Hacking Now that I have CBHC, what can I do besides out of region?

markmcrobie

OP
Trophies
XP
Previously I just used the "Brazilian" method to install games from my region to USB.

I've now set up Haxchi and subsequently Coldboot, so I assume I can now install out of region games to USB, and install things like HBL and WUP Installer GX as channels.

What else can I do? Install Loadiine as a channel? Is there even a reason to HAVE Loadiine anymore, since I can install out of region games directly?

What about emulators? Can they be installed as channels?

Any ideas?

ARVI80

Trophies
XP
Country
Coldboot is now an option for you and probably the only extra option over normal haxchi. You can also now install and run dlc plus eshop/vc titles using sigpatch. Sigpatch must be run first to be able to install/boot games with unpaid dlc or eshop/vc titles. Cbhc can auto boot sigpatch or you can run it via hb.

Last edited by ARVI80,

cavolo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hmm, since I have an EU console, I wonder what great USA games or DLC I've been missing?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Wii_U_software#Games
Just click on "Europe" in the header of the tab, it will sort game by release date for Europe region, and unreleased game will be on the top of the tab sorted by name :) (take care of rename of certain game too :P )
And for "great" game... Dunno, depend on your game style I think.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
More than non-autobooting sysnand CFWs?

You can "safely" install systemconfigtool (note that if you install it to USB, your console won't boot without that disk connected, so better to install it to internal storage. It's OK to remove it from system settings and it will go back to normal. Be careful of what you do with systemconfigtool as it's possible, with the wrong options, to force the console to format on reboot which obviously is a bad idea with CBHC)

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Not sure how I would even "acquire" DLC, since "that site" doesn't have any tickets for DLC...
Legit tickets for eShop contents are console specific, that's why.

For making a nonlegit ticket, a titleid and titlekey pair (also available there) are all the required parts!

D

Deleted User

More than non-autobooting sysnand CFWs?

You can "safely" install systemconfigtool (note that if you install it to USB, your console won't boot without that disk connected, so better to install it to internal storage. It's OK to remove it from system settings and it will go back to normal. Be careful of what you do with systemconfigtool as it's possible, with the wrong options, to force the console to format on reboot which obviously is a bad idea with CBHC)
Only that version made by one gbatemp user which makes it safe to install to sysNAND. [Forgot your name ;^;]

You can screw around with channels. [brenj made RetroArch Launcher, you can find it in RetroArch thread in Wii U Homebrew section]
Install games. Install Illegal Games. Install DLCs.

Still, no themes for Wii U.. Oh, and that's all mostly. [You can do more but eh.. FTPiiU means brick if you mess around with it without knowing anything]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself