ROM Hack RELEASE NSC_Builder. Nintendo Switch Cleaner and Builder. (Game+updates+dlc in a single xci)

• Thread starter JRoad
  • Start date
  • Views 746,768
  • Replies 2,827
  • Likes 74

18Phoenix

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@JRoad
I'm still soooo impressed by the new extreme speed :grog:

The links in post 1 are wrong again :rolleyes:
The first leads to the first old beta, the second doesn't work.
Please just use always the following link, that leads automaticaly to the newest release:
https://github.com/julesontheroad/NSC_BUILDER/releases

And the attachments are veeeery old aswell ;)

Last edited by 18Phoenix,
Reactions: lordelan

JRoad

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
@JRoad
I'm still soooo impressed by the new extreme speed :grog:

The links in post 1 are wrong again :rolleyes:
The first leads to the first old beta, the second doesn't work.
Please just use always the following link, that leads automaticaly to the newest release:
https://github.com/julesontheroad/NSC_BUILDER/releases

And the attachments are veeeery old aswell ;)
I can't do attachments due to the size and if I split the zip gbatemp says that format isn't permitted.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have key from max console but
I don't know how to use it
You mean a key file?
Use OP's template and copy over all keys to be completely sure. Than rename the file to keys.txt and put in the tools subfolder (if I remember correctly).

You could also just use Lockpick on your Switch (if you even have one lol).

Cortexfou

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I try to make a multi xci with smash xci + update 2.0 nsp + plant dlc nsp but it doesn't work. I always got a xci that Say V1.0 on the Switch main menu...
What can I do ? I tried to include the other nsp dlc too to see if it's the problem but same thing...

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I try to make a multi xci with smash xci + update 2.0 nsp + plant dlc nsp but it doesn't work. I always got a xci that Say V1.0 on the Switch main menu...
What can I do ? I tried to include the other nsp dlc too to see if it's the problem but same thing...
Did you use multi mode or update mode? You have to use update mode to add the update. If I understood that correctly, the DLC(s) can also be added through update mode.

18Phoenix

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Update Mode is the option 4 right ? I'll try that after. I used multi I think (option 2)
No, if you want to combine a fresh unmodified XCI (or NSP) with updates and DLCs, you have to use the multi-pack mode (2).
The update mode (4) is only needed if the XCI already has an update included and you want to replace the update by a newer one.
I never use the update mode because I keep the original unmodified files and combine them always new.

Last edited by 18Phoenix,
Reactions: Leozairus

Cortexfou

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I "found" a multi xci that include the 1.2.1 update and the dlc. I try now to include the 2.0 update and the new plant dlc to this one (it's my final attempt) :
I choose the update mode (4), enter, I slide my 1.2.1 xci game in the window, enter, I slide the 2.0 update, enter, I slide the plant dlc, enter, I press (1) to begin, enter, (3) to erase the previous update and dlc, enter, (2) to have a xci, enter, (0) to not patch. It begin and I got a 500Mb xci at the end...
What am I missing ?

Last edited by Cortexfou,

Znuf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Hello everyone !

I have two games with a blank square and didn't load. It's Gris and Wargroove.
Othergames i tried worked fine. it's because my key.txt is generated with a 5.2 switch and i should renew it with my updated switch ?

Thanks.

JRoad

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello everyone !

I have two games with a blank square and didn't load. It's Gris and Wargroove.
Othergames i tried worked fine. it's because my key.txt is generated with a 5.2 switch and i should renew it with my updated switch ?

Thanks.
Just look around for the keys that are in the keys_template.txt inside ztools. All are needed with the exception of xci_header_key wich is optional since I made a workaround for that. The other keys the program needs are derived from the ones asked.
Can someone help me ?
Sorry, busy weekend. My guess looking at the size is your xci ended with only the update, probably due to the base file's naming (+ characters or something like that) but i'm not completely sure, you should've get some weird messages in the process.
Well either way you can check the content of a file with the info functions from the mode 5, like that you can see the real content inside. If all the content is correctly inside the xci it should work fine, if the version it's not refresh in horizon just archive the game previously of loading the xci.
Don't care about the version show in Xecuter's loader, they mostly get it right but when it's wrong is due to their scanning code. They basically scan the xci for cnmt files and show the data form one of them, they normally get properly the update one but they sometimes choose the wrong one. There is a way to force one of them wich i'm thinking of automated after some tests. I just didn't have much time to work in the program these past 2 weekends.

Reactions: klear and lordelan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: what's up woke boy