Now that I have CBHC, what can I do besides out of region?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by markmcrobie, Feb 18, 2017.

1. markmcrobie
    OP

markmcrobie GBAtemp Fan

May 24, 2008
    Previously I just used the "Brazilian" method to install games from my region to USB.

I've now set up Haxchi and subsequently Coldboot, so I assume I can now install out of region games to USB, and install things like HBL and WUP Installer GX as channels.

What else can I do? Install Loadiine as a channel? Is there even a reason to HAVE Loadiine anymore, since I can install out of region games directly?

What about emulators? Can they be installed as channels?

Any ideas?

2. ARVI80

ARVI80 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 25, 2016
    UK
    Coldboot is now an option for you and probably the only extra option over normal haxchi. You can also now install and run dlc plus eshop/vc titles using sigpatch. Sigpatch must be run first to be able to install/boot games with unpaid dlc or eshop/vc titles. Cbhc can auto boot sigpatch or you can run it via hb.

Last edited by ARVI80, Feb 18, 2017
  3. markmcrobie
    OP

markmcrobie GBAtemp Fan

May 24, 2008
    Yeah, my CBHC is set to auto sigpatch. Do you mean I can install/play non-legit DLC and eShop titles?

4. cavolo

cavolo GBAtemp Regular

Jun 3, 2015
    France
    Yep, you just have to install them and play since you have CBHC who sigpatch.

5. markmcrobie
    OP

markmcrobie GBAtemp Fan

May 24, 2008
    Hmm, since I have an EU console, I wonder what great USA games or DLC I've been missing?

6. cavolo

cavolo GBAtemp Regular

Jun 3, 2015
    France
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Wii_U_software#Games
    Just click on "Europe" in the header of the tab, it will sort game by release date for Europe region, and unreleased game will be on the top of the tab sorted by name :) (take care of rename of certain game too :P )
    And for "great" game... Dunno, depend on your game style I think.

7. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    More than non-autobooting sysnand CFWs?

You can "safely" install systemconfigtool (note that if you install it to USB, your console won't boot without that disk connected, so better to install it to internal storage. It's OK to remove it from system settings and it will go back to normal. Be careful of what you do with systemconfigtool as it's possible, with the wrong options, to force the console to format on reboot which obviously is a bad idea with CBHC)

8. markmcrobie
    OP

markmcrobie GBAtemp Fan

May 24, 2008
    Not sure how I would even "acquire" DLC, since "that site" doesn't have any tickets for DLC...

9. Bryce304

Bryce304 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 9, 2017
    United States
    — Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

10. thorasgar

thorasgar Checkout my evil Soon-in-atorâ„¢

Jul 3, 2010
    United States
  11. C0mm4nd_

C0mm4nd_ Aspirant Wii U homebrew dev :P

Oct 9, 2016
    Italy
    Yes it has the keys

Last edited by C0mm4nd_, Feb 18, 2017
  12. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Legit tickets for eShop contents are console specific, that's why.

For making a nonlegit ticket, a titleid and titlekey pair (also available there) are all the required parts!

13. Felek666

Felek666 retarded memekid which no one likes

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    Only that version made by one gbatemp user which makes it safe to install to sysNAND. [Forgot your name ;^;]

You can screw around with channels. [brenj made RetroArch Launcher, you can find it in RetroArch thread in Wii U Homebrew section]
    Install games. Install Illegal Games. Install DLCs.

Still, no themes for Wii U.. Oh, and that's all mostly. [You can do more but eh.. FTPiiU means brick if you mess around with it without knowing anything]

14. markmcrobie
    OP

markmcrobie GBAtemp Fan

May 24, 2008
    I can't find brienj's RetroArch Launcher in the RetroArch thread!

15. Felek666

Felek666 retarded memekid which no one likes

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    Here... http://www.mediafire.com/file/h8bso6s87u1ls38/RetroArch_Launcher.7z
    Make sure to insert cores to sdcard://retroarch/cores and cores .info files to sdcard://retroarch/cores/info (They can be found in RetroArch site) also create "roms" folder in sdcard://retroarch/ or saves will not work.

markmcrobie likes this.