those on the official NewerTeam website even though I'm aware these links are kind of a cat and mouse game in terms of trying to keep up. Another one would be the option to choose the zip file you want to patch the game with. I don't know if anything major changes between the patches but if you could simply drag the zip file into the command prompt and patch whatever version that would also create support for other patches like Super Luigi Land Wii, etc.

Lastly I see that your setup is using wimms iso tool, wit. I haven't quite been able to figure out how to use it myself but if you know of a way I can use it to patch my files myself I'd really appreciate that. I'd be willing to patch my files with wit but sadly I'm not entirely sure how to do so. I see the builder also has other patch and plugin files so I can see if it would be more difficult. At any rate I did manage to successfully patch Newer SMBW, Holiday Special and Summer Sun so thank you for making that possible. I really hope to hear from you. Cheers
Because Newer Team has uploaded new version patches,you can't use original PLG to patch new version patches to NSMBW.
The new version patches support Taiwanese and Korean NSMBW.

Attachments

• NSMBW_Mod_ISO_Builder.zip
    8.7 MB · Views: 75
Last edited by Ditto_Link,

Zinc

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Because Newer Team has uploaded new version patches,you can't use original PLG to patch new version patches to NSMBW.
The new version patches support Taiwanese and Korean NAMBW.
Is that version released anywhere officially? I'd like to know where to look if it gets updated. Currently I have the version from gamebrew.org

CaseyOmah

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.caseyomah.com
XP
Country
United States
PLG is filename extension of NSMBW_Mod_ISO_Builder's plugins.
While @Ditto_Link updated to version 1.07 on his own, he has my full support in doing so.

Lastly I see that your setup is using wimms iso tool, wit. I haven't quite been able to figure out how to use it myself but if you know of a way I can use it to patch my files myself I'd really appreciate that. I'd be willing to patch my files with wit but sadly I'm not entirely sure how to do so. I see the builder also has other patch and plugin files so I can see if it would be more difficult. At any rate I did manage to successfully patch Newer SMBW, Holiday Special and Summer Sun so thank you for making that possible. Also if you have any other easier means of communication in case you wish to converse further then that could be nice. But if you wish to limit it to gbatemp, I understand. I do really hope to hear from you. Cheers
The mod patcher is designed to be modular, first, it DOES use Wiim's wit tool, you can find it in the support folder. Adding other patches only requires creating a PLG file. The format is quite straight-forward found here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/nsmbw-mod-iso-builder-v1-00.349853/page-15#post-4838994
The 0 byte files are because the file no longer exists at that URL. As you stated, it checjs if the file is present before attempting to download.

Last edited by CaseyOmah,

Merlumina

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@RetroDarioGaming Yes, and quite easy if you are using v1.06 (or above if I ever bother to update it) If you post a link to a valid Riivolution package I can write the plg (plugin file) to make it work seamlessly.

Permalink to Newest release: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5likqbyyrp0czld/NSMBW_Mod_ISO_Builder.zip
Release link: https://gbatemp.net/threads/nsmbw-mod-iso-builder-v1-00.349853/page-15#post-4838975
Plugin spec (if you want to go it alone): https://gbatemp.net/threads/nsmbw-mod-iso-builder-v1-00.349853/page-15#post-4838994

P.S. If you write a plugin, please post it here for everyone to enjoy.
P.P.S. Working with RetroDarioGaming On making his mod work I found a constraint (bug) I didn't know existed before. URLs are not allowed to contain the "&" character, I may be able to add support, but I'm not sure for two reasons: 1. It may be a wget constraint, 2. Lack of interest in continued development (on my part)

Update 2018/08/30:
- Okay, bug fix for 1.06 released today, updated to latest WIT by @Wiimm to solve FAST_CWD warning. updated to both permalinks, will not auto patch if you are already on 1.06
- Also working with @RetroDarioGaming to add his Halloween plugin to the package once everything is solidified.

As a programmer I extended your application to 21 supported game hacks by adding 12 new PLG files:
Also I fixed most URLs to work properly now.

P.S. Thx a lot for providing this masterpiece to us, it's so important if your Wiis disc drive is defect : )

Release link to modified version: https://mega.nz/folder/fABhwDoD#Wzuv4oODDpBp_ZAaf-HaNQ

CaseyOmah

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.caseyomah.com
XP
Country
United States
As a programmer I extended your application to 21 supported game hacks by adding 12 new PLG files:
Also I fixed most URLs to work properly now.

P.S. Thx a lot for providing this masterpiece to us, it's so important if your Wiis disc drive is defect : )

Release link to modified version: https://mega.nz/folder/fABhwDoD#Wzuv4oODDpBp_ZAaf-HaNQ
Does your version build on v1.07 (unofficial), with K and T regions, or 1.06 (official) without? If 1.06, did you add K/T support too?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.